Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some of the sting is gone

Started by lynbug, March 16, 2018, 10:36:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lynbug

Our loss can't be as bad as Virginia's can it?

code red

Get that coach now.  Mr. Yur please make us winners.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Breems

I posted the same thing. Enjoyed that so much it took some of the sting out.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

3kgthog

It doesn't make me feel the least bit better.

This is as good as it's gonna get for our basketball program under MA. Look for a ghost town in BWA next season.

Kevin

Somebody else losing does not make the hog loss better
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Breems

Quote from: Kevin on March 16, 2018, 10:47:06 pm
Somebody else losing does not make the hog loss better

Someone else winning does.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

orvillesghost

Not a bit for me

This was a bad loss and considering its MA's seventh year and a senior dominated team, a poor season.

I enjoyed watching UVA go down but it has no bearing on Arkansas.

JONAS

That and the fact that the baseball team beat # 4 Kentucky helped.

mhsbc59

For those worried about relevency and claim that MA ruinied us Let this sink in we have not been the the sweet 16 since 1996. Nolan was still the coach for 5 years after that. 22 years it's been 2 decades!! Some of y'all need to not live and die with Arkansas sports and find other thing to enjoy in life.  There is more to the world that hog sports.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

JONAS

Quote from: mhsbc59 on March 16, 2018, 10:54:39 pm
For those worried about relevency and claim that MA ruinied us Let this sink in we have not been the the sweet 16 since 1996. Nolan was still the coach for 5 years after that. 22 years it's been 2 decades!! Some of y'all need to not live and die with Arkansas sports and find other thing to enjoy in life.  There is more to the world that hog sports.

I agree.  I do get over loses sooner now that I did when I was a teen.

RagingHawgOn

We won the National Championship in 1994.

It can be done here.

Quit making excuses.

JONAS

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on March 16, 2018, 10:59:08 pm

It can be done here.

Quit making excuses.

I'm glad I was able to see it.

Boardon Hamsay

A good salve or balm can take some of the sting away....
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

RagingHawgOn

mhsbc59

It can be done here.

Quit making excuses.

Yes it can will it I'm not holding my breath it's been a quarter century glad I was alive and watched every game
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

mhsbc59

It can be done here.

Quit making excuses.

1994 a lot in the world and basketball has changed since then.

BearsBisonsBoars

It can be done here.

Quit making excuses.

That's not an excuse. Stop redirecting. The man is saying that a lot of you need some frigging perspective and he's dead right.

It's 18 year olds playing a game. It's pathetic if that "ruins your weekend".

mhsbc59

Duke ,
North Carolina,
Kentucky,
Kansas

Those are the only teams that have maintained national basketball powers over the last 25 years.

BadHog

I went from complete depression to exuberance in a matter of 15 minutes. Misery needs company.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on March 16, 2018, 11:04:41 pm
That's not an excuse. Stop redirecting. The man is saying that a lot of you need some frigging perspective and he's dead right.

It's 18 year olds playing a game. It's pathetic if that "ruins your weekend".

Redirecting? Laughable.

These games don't ruin my weekend. However, these games DO make me reevaluate my funding.

What about you?

Otis

So 12 yeears of those were with this "style" of play and Anderson has been a part of 12 of those years.  Maybe we need to move in a different direction? This style doesn't seem to get it done.

BigBlueHell

Quote from: JONAS on March 16, 2018, 10:52:25 pm
That and the fact that the baseball team beat # 4 Kentucky helped.

Now this is the best news I've heard all day!
My 2 favorite teams...my Arkansas Razorbacks and whoever is playing Kentucky.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BadHog on March 16, 2018, 11:10:02 pm
I went from complete depression to exuberance in a matter of 15 minutes. Misery needs company.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hoglady

I started feeling better as soon as I watched Texas lose.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

moses_007

It can be done here.

Quit making excuses.

That team had shooters... 8 or 9 who could shoot lights out.  This team didn't have that.

BadHog

Quote from: moses_007 on March 16, 2018, 11:13:51 pm
That team had shooters... 8 or 9 who could shoot lights out.  This team didn't have that.

When you're one and done scores 7 points you're screwed.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

mhsbc59

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on March 16, 2018, 11:10:43 pm
Redirecting? Laughable.

These games don't ruin my weekend. However, these games DO make me reevaluate my funding.

What about you?
I could careless what u do with your money as if anything you give really even counts with any of the people that matter.  You seem to think it does hate to bust ur bubble with that. TV contracts and a literal handfull of donors matter.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: moses_007 on March 16, 2018, 11:13:51 pm

Another excuse.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: mhsbc59 on March 16, 2018, 11:17:10 pm
I could careless what u do with your money as if anything you give really even counts with any of the people that matter
Glad you could care less......

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on March 16, 2018, 11:10:43 pm
Redirecting? Laughable.

What about you?

I'm good. The "ruined weekend" was a general statement to the board. Lots of weak-kneed crying after every loss.

And it was redirecting. The guy you replied to didn't make any excuse or anything that could be interpreted as one. Your statement about excuses is an attempt to reframe his argument on your own terms rather than address it directly.

Whatever you do with your money is your business and is a separate issue. I had a similar revaluation due to Bret. Don't care enough about hoops to let it affect my money unless they start doing shady sh-t.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on October 27, 1974, 11:14:11 am

And it was redirecting. The guy you replied to didn't make any excuse or anything that could be interpreted as one. Your statement about excuses is an attempt to reframe his argument on your own terms rather than address it directly.

Clearly, you and "the guy" missed my point.

mhsbc59

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on March 16, 2018, 11:30:33 pm
Clearly, you and "the guy" missed my point.
Is the point that u think an awful lot about yourself and your money no we get it. You think your big time lead us to victory buddy you got all the answers

checkraiser88

What's the Virginia board looking like right now? It's probaby bad in there lol

pigture perfect

Nah, the sting aint gone. UVA has something Coming back. We just don't know what we have.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jvanhorn

It can be done here.

Quit making excuses.

Yeah, well the Royals won the World Series in 2015.  Don't look for that to happen again in your lifetime.

AirWarren

It can be done here.

Quit making excuses.

LOL. Let's be honest, it was a fluke. I loved seeing it. But it's a fluke.

Same with "64". Back when it was only slow white boy football. Decades have passed and we are a mid level program. If that.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: mhsbc59 on March 16, 2018, 11:40:27 pm
Is the point that u think an awful lot about yourself and your money no we get it. You think your big time lead us to victory buddy you got all the answers

Sorry you're rustled. It'll be ok with time.

Athog

Quote from: lynbug on March 16, 2018, 10:36:08 pm
Our loss can't be as bad as Virginia's can it?

Yeah probably right because we are near as good as Virginia!

fineswine

Quote from: jvanhorn on March 17, 2018, 01:02:01 am
Yeah, well the Royals won the World Series in 2015.  Don't look for that to happen again in your lifetime.
They won in 1985 too! I never thought I would see another after that year (with a lot of help from Denkinger).

Tejano Jawg

I understand that bigger upsets can be a diversion for neutral people. We really weren't news losing to Butler.

But what we did has its own compartment for me, so no other games can change that downer feeling. A close loss is a disappointment, and I've seen plenty of those in post-season ball. But last night became an embarrassment. That is how most 15 or 16 seeds get beat...like smaller-conference teams that get in the Tourney—or—like teams that probably shouldn't be there to begin with.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Atlhogfan1

Who claimed MA ruined us?

You're right. No reason to keep paying attention.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on March 17, 2018, 06:14:50 pm
I understand that bigger upsets can be a diversion for neutral people. We really weren't news losing to Butler.

But what we did has its own compartment for me, so no other games can change that downer feeling. A close loss is a disappointment, and I've seen plenty of those in post-season ball. But last night became an embarrassment. That is how most 15 or 16 seeds get beat...like smaller-conference teams that get in the Tourney—or—like teams that probably shouldn't be there to begin with.
The thrill is gone...

code red

We won the National Championship in 1994. By

It can be done here.

Quit making excuses.
This.  Some schools actually like coaches that win and fire nice guys that lose.  Just a thought.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

panhandlepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 17, 2018, 06:39:43 pm
The thrill is gone...

There is nothing any other team can do going forward that will take the sting out of yesterday. We looked horribly bad.
  I'm still watching some games but you are right. The thrill is gone and I miss it.

Tejano Jawg

Tomorrow, when we're NOT playing Purdue, it'll sting all over again.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

PonderinHog

Quote from: panhandlepig on March 17, 2018, 07:57:45 pm
  There is nothing any other team can do going forward that will take the sting out of yesterday. We looked horribly bad.
  I'm still watching some games but you are right. The thrill is gone and I miss it.
Nothing more fun than watching the Hogs get on a roll in the Big Dance, is there?

panhandlepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 17, 2018, 08:21:35 pm
Nothing more fun than watching the Hogs get on a roll in the Big Dance, is there?

It was fun.  Awesome. Unbelievable.  I watched it.  I want to see it again.

EastexHawg

Yes, apathy has finally set in.  Mediocrity has saved us all by giving us greater perspective.  Ain't it wonderful?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on March 17, 2018, 01:06:52 pm
Sorry you're rustled. It'll be ok with time.

You are the one crying
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

PonderinHog

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 17, 2018, 08:29:09 pm
Yes, apathy has finally set in.  Mediocrity has saved us all by giving us greater perspective.  Ain't it wonderful?
Meh...