Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's your new team?

Started by alohawg, March 16, 2018, 09:39:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alohawg

Or teams to follow/pull for the tournament?

Reckon I'll pull for Houston, maybe Tennessee, the SEC in general, and of course Buffalo.
As long as it's not another blue blood title, amirite?

Something to get our minds off today's suckiness.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

AirWarren

Quote from: alohawg on March 16, 2018, 09:39:19 pm

Reckon I'll pull for Houston, maybe Tennessee, the SEC in general, and of course Buffalo.

Florida Gators. Always.

hogwood

Michigan St, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Houston, Tennessee, Gonzaga, Texas Tech... I guess Butler.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

alohawg

Might have to add UMBC  :) Wow that Lyles(sp) kid is real good.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hogwood on March 16, 2018, 10:00:42 pm
Michigan St, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Houston, Tennessee, Gonzaga, Texas Tech... I guess Butler.
i was going to say might as well be Butler
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

PonderinHog

Quote from: alohawg on March 16, 2018, 10:02:04 pm
Might have to add UMBC  :) Wow that Lyles(sp) kid is real good.
Beat me to it!

alohawg

Lord have mercy, THAT KID IS GOOOOOOD!
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

hog.goblin

Butler.  I want to lose to the Champs if I'm gonna lose.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hog.goblin on March 17, 2018, 02:22:51 pm

Well that would be a hell of a moral victory to add to the Anderson spin list. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

alohawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 17, 2018, 02:24:21 pm

No doubt, ultimately not in Ark best interest. I want Purdue to pummel Butler in humiliating fashion.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

hog.goblin

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 17, 2018, 02:24:21 pm

I don't like to root for anyone but Arkansas.  But if I'm watching any other games I would like to see our losses be to the best possible teams. 

I don't call that a moral victory or Anderson spin. 

I'm not happy enough about this season to have any moral victories or any Anderson spin.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

raz1965

Anybody but the blue bloods an Mich st or nova.

Nolan's Boots

Buffalo.. Great Game in round 1,
Loyola... #0 Donte Ingram is one of me favorite players to watch.
Tennessee... Gotta root for someone in the conference don't wanna be a total Scrooge.
Nevada...I like their style,
Zags... Maybe they finally get 1
Michigan State... Wife is a State fan and she roots for the HOGS because of me so I return the love to her squad.
Pigs Gon Fly Today Brotha

Roy Bacon

Anyone except a blue blood ........ How about Butler or UMBC ?  That sounds good to me .
Just say no to the forward facing Hog !

Poker_hog

Whoever is playing Kentucky
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

popcornhog

I'll be pulling for Butler, Houston, and Tennessee.

Schofield is probably my favorite non Arkansas player in the tournament.
WPS

alohawg

Quote from: popcornhog on March 17, 2018, 03:42:13 pm
I'll be pulling for Butler, Houston, and Tennessee.

Schofield is probably my favorite non Arkansas player in the tournament.

He's one of my favorites also, stud player. I like that kid Jairus Lyles from UMBC too, great throw back drives last night.
Like others, I'm sick at the state of hog bball now......but I love the game and the tourney.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Dwight_K_Shrute

MState women.  I have had tickets to the KC regional for a month.  Full disclosure my wife is an MSU alum and it was partly to ensure I keep my groping privileges for awhile, but they are a solid team and fun to watch. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Atlhogfan1

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 17, 2018, 03:59:38 pm
MState women.  I have had tickets to the KC regional for a month.  Full disclosure my wife is an MSU alum and it was partly to ensure I keep my groping privileges for awhile, but they are a solid team and fun to watch.
Is UConn any good this year ???

Mjs84

Quote from: hog.goblin on March 17, 2018, 02:22:51 pm

We did last year

Mjs84

I liked that Wisconsin team that had all the white guys a few years ago.  Other than that it's only Hogs.

RebHog

I am seeing that Haas is fighting to play with a fractured elbow if he does I'm rootin for that dude. Michigan and Cinderella UMBC as well.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 17, 2018, 04:12:00 pm

Are you being sarcastic?  Probably better than last year and State will have no chance of sneaking up on them, but I don't think they would meet until the finals if they make it they make it that far. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 17, 2018, 04:29:07 pm
Are you being sarcastic?  Probably better than last year and State will have no chance of sneaking up on them, but I don't think they would meet until the finals if they make it they make it that far.
Qui, moi?  I just saw here they scored 94 points in a half and thought I'd mess with you a little.

alohawg

If these Buffalo kids start hitting 3's, Kentucky will get rattled.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Poker_hog

Quote from: alohawg on March 17, 2018, 04:44:55 pm
If these Buffalo kids start hitting 3's, Kentucky will get rattled.

I'd say thier baseball team in throughly rattled. 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

ChicoHog

Quote from: AP85 on March 16, 2018, 09:55:13 pm
Florida Gators. Always.
I root for anyone except UF.  Pretty much in all sports.  Go Red Raiders today!

ChicoHog

March 17, 2018, 06:27:02 pm #32 Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 10:46:05 am by ChicoHog
Quote from: TheRazorback500 on March 16, 2018, 10:11:30 pm
Xavier
I like Xavier.  Chris Mack is a good coach.  I like Musselman from Nevada also but they have no chance.  I'll root for Michigan-john Beulien is a great coach-,Mich St and Izzo, Villanova, Xavier and UNC.  But i really don't care that much.  And against Auburn as I can't stand Bruce Pearl.  Mostly I root for whoever I bet on that day. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 17, 2018, 06:27:02 pm
I like Xavier.  Chris Mack is a good coach.  I like Musselman from Nevada also but they have no chance.  I'll root for Michigan-john Beulien is a great coach-,Mich St and Izzo, Villanova, Xavier and UNC.  But i really don't care that much.  Mostly I root for whoever I bet on that day.
Did you hear Musselman's locker room speech after their game?  They had to turn off the sound after the first F-bomb.  He was fired up!

oldbooniehog

Since Arkansas lost, I have watched exactly zero NCAA tournament games.

But then again, with the Hogs not making the NCAA tournament for about 7 consecutive years in the recent past, I'm used to not watching NCAA tournament games.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 17, 2018, 04:12:00 pm

I wasn't even aware of their game or how in ended until long after that post or I may have caught on. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Poker_hog on March 17, 2018, 03:33:34 pm

This is the only true answer.

I dislike them because of their fans..........then Monk........then Calipari.....
This is my non-signature signature.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: oldbooniehog on March 17, 2018, 06:33:41 pm
Since Arkansas lost, I have watched exactly zero NCAA tournament games.

But then again, with the Hogs not making the NCAA tournament for about 7 consecutive years in the recent past, I'm used to not watching NCAA tournament games.

I still watch cuz it's crazy. Anything can happen (ie. UMBC, Loyola-Chicago, etc). March Madness jus brings some unbelievable performances and I love watching them.

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

LR_Matt

Kentucky....only SEC team that's worth a flip, like every year. They made it to the sweet 16 in a down year. We can't make it any year. FIRE MIKE!

bphi11ips

Once Arkansas is gone I don't care. Game by game I favor anyone who makes us look better, except Kentucky. And it gags me to ever pull for A&M or Auburn. A&M has no shot today, but I hate North Carolina with a passion reserved only for Duke, Kentucky and Kansas. Auburn is the only hope to keep Kentucky from being the only SEC team in the Sweet 16. The "crap conference" crowd have already started crowing. So I'll swallow my gall and pull for A&M and Auburn today. Other than that it's probably Butler and UMBC, just because.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

steveaustin69

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 18, 2018, 10:32:25 am
Once Arkansas is gone I don't care. Game by game I favor anyone who makes us look better, except Kentucky. And it gags me to ever pull for A&M or Auburn. A&M has no shot today, but I hate North Carolina with a passion reserved only for Duke, Kentucky and Kansas. Auburn is the only hope to keep Kentucky from being the only SEC team in the Sweet 16. The "crap conference" crowd have already started crowing. So I'll swallow my gall and pull for A&M and Auburn today. Other than that it's probably Butler and UMBC, just because.

Hilarious

bphi11ips

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 18, 2018, 10:35:59 am
Hilarious

Did your mother drop you on your head a lot or were you kicked in the head by a mule?

PonderinHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 18, 2018, 11:26:46 am
Did your mother drop you on your head a lot or were you kicked in the head by a mule?
Yes.

bphi11ips

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 18, 2018, 11:29:18 am
Yes.

You have a unique ability to crack us all up. If you want to give stand up a try PM me.

If I've learned one thing from 11 years of posting on Hogville it's this - never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

BTW - the first post was for stevie. He was right on cue.

HammusArkansus

Texas Tech - Chris Beard - If any thing were to happen with MA as coach, think Beard would be a great hire.

The Kig

UMBC.... would love to see a true Cinderella story come true. 
Poker Porker

TorsinAHog

Well you day really stunk
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

carolinahogger

In this order:

Duke - Eldest daughter and son in law alma mater
UNC - Middle daughter's alma mater.
Kansas- My alma mater
Loyola Chicago - Gotta love an underdog that came to play.

Kansas will spit the bit, as usual.

hobhog

Hog baseball team. Great coach, great talent. Will be nice change of pace.....

hobhog

Quote from: HammusArkansus on March 18, 2018, 12:09:35 pm
Texas Tech - Chris Beard - If any thing were to happen with MA as coach, think Beard would be a great hire.

Make him say no to us several times.