Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UDFA signings

Started by ricepig, April 29, 2017, 06:03:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

Most of these small, white slot receivers that are having success in the NFL are not fast WRs at all, but they all are extremely quick and get open by being able to cut much better.  Faster receivers tend to not be able to cut nearly as well.   I honestly think Morgan has a chance to really do some damage in this league as a slot receiver because of his quickness, intelligence, and toughness.
SCREW Vandy!

RaisinHog

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Hogs49ers on April 30, 2017, 06:02:32 pm
Most of these small, white slot receivers that are having success in the NFL are not fast WRs at all, but they all are extremely quick and get open by being able to cut much better.  Faster receivers tend to not be able to cut nearly as well.   I honestly think Morgan has a chance to really do some damage in this league as a slot receiver because of his quickness, intelligence, and toughness.

The pro shuttle time is, and always has been, the more important time for slot receivers.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

RazorRed26

Sorry if already listed, however does anyone know where these x-Hogs have signed?

Brooks Ellis
Taiwan Johnson
Dominique Reed
Kody Walker
JaMichael Winston-Bucs?

longpig

Quote from: RazorRed26 on May 01, 2017, 10:00:06 am
Sorry if already listed, however does anyone know where these x-Hogs have signed?

Brooks Ellis
Taiwan Johnson
Dominique Reed
Kody Walker
JaMichael Winston-Bucs?

From what I can find, none of these guys have been picked up.
Don't be scared, be smart.

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ur

Ellis has. Just waiting for the announcement.

hog.goblin

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 30, 2017, 04:30:25 pm
Comparing pro days (filling in combine numbers if pro day aren't available)

5'9 195, 4.65 forty, 30" vert, 9'5" broad, 4.01 shuttle, 7.09 3cone
6' 190, 4.62 forty, 30" vert, 9'3" broad, 4.02 shuttle, 6.63 3cone

Based on your post, one would think that the 2nd set of numbers were Welker's. Faster forty, much faster 3cone signifying quickness. However, the 2nd numbers are in fact Morgan's. Taller, faster, and quicker than Welker.

Benny is right, they are very similar.  Morgan is like a white Wes Welker.

elksnort

Quote from: Hogs49ers on April 30, 2017, 06:02:32 pm
I agree, there seems to be many of them now days.

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: hog.goblin on May 02, 2017, 11:22:15 pm
Benny is right, they are very similar.  Morgan is like a white Wes Welker.

That's pretty funny