Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*Official* Gerry Bohanon goes to.......

Started by Jackson_64, December 19, 2017, 02:42:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Some Hog fans are letting him have it on twitter b/c of the fake hat disrespect. That was a dumb move.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Peter Porker

Apparently, he would have flipped to Arkansas if the coaching staff would have met one condition: pull Noland's offer.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

arkansasbred

I really feel as if we ended up with the better quarterback. I felt it before GB picked a school and I still feel that way.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 19, 2017, 03:05:41 pm
Apparently, he would have flipped to Arkansas if the coaching staff would have met one condition: pull Noland's offer.
that what they are insinuating. And if that's true, just wow. Good riddance.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

cosmodrum

Does he keep the Hog hat or get a take it and the receipt back to Tractor Supply for a refund
Go away, batin'

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 19, 2017, 03:06:33 pm
Does he keep the Hog hat or get a take it and the receipt back to Tractor Supply for a refund
i bet he borrowed it from a kid at school. looked like a gas station hat.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 19, 2017, 03:07:19 pm
i bet he borrowed it from a kid at school. looked like a gas station hat.

Smelled like gas and potato wedges
Go away, batin'

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 19, 2017, 03:02:48 pm
So tell us oh great one. Why DO they sometimes leave ??? ::) I mean since you obviously have all the answers.

Just the comments and how adults act when kids make a decision they feel is best for them. It's alright to disagree with the decision but all the negative personal comments...too much. Besides a lot athletes before him have left Arkansas and done much better than they ever could had they stayed.

Arkansas has practically no history in showcasing and developing dual threat QB's. While I agree that Morris is different...evidently that was not enough to convince him.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

311Hog

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 19, 2017, 03:13:22 pm
Just the comments and how adults act when kids make a decision they feel is best for them. It's alright to disagree with the decision but all the negative personal comments...too much. Besides a lot athletes before him have left Arkansas and done much better than they ever could had they stayed.

Arkansas has practically no history in showcasing and developing dual threat QB's. While I agree that Morris is different...evidently that was not enough to convince him.

i agree adults acting stupid, but IF and a big IF he wanted the Hogs to pull Nolan's offer, and he is obviously going to a terrible team in Baylor where their only QB just transferred it does smell like the kid wanted to be assured of starting from day one and that is just unrealistic to ask or promise.

I mean i hope the kid does well but i just don't see how.  Baylor is toast.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Bielema era still biting us in the ass! Luckily an angel landed in Fayetteville 2 weeks ago. Actually he wasn't an angel, red bull just gave him wings...
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on December 19, 2017, 03:18:09 pm
Bielema era still biting us in the ass! Luckily an angel landed in Fayetteville 2 weeks ago. Actually he wasn't an angel, red bull just gave him wings...

zebradynasty

You actually believe that a high school kid that's never played a down of college football would demand such a condition and think it would be accepted. Noland committed like a year ago? If that was the demand he never was seriously thinking on coming here because no school in a P-5 conference would agree to such a demand like that!

I feel that we lost this kid from the start because I kept hearing code words like we can recruit him as an athlete. That's a synonym for moving him WR after his freshman year.

redeye

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 19, 2017, 02:42:51 pm
Can't believe he chose Baylor of all places.

Same here.  I don't recall Arkansas ever losing an instate player to Baylor, but I'm sure it's happened somewhere along the way.

FrJoseph

Quote from: redleg on December 19, 2017, 02:49:44 pm
Oh yeah? What exactly is it telling you?

That Bama and Auburn wasn't recruiting him at QB and he doesn't have enough confidence to want to compete at AR for the starting job.

Fr Joe
You made us for yourself oh God, and are hearts are restless until they rest in you.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 19, 2017, 03:21:40 pm
You actually believe that a high school kid that's never played a down of college football would demand such a condition and think it would be accepted. Noland committed like a year ago? If that was the demand he never was seriously thinking on coming here because no school in a P-5 conference would agree to such a demand like that!

I feel that we lost this kid from the start because I kept hearing code words like we can recruit him as an athlete. That's a synonym for moving him WR after his freshman year.

Not code words.  He wasn't being promised he would stay at qb.  Nothing coded about it.

Quote from: redeye on December 19, 2017, 03:26:02 pm
Same here.  I don't recall Arkansas ever losing an instate player to Baylor, but I'm sure it's happened somewhere along the way.

Look at his other choices.  Not like he had his pick among elite programs.

Baylor's selling points to him:
Baptist - (they fail to act like it often with their athletic teams but they still use the facade)
RG III
Recent offense

It won't be discussed.  zebra is dancing around it some and a poster every now and then will say it, Arkansas has an image issue with some African Americans in state including qb's.  It's been since Grovey since an AA qb played consistently and well at Arkansas.  DMac in the Wildcat not counting. 

Our previous staff was honest with him on whether they would keep him at qb.  Obviously if he came in and wowed, I'm sure they would have.  But they weren't going to promise him.  And if they had and had stayed and it didn't work out at qb, see the paragraph above for the "message" some would take from it.  I'm good with a staff being honest with recruits especially in state. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

moses_007

This is turning into an awful week for our recruiting.  I don't think Morris is the recruiter many here thought he was.

onebadrubi

Quote from: redleg on December 19, 2017, 02:49:44 pm
Oh yeah? What exactly is it telling you?

Well, for beginners people bashed the previous staff for their approach on this kid.  Yet all of his SEC offers and contacts appear to have been similar, no guarantee at QB. 

Second, a few around here lately who wanted to act as if they were in the know, swore he was a silent commit to an SEC school, which was nothing more than SEC rumor. 

It is telling because the kid was set on going somewhere that his first spring INT he wasn't going to be asked to move to another position.  He went somewhere he will for sure be QB and can learn the position by taking lumps.

The fact that his final table of hats had no real power contenders also says where his decision position wise ranked with the national contenders, which coincidently is also the people who we are held accountable against by the same people wanting Bohanon and bashing the previous staff for not pursuing him harder. 

Hogtimes

Quote from: italian9005 on December 19, 2017, 02:51:12 pm
No top schools as choices that speaks volume on his talent level

Sad that we were one of his choices.

HoggusMaximus

who are we to determine the kids future just let the kid go where he wants to go. do you really want him if he doesn't want to be here?

Pumbaa

Good luck to the kid. I don't believe he ever would have taken a snap at QB for us and that's what he really wanted to do. Cole was QB1 with or without him. Noland may be just as good and I think we have a decent chance at flipping Gunnell (gut feeling).

Hogtimes

I have a hard time believing that.   No one is naive enough to think a school would pull a player's scholarship that had been committed for several months.   That sounds like sour grapes to me.  He chose another school, fans need to accept it and move on.

jackflash

Justifiable Hogicide

colbs

Quote from: moses_007 on December 19, 2017, 03:40:06 pm
This is turning into an awful week for our recruiting.  I don't think Morris is the recruiter many here thought he was.
Gerry said he decided on Baylor a month ago.

phadedhawg

Baylor has proven they will do whatever is necessary to stand behind players and I seriously doubt the boosters behave any differently now.   

I'm sure there was something to sweeten the pot a bit.  Why else would a kid with potential go to school in a dumpster fire in Waco.

#1 STUNNA

Baylor now has a top 25 class after going 1-11.... dumpster fire!!!!!

WooPig90

Quote from: Hogtimes on December 19, 2017, 04:00:11 pm
I have a hard time believing that.   No one is naive enough to think a school would pull a player's scholarship that had been committed for several months.   That sounds like sour grapes to me.  He chose another school, fans need to accept it and move on.

It's not sour grapes and its not fans that say this. This came straight from GB's mouth to our coaching staff, so if you dont want to believe it and you just be upset about it then thats all on you

zebradynasty

Was anyone expecting him to bring in a top 10 class? Given the current state of football on the hill...top 50 (way too optimistic) was max even had BB stayed. I'm not counting this class against Morris, too much chaos to expect a bunch of flips and highly rated players this late in the year.

zebradynasty

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 19, 2017, 04:40:50 pm
It's not sour grapes and its not fans that say this. This came straight from GB's mouth to our coaching staff, so if you dont want to believe it and you just be upset about it then thats all on you

Only way I believe that is I see a source. Not, "I heard from someone he told the coaches...."

cosmodrum

Why, bc of Banks and GB? Banks was gone as soon as UF offered, and GB wants a guarantee to play, so he chose Baylor.

The sky isn't falling.
Go away, batin'

WooPig90

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 19, 2017, 04:44:34 pm
Only way I believe that is I see a source. Not, "I heard from someone he told the coaches...."

Dont really care if you believe it honestly..

zebradynasty

Quote from: phadedhawg on December 19, 2017, 04:29:12 pm
Baylor has proven they will do whatever is necessary to stand behind players and I seriously doubt the boosters behave any differently now.   

I'm sure there was something to sweeten the pot a bit.  Why else would a kid with potential go to school in a dumpster fire in Waco.

Dumpster fire vs Chinese Fire Drill... :-\

WooPig90

Hes scared of competition, thats all there is to it, and by knowing that im fine with him not being here

zebradynasty

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 19, 2017, 04:46:29 pm
Dont really care if you believe it honestly..

Right just post a lie and it's OK! Honestly....

zebradynasty

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 19, 2017, 04:47:15 pm
Hes scared of competition, thats all there is to it, and by knowing that im fine with him not being here

Another speculation YOU decided as factual.

Sivad

Between his "hat fake" to the Hogs and his demanding he be the only QB in the class - let him drift into utter oblivion in beautiful Waco, TX.

sickboy

I'm not just saying this because he chose Baylor. You can go back and see where I said this as early as last year, but that kid's throwing motion is going to take some serious work. I don't see the quick release some were touting last week. He's as athletic as can be, but the guy is going to have to work really hard to become a throwing QB.

I think Gunnell is a better future prospect and if there's a QB everyone should be fawning over it's him.

BroyledNutts

Who else has Gunnell been offered by .... that's what we should concern ourselves with.

daprospecta

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 19, 2017, 03:33:43 pm
Not code words.  He wasn't being promised he would stay at qb.  Nothing coded about it.

Look at his other choices.  Not like he had his pick among elite programs.

Baylor's selling points to him:
Baptist - (they fail to act like it often with their athletic teams but they still use the facade)
RG III
Recent offense

It won't be discussed.  zebra is dancing around it some and a poster every now and then will say it, Arkansas has an image issue with some African Americans in state including qb's.  It's been since Grovey since an AA qb played consistently and well at Arkansas.  DMac in the Wildcat not counting. 

Our previous staff was honest with him on whether they would keep him at qb.  Obviously if he came in and wowed, I'm sure they would have.  But they weren't going to promise him.  And if they had and had stayed and it didn't work out at qb, see the paragraph above for the "message" some would take from it.  I'm good with a staff being honest with recruits especially in state. 
It was definitely a thing when I was on the hill.  Everyone knew T.J. was a good qb. He had a rocket arm but Matt Jones was the heir apparent. I love the hogs but if I have a son playing QB, he isn't going to Arkansas.  Any other position, he's a hog but not QB.

GuvHog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on December 19, 2017, 04:52:38 pm
Who else has Gunnell been offered by .... that's what we should concern ourselves with.

He was committed to A&M but when Arkansas hired Morris, he backed off of that commitment and re-opened his recruiting.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

onebadrubi

Quote from: daprospecta on December 19, 2017, 04:55:06 pm
It was definitely a thing when I was on the hill.  Everyone knew T.J. was a good qb. He had a rocket arm but Matt Jones was the heir apparent. I love the hogs but if I have a son playing QB, he isn't going to Arkansas.  Any other position, he's a hog but not QB.

Funny thing, QB hasn't been an issue for us in a decade. 

BroyledNutts

Quote from: GuvHog on December 19, 2017, 04:56:00 pm
He was committed to A&M but when Arkansas hired Morris, he backed off of that commitment and re-opened his recruiting.

So he's currently open to suggestions ...

WooPig90

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 19, 2017, 04:49:56 pm
Another speculation YOU decided as factual.

Nope, i know from a pretty good source so its pretty close to a fact

King Kong

Quote from: BroyledNutts on December 19, 2017, 04:52:38 pm

Absolutely everyone

pigture perfect

I would like to have had him. He was a great piece to this puzzle. Our staff was just behind in time of recruiting. No hard feelings. We will develop any QB that come here so I'm not worried about it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

BroyledNutts

Quote from: King Kong on December 19, 2017, 05:11:22 pm
Absolutely everyone

If he's been offered by the heavies around us Morris will have his work cut out for him ... I feel his decommittment from A&M was more about their coaching change than an increased interest in Arkansas.

If the rumors that Arkansas is now #4 on his list have merit, who are the 3 above us?

lg1989

I hope the best for the young man, but the only way he's suiting up for Baylor is at receiver. He'll be catching passes from Charlie Brewer, for the next 3 years. Charlie led Lake Travis High School to the Texas State Championship in 2016 and he won Big 12 Offensive Freshman of Year in 2017.

King Kong

Quote from: BroyledNutts on December 19, 2017, 05:20:14 pm
If he's been offered by the heavies around us Morris will have his work cut out for him ... I feel his decommittment from A&M was more about their coaching change than an increased interest in Arkansas.

If the rumors that Arkansas is now #4 on his list have merit, who are the 3 above us?

Technically hasn't decommited from A&M and Jimbo was after him hard at FSU