Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norvell

Started by Sigepgator702, December 03, 2017, 07:00:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 03, 2017, 07:18:50 pm
Hope he can recruit and play defense.
hell yeah he can. 20% better scoring defense than the Hogs played, #2 in the nation in takeaways, top ten in scoring margin, and top ten in special teams.
Oh, and the #2 offense.

OUT of 130+ teams!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on December 03, 2017, 07:17:23 pm
They may have been told not to.

Instead they are tweeting asking when they will get a coach?

No. They haven't been told anything and wouldn't keep a secret even if they were told to. Our administration would be dumb to tell the players and not put out a release

Guv, you're guilty again of believing something without applying logic.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Sugar Free Hog

Razorbacks-Grizzlies-Titans-Red Sox

WorfHog

Quote from: myriad_rocker on December 03, 2017, 07:16:33 pm
Can you be a GOAT and be #2?

Maybe the #1 is some wartime record that will never be broken?

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on December 03, 2017, 07:21:16 pm

Instead they are tweeting asking when they will get a coach?

No. They haven't been told anything and wouldn't keep a secret even if they were told to. Our administration would be dumb to tell the players and not put out a release

Guv, you're guilty again of believing something without applying logic.

Hey, I was right all along about Gus. Don't knock it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Paul

yes...if that's your jersey number

Pig in the Pokey

#1 in total yards isnt the guy who is #1 in total catches? Idk, the UCA guys love dude.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on December 03, 2017, 07:22:52 pm
Hey, I was right all along about Gus. Don't knock it.

Lol. Ok.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Sigepgator702

He coaches at Pulaski Robinson.  He said this has been ongoing for about a week.  I'm not stating this as fact; I'm just passing along information.  He's not one to make things up just for dramas sake. 

BILLYBOB

If we hire Norvell, I'll certainly pull for him. But i have a feeling, in 3-4 years, we're going to be right back in the exact same spot we are now.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

hawginbigd1

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 03, 2017, 07:16:04 pm
Lol. Buddy who knows a high school coach. Yeah, when a head coach at a div 1 school changes jobs, the high school coaches are told before anyone else. Hahahahahaha.
Let me see if I can help you here

Kid is born
He plays football in High School
They interact with these people called High School coaches
Some get scholarships to play at the UofA and others walk on
During this time some don't lose the coaches number who helped them along the way
They may just talk to them from time to time about things of interest

I know it sounds somewhat fantastical but it could happen

wildhogman

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 03, 2017, 07:16:04 pm
Lol. Buddy who knows a high school coach. Yeah, when a head coach at a div 1 school changes jobs, the high school coaches are told before anyone else. Hahahahahaha.
If Norvel is our HC, don't you think he would be telling any of his current commits to memphis that he wanted to bring with him about it?  I ampretty sure their coaches would know.  But hey, don't let common sense get in the way of your, whatever it is you do besides doom and gloom.

rhames

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on December 03, 2017, 07:24:24 pm
He coaches at Pulaski Robinson.  He said this has been ongoing for about a week.  I'm not stating this as fact; I'm just passing along information.  He's not one to make things up just for dramas sake. 

I'm sure someone he trusts told him it's Norvell. It may be. It isn't done yet though. And they haven't been sitting on it for a week. The players haven't been sitting on it for a week

Do you really believe 105, 18-23 year olds have been sitting on info the whole state is wanting for a week?

rickm1976

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on December 03, 2017, 07:06:33 pm
Well, every high school coach should definitely be in the know.

Speaking from first hand knowledge, you'd be surprised how much of a network HS coaches develop even in a short time with themselves and all of their former colleagues who have moved on from place to place and back and forth in HS/College.  If one of them says he has inside information through a fellow coach at University "X", it may very well be true.

rhames

Quote from: wildhogman on December 03, 2017, 07:26:24 pm
If Norvel is our HC, don't you think he would be telling any of his current commits to memphis that he wanted to bring with him about it?  I ampretty sure their coaches would know.  But hey, don't let common sense get in the way of your, whatever it is you do besides doom and gloom.

No. He wouldn't because those people would tell everyone.

Sigepgator702

He also stated that many high school coaches here do not like Gus at ALL!

JONAS

Quote from: rhames on December 03, 2017, 07:27:40 pm

No. He wouldn't because those people would tell everyone.

Yep.  He would not tell them.

jgcat4

Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 03, 2017, 07:20:47 pm
hell yeah he can. 20% better scoring defense than the Hogs played, #2 in the nation in takeaways, top ten in scoring margin, and top ten in special teams.
Oh, and the #2 offense.

OUT of 130+ teams!
In the AAC. It won't be anything resembling that at Arkansas in the SEC West. Here is Memphis' schedule this year:

La-Monroe
UCLA
Southern Il
UCF
Connecticut
Navy
Houston
Tulane
Tulsa
SMU
East Carolina
and UCF again

Best team they played by far is UCF. Go check UCF's schedule. They beat nobody in going 12-0. But they beat Memphis twice. Other than UCF, only 3 others on the schedule had winning records: SMU, Houston and Navy (maybe, if they beat Army this weekend). So whatever Memphis' stats are this year, they did it versus a weaker than Arkansas has played EVER. Put this Memphis team in the SEC and they would not have averaged 20 points per game.

You boys have no idea what you are looking at.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HF#1

There is no way you can tell a player and keep it quiet. I have yet to see any player tweet anything about a new coach.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

JONAS

imtad16

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on December 03, 2017, 07:24:24 pm

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 03, 2017, 07:25:29 pm
Let me see if I can help you here

Kid is born
He plays football in High School
They interact with these people called High School coaches
Some get scholarships to play at the UofA and others walk on
During this time some don't lose the coaches number who helped them along the way
They may just talk to them from time to time about things of interest

I know it sounds somewhat fantastical but it could happen

Pulaski Robinson is Joe T. Robinson High School right?

If so, we have 3 players on the roster from Robinson. TJ Hammonds, Koilan Jackson, and David Porter.

So, he does probably get some info.

Pig in the Pokey

@HiM-

you act like he'd have the same assistants and same 2-3*s at Fayetteville that he had at Memphis.

Your posts are like your politicians you love so much- a bunch of false equivalencies and disingenuous nonsense.

he went 10-1 regular season against teams with equal talent.
In the SEC he will have to have close to equal talent or fail
right now he has a stacked with returning starters and 4* talent laden team waiting for him on the Hill.

This isnt 1980 anymore, old man.

johnny cash

Tonight just shows how stupid this university is. When u think of the hogs, play the Beverly hillbilly theme song.

Roll Tide!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: johnny cash on December 03, 2017, 07:35:03 pm
Tonight just shows how stupid this university is. When u think of the hogs, play the Beverly hillbilly theme song.

Roll Tide!
I cannot disagree.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Matt Burks

Quote from: rhames on December 03, 2017, 07:15:59 pm
If our players knew, wouldn't they be tweeting about it?

They did in response to an article on Twitter. When was that? Monday, Tuesday? I don't remember

rhames

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 03, 2017, 07:14:25 pm
FWIW Ive had a few coaches and a few media types PM me saying It was gonna be Norvell.

See this is where it's hard for me to not call you out for being FOS

You're saying media people know it's a done deal, but they aren't reporting it? Instead they are sending PMs to some rando on hogville?

LOL

rhames

Quote from: Matt Burks on December 03, 2017, 07:36:41 pm
They did in response to an article on Twitter. When was that? Monday, Tuesday? I don't remember

Some of them said they would be excited for norvell

After the Gus news broke today, Ryan Pully asked when we were getting a coach.

They know less than we do.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rhames on December 03, 2017, 07:37:38 pm

See this is where it's hard for me to not call you out for being FOS

You're saying media people know it's a done deal, but they aren't reporting it? Instead they are sending PMs to some rando on hogville?

LOL
believe whatever you wanna, hoss.

And i said media types for a reason. Not Wally or Bo.

i cant wait to see if one of them sees your post and hammers your ass.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rhames on December 03, 2017, 07:38:54 pm

Some of them said they would be excited for norvell

After the Gus news broke today, Ryan Pully asked when we were getting a coach.

They know less than we do.
and some have known all week and had to delete tweets.

You think you know everything, but you really dont know darn.

HoggyCat

You see that doormat to the SEC-W?

Lift ups corner and you'll see Arkansas if true.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

nwahogs

Roll Tide!

Idiots out tonight I see

Tim Harris

JONAS

Quote from: HoggyCat on December 03, 2017, 07:40:12 pm
You see that doormat to the SEC-W?

Lift ups corner and you'll see Arkansas if true.

You have no idea unless you have a crystal ball.  If you do, tell me who is going to win the Super Bowl.  I want to place a bet.

JONAS

Arkansas Fan

I'm ready to get a coach. I'm tired of waiting.

Rayzback

Quote from: JONAS on December 03, 2017, 07:07:38 pm
No.  I live in Hernando, MS.

My Dad lives on Arkabutla.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

RedRock

Norvell needs to stop by Earle and get Gerry Bohanan on his way to the Fay. That would be an awesome duo.

rhames

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 03, 2017, 07:39:53 pm
and some have known all week and had to delete tweets.

You think you know everything, but you really dont know darn.

Hahaha. You don't know anymore than I do

So some players know, but not all?? Right.

rhames

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 03, 2017, 07:39:06 pm
believe whatever you wanna, hoss.

And i said media types for a reason. Not Wally or Bo.

i cant wait to see if one of them sees your post and hammers your ass.

Oh yeah. In a world where the media is more concerned with being first than being right it makes perfect sense for them to PM pig in the pokey on hogville when they know that Norvell to arkansas is a done deal

JONAS

fdx flyer

Quote from: JONAS on December 03, 2017, 07:32:45 pm
We like it here.  Good schools. 

Small world!  I live in Hernando too.  Been here for 12 years.  Both kids went to school here and are now at Ole Miss.

JONAS

Quote from: RedRock on December 03, 2017, 07:47:08 pm
Norvell needs to stop by Earle and get Gerry Bohanan on his way to the Fay. That would be an awesome duo.

Yes.  We need him.

Hawgzinbowlz

Roll Tide!

Bog it where the sun don't shine.

" GO HOGS "

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RedRock on December 03, 2017, 07:47:08 pm
one of the coaches that messaged me knows bohanon really well and said that is EXACTLY what will happen. We get Norvell and Bohannon. ill predict that, too.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rhames on December 03, 2017, 07:49:02 pm

Oh yeah. In a world where the media is more concerned with being first than being right it makes perfect sense for them to PM pig in the pokey on hogville when they know that Norvell to arkansas is a done deal

casken

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on December 03, 2017, 07:00:59 pm
My buddy who is a coach in high school just texted me that Norvell will be our new head coach.  He said the 🐗 players are already pumped and talking about it!  Hope this is reliable!

That would be great!
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard