Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fox-Washington St-Washington Mention

Started by soooieman, November 25, 2017, 10:11:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

soooieman

Commentator said on the broadcast that his contacts told him that "very influential boosters at Arkansas are after Mike Leach"
Take it for what it's worth. These guys are west coast announcers I believe.

The Hogfather

Oliver

Kenny Hawgins

Great.  Five years of steve the pirate.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

checkraiser88

Is Sexton Leach's agent as well? This guy is a god! On the A&M game they were talking about the possibility of Jimbo Fisher going to Auburn if Gus leaves and I believe Sexton is his agent as well

soooieman

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 25, 2017, 10:12:41 pm
I hope not
He would be much better than our other options. He's won more games in the PAC 10 over the past 3 years than any other program..Pullman Washington!!!
If he can recruit and win at Pullman and Lubbock imagine what he could do with his Texas ties in Fayetteville. Nobody does more with less. That's why he's perfect for the job.

soooieman

PigInTheHole

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 25, 2017, 10:15:19 pm
Is Sexton Leach's agent as well? This guy is a god! On the A&M game they were talking about the possibility of Jimbo Fisher going to Auburn if Gus leaves and I believe Sexton is his agent as well

No
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

soooieman

Might want to look at a career or the past 3 years instead of, you know, the past 3 hours.

DenaoStyle

I think Wazzu's performance is an indicator Leach may have accepted a HC position elsewhere.  I'm not saying it's us...Tennessee seems to be after him as well. 

I remember Sumlin blowing the CUSA game against Southern Miss before announcing his acceptance of the Aggie job.  Franchione put on a similar performance in the Iron Bowl before taking the A&M job.  It happens every year.

soooieman

Quote from: DenaoStyle on November 25, 2017, 10:17:19 pm
I think Wazzu's performance is an indicator Leach may have accepted a HC position elsewhere.  I'm not saying it's us...Tennessee seems to be after him as well. 

I remember Sumlin blowing the CUSA game against Southern Miss before announcing his acceptance of the Aggie job.  Franchione put on a similar performance in the Iron Bowl before taking the A&M job.  It happens every year.
I agree 100%

Hawghiggs

Let's roll the dice and see what he can do.

King Kong

soooieman

He would be hilarious and is very blunt. When his team gets beat he calls it like it is. No sugarcoat. I'm not sure how our media would take him, but with his style and relationships in Texas that would be enough for me. Anybody that can recruit Michael Crabtree to Lubbock is good. Also, on a silly note.. I tweeted him last week that razorback fans wanted him and he "liked it" I thought it was odd that he responded. Most famous people just ignore. Thought it was curious that he mentioned razorback fans as being the loudest then responded to one on a social forum. Could all be coincidence, but you never know.

Hoggie17

Washington State is down 41-14 4th quarter, maybe this will stop the Leach talk.

checkraiser88

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 25, 2017, 10:25:29 pm
Washington State is down 41-14 4th quarter, maybe this will stop the Leach talk.

This is like saying a chick isn't hot because she had one bad hair day

Razorback de Nosferatu

Before Bret came here, he was last seen blitzing the heck out of Nebraska. Did that mean anything?

MikePiazza

A buddy of mine swears he saw Leach on campus last Friday during Wazzu's bye. Leach isn't exactly eye-catching and he could've easily blended in with regulars on campus.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

DenaoStyle

Quote from: soooieman on November 25, 2017, 10:25:07 pm
He would be hilarious and is very blunt. When his team gets beat he calls it like it is. No sugarcoat. I'm not sure how our media would take him, but with his style and relationships in Texas that would be enough for me. Anybody that can recruit Michael Crabtree to Lubbock is good. Also, on a silly note.. I tweeted him last week that razorback fans wanted him and he "liked it" I thought it was odd that he responded. Most famous people just ignore. Thought it was curious that he mentioned razorback fans as being the loudest then responded to one on a social forum. Could all be coincidence, but you never know.

I think Leach would take the job if offered.  Just up to the people making the decision. 

Given what's on the table, he's our best option.  I'd be interested to see what Leach could do at a program with the resources Arkansas possesses.  He's a genius.  Look at the influence he's had on CFB.  I think he'd be every bit as successful as Petrino at Arkansas.

soooieman

Yes. I said the same thing after Saban lost to La Monroe. No way he wins at Alabama. Sarcasm off

DenaoStyle

Norvell got blasted by UCF 40-13

checkraiser88

Quote from: MikePiazza on November 25, 2017, 10:27:40 pm
A buddy of mine swears he saw Leach on campus last Friday during Wazzu's bye. Leach isn't exactly eye-catching and he could've easily blended in with regulars on campus.

Does the dude not have a smart phone capable of taking a picture?

soooieman

I'm sorry. I should have given you the benefit of the doubt.  I'm sure you were being sarcastic and not serious about judging on 1 game. My bad.

Arkansas Fan

Well it certainly doesn't look good that he's getting destroyed by his school's rival.

soooieman

Quote from: DenaoStyle on November 25, 2017, 10:28:08 pm
I think Leach would take the job if offered.  Just up to the people making the decision. 

Given what's on the table, he's our best option.  I'd be interested to see what Leach could do at a program with the resources Arkansas possesses.  He's a genius.  Look at the influence he's had on CFB.  I think he'd be every bit as successful as Petrino at Arkansas.
Absolutely no doubt. Imagine him with Kelley and those young WR's in a few years. Scary.

soooieman

I hope it was him. We would never be out of any game. Best record in the PAC 12 over the past 3 years at that school is impressive

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 25, 2017, 10:31:02 pm
Well it certainly doesn't look good that he's getting destroyed by his school's rival.

At least we wouldn't have to wait on a conf CG now. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Matt Burks

Quote from: soooieman on November 25, 2017, 10:29:31 pm
I'm sorry. I should have given you the benefit of the doubt.  I'm sure you were being sarcastic and not serious about judging on 1 game. My bad.
What about his loss to Cal a few weeks ago where his team only scored 3 points?

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: soooieman on November 25, 2017, 10:33:41 pm
I hope it was him. We would never be out of any game. Best record in the PAC 12 over the past 3 years at that school is impressive

Washington is blowing him out. Arkansas would for sure still get blown out with him as our coach

Brass Knob

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 25, 2017, 10:35:13 pm

Go look at Washington State's history and go look at prior recruiting classes. Leach can flat out coach. He would be a great get for Arkansas.

Atlhogfan1

Leach is a smart man.  I think he tweaks what he does if he gets a job like Ark or Tenn.  You will see more running the ball. He'll make sure his D isn't worn out by his offense not giving them any rest. He wants a shot.  At his age this is his window for it.  I get the concerns though. Just take into account his resume is from TT and Wazzu wastelands. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

MC_Hog

Ironhawg

DenaoStyle

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 25, 2017, 10:37:45 pm
Leach is a smart man.  I think he tweaks what he does if he gets a job like Ark or Tenn.  You will see more running the ball. He'll make sure his D isn't worn out by his offense not giving them any rest. He wants a shot.  At his age this is his window for it.  I get the concerns though. Just take into account his resume is from TT and Wazzu wastelands. 

Yea and at this point there isn't a coach within our reach without a concern.  If we miss on the hire, we're looking at another five years of sub par football.  Look what two consecutive misses did to Tennessee.  They went from a Top 5-Top 10 job to some mediocre position.  Mike Leach would, at the very least average 8-9 wins during his tenure at Arkansas.

Quote from: soooieman on November 25, 2017, 10:15:30 pm
He would be much better than our other options. He's won more games in the PAC 10 over the past 3 years than any other program..Pullman Washington!!!
If he can recruit and win at Pullman and Lubbock imagine what he could do with his Texas ties in Fayetteville. Nobody does more with less. That's why he's perfect for the job.
He's won 26 games the last 3 years. Washington has won 29.

snf6278

What about the wins over USC and Stanford. It goes both ways.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Karma on November 25, 2017, 10:41:32 pm

26 in Pullman is really good though.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: snf6278 on November 25, 2017, 10:42:19 pm
What about the wins over USC and Stanford. It goes both ways.

So he would beat LSU but lose to Missouri, if he were here.

Ware

Leach looks a lot like Mike Richardson (UA Turfgrass Science)

checkraiser88

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 25, 2017, 10:43:44 pm
So he would beat LSU but lose to Missouri, if he were here.

Better than losing to both?

soooieman

Quote from: Karma on November 25, 2017, 10:41:32 pm
You need to tell the PR department that ran that commercial for attending WSU. You must really keep up with PAC 12 for finding that. Or really wanted to do research. Either way 26 wins at Pullman is a miracle

Arkansas Fan

Paul

Quote from: DenaoStyle on November 25, 2017, 10:40:53 pm
Yea and at this point there isn't a coach within our reach without a concern.  If we miss on the hire, we're looking at another five years of sub par football.  Look what two consecutive misses did to Tennessee.  They went from a Top 5-Top 10 job to some mediocre position.  Mike Leach would, at the very least average 8-9 wins during his tenure at Arkansas.
Exactly how do u figure he'd avg 8-9 wins/yr in the SECW?

PigInTheHole

12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

The Boar War

Quote from: Ware on November 25, 2017, 10:44:15 pm
Leach looks a lot like Mike Richardson (UA Turfgrass Science)

That's eerie.

soooieman

I don't judge any coach off 1 or 2 games. I hope u are being sarcastic as well. Saban lost to ULM and gave up 300 yards rushing to Georgia Southern. Let's be smart and not cherry pick a few bad games. Every coach has them. Hell, look st Ohio St giving up 900 points to Iowa...

DenaoStyle

Quote from: Paul on November 25, 2017, 10:48:30 pm
Exactly how do u figure he'd avg 8-9 wins/yr in the SECW?

Four OOC games...say he'd average 3.5 OOC wins a year.  Mizzou and another East opponent every year...say that's 1.5 a year.  That's five.  Ole Miss, Miss St and TAMU...say that's 2.5 a year...that brings it up to 7.5.  Between Bama and Auburn...say that's 1 a year...that gets you to 8.5

soooieman

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 25, 2017, 10:46:57 pm
It's very HDN like.
Lol! We get it. U don't like him, but he is NOTHING like HDN. Don't be silly.