Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hire Lane Kiffin - he has Arkansas Coaching Trees from more than one direction

Started by Rudy Baylor, November 18, 2017, 08:32:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jrulz83

Good article on Kiffin:

Quote"It's fourth-and-2, but do we take knees here? No, we have a no-knee mentality. ... So, yes, it's the last play of the game, but run their ass over. Finish them. Knock their ass out."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21493936/florida-atlantic-coach-lane-kiffin-having-fun-now-winning
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Dominicanhog

Rudy Baylor

if we hire a coach that ends up using us as a "stepping stone", that will mean we won big while he was here

sign him up

Justifiable Hogicide

I really hope they give Lane Kiffin a serious look.
He has the qualities we badly need at this time.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: PigInTheHole on November 19, 2017, 09:59:36 pm
He's 42 and might be turning the corner, I wouldn't write him off yet

Better Play Caller than Enos..for sure.

isavedjazz

Kiffin, Gus, Norvell. I'm down for whoever.

Only one direction to go from rock bottom. UP!
Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

PigInTheHole

Quote from: isavedjazz on November 22, 2017, 11:19:01 pm
Kiffin, Gus, Norvell. I'm down for whoever.

Only one direction to go from rock bottom. UP!

agree.  Kiffin Leach Norvell

can't wait let's do it
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 22, 2017, 07:52:14 am
You left out the part that he took over a dumpster fire at USC where everyone's golden boy Pete Carroll had USC knee deep in NCAA violations with the Reggie Bush Scandal and had lost scholarships and had multiple rule infractions.

And calling out Florida for cheating at a press conference? I love it! - Because they were. I want a HC with some major cojones - not someone that cries at every press conference.

I think you are confusing a coach having guts with something else that is far more negative. There is a change afoot with regard to our attitude in the athletic program. How much of a change will it be? We will see. I'll be disappointed if the GOBN wants to plug in the likes of Kiffin.
Go Hogs Go!

jrulz83

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 23, 2017, 06:41:26 am
I think you are confusing a coach having guts with something else that is far more negative. There is a change afoot with regard to our attitude in the athletic program. How much of a change will it be? We will see. I'll be disappointed if the GOBN wants to plug in the likes of Kiffin.

I think I would be thrilled with Kiffin. I get it, he's polarizing. He's made some dumb decisions. I understand why people feel like they do about him. I'm not going to defend the mistakes he made. 

Is there a possibility he leaves within a couple years? Yeah, but how did the last coach that stayed here a decade pan out?

I like what Kiffin brings to the table. I like the Twitter trolling, it's what people do nowadays. I like the arrogance, I like the "no knee mentality." We need an arrogance and swagger, we're beat down. The fans need a victory, even if it's a pointless Twitter win. 

I'm not trolling, it's what I truly think. I could be completely, hoplessly, hilariously wrong, but I think Kiffin is the right hire. It won't happen though.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: jrulz83 on November 23, 2017, 07:29:32 am
I could be completely, hoplessly, hilariously wrong, but I think Kiffin is the right hire. It won't happen though.

He's my choice but he won't get it, and I understand it would be a gamble.. I like Schiano, Neal Brown, Leach and would be OK with Norvell but he doesn't have enough experience, imo...

Don't want Gundy, Gus or Miles.. would take any of the not coming crowd, Petrino, Pattterson, Campbell, Saban, Meyer etc...

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

TheEnemy

Freebrd

Lane would be a good choice.  He can relate to recruits.  Evidently pretty good play caller because when he had moved on and sarkisian was alabama's play caller in the national championship, alabama lost.

stronguard

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.