Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cam Newton interview on Arkansas, Gus, the SEC race, Heismen...

Started by 56Hog, October 11, 2010, 12:10:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

56Hog

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

sickboy

That throw he had to Burns was ridiculous. I don't know if it was luck or not...but that was crazy.

alohawg

Everything he said about Arkansas is over in the first minute.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Tripod1

Anybody doubts this guys ability to be a game changer is just too much of a homer.  He will be a handful to contain.

labb

I think that you bow up and stop the run and make him beat you throwing the ball. Don't think he can do it.

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Hoggish1

Quote from: Kilgor on October 11, 2010, 08:38:40 am
He comes across as having a low I.Q.

Not to me.  He gave a well thought out interview.  Doesn't mean we won't be in his face, though...

SoonerSooie

Quote from: Tripod1 on October 11, 2010, 08:20:53 am
Anybody doubts this guys ability to be a game changer is just too much of a homer.  He will be a handful to contain.

This is what I have been saying for a good while. This guy is a "playa!" Reminds me a lot of Matt Jones with his escapability. May not be as fast, but the dude is impressive, and can inflict major damage on us. I stated in another post that I am hoping Willy Rob. has Leon or someone shadowing "the Fig" hitting him (legally of course) on every single play. We have to rattle him.

Coach Obvious

Quote from: labb on October 11, 2010, 08:32:02 am
I think that you bow up and stop the run and make him beat you throwing the ball. Don't think he can do it.

I agree. Stop the run, make him beat us through the air.

I'll take our #3 in the nation air attack over their #91 pass defense any day.

Stop Newton from running, and we win.

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

That guy has the largest head for the littlest ears I've ever seen. Comes off as a good leader and unselfish player.

Hogman2

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on October 11, 2010, 01:04:20 am
That throw he had to Burns was ridiculous. I don't know if it was luck or not...but that was crazy.
PURE LUCK!

housecat

Reservoir Hogs

Does he have the smallest set of ears you have ever seen on a head that big, or is that just me?

Hogman2

We need to hit Cam Newton early and often and keep him bottled up by removing his opportunity to run the football! WE better make him beat us in the passing game and stop his long runs! Containment by our defense is vital in stopping Newton!  Our defense will need to step it up again because running QBs can hurt us! Go Hogs!  BEat Auburn!

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: razrhog05 on October 11, 2010, 09:30:46 am
Does he have the smallest set of ears you have ever seen on a head that big, or is that just me?

Already been posted but yeah your both right looks like a hippo! ;D

I keep waiting for him to flick his ears around like a hippo does when a fly lands on their ear. If that happend I would completely lose my sheet I'd be laughing so hard!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

SquidBilly

In all of the Auburn games I've seen this year I've not see Newton really get hit.  If we want to win this game we need to hit him and hit him hard.  Then we'll see how he's able to react after that.

arkhomer

Quote from: RazorTusk14 on October 11, 2010, 09:18:37 am
I agree. Stop the run, make him beat us through the air.

I'll take our #3 in the nation air attack over their #91 pass defense any day.

Stop Newton from running, and we win.

haha, sounds so easy... You seen this guy play? No matter how many defenders he has around him, grabbing him, he somehow elusively finds a way to break for 8-10- 12 yards each scramble. 

Im extremely worried about this guy, this team

hogcoots

Our defensive front must apply pressure in a very disciplined manner.  Our DE's cannot allow their tackles to block us wide and then try to get to Newton from behind him.  The pressure must stay in front of him to take away his running lanes.  On the spread option read, we must again be disciplined and never allow our ends and OLB's to play the inside back.  They must stay with Newton.  Also, Auburn likes the spread receiver sweep.  DE's and OLB's must not overpursue and get sucked inside.  If Auburn can beat us by riding Newton's arm, then they deserve the win.  I don't think that they can score with the passing game in the same manner that the Hogs can.  If our defense can play with disciplined agression, we can win this game.  I think that it will be difficult to completely stop Newton.  He is good for at least one big run and throw a game.  But we cannot allow him to rip off 10-20 yard scrambling runs consistently.