Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zenyatta's half sister makes debut friday

Started by songofthesword, November 11, 2012, 11:04:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

songofthesword

HogFanInBryant

no way she is worth taking low odds going over a mile 1st time out........could be a race to try and make some $ on

songofthesword

well she's 4 to 1 that's not bad.

i don't like the fact that mike smith isn't riding but i think he's out with an injury or something. corey notajockei is riding

cbhawg03

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on November 14, 2012, 09:29:03 pm
no way she is worth taking low odds going over a mile 1st time out........could be a race to try and make some $ on

She sure looked worth the 7/5 that she went off at.

Maybe not worth taking 7/5, but looked very good. Z won by more in her maiden victory and at a shorter distance, but E looked very good winning.

songofthesword

yeah.. she might be pretty good lol

she reminds me more of balance than she does Z though. but darn balance was the Favorite in the kentucky oaks that's not a bad thing. balance is Z's older sister.

songofthesword

the most interesting thing about her isn't even that she's Z's half sister

she's reigstered as a black filly.  that is extremely, extremely rare. even horses who were jet black like devils his due are not registered black.   it's hard to get the black registry.

SixtySecondsOfPitino

Quote from: songofthesword on November 19, 2012, 10:22:49 am
the most interesting thing about her isn't even that she's Z's half sister

she's reigstered as a black filly.  that is extremely, extremely rare. even horses who were jet black like devils his due are not registered black.   it's hard to get the black registry.

I don't know if it means anything, but Equibase is showing her as dark bay.  I think I've read somewhere that about 1% of Tbreds are black, but I've never seen one identified in a horse profile as anything other than dark bay/brown. 

songofthesword

yeah i was wrong i was looking it up on this site. she's black though.

SixtySecondsOfPitino

Quote from: songofthesword on November 22, 2012, 10:50:40 pm
yeah i was wrong i was looking it up on this site. she's black though.

Oh, she looks awfully black to me too.  Have you ever seen one displayed in a horse profile as one though?  I've thought about dabbling in OTTB's, and I have never came across one while researching.

cbhawg03

She will face winners tomorrow for the first time

Rendezvous Cook

songofthesword

she had a (very) superficial cut ... too vauable to risk anything and scratched.

i would presume she will be on the opening day santa anita card in 10 days