Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Massey Ratings Preseason Rankings

Started by widespreadsooie, August 22, 2016, 03:40:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

widespreadsooie

Massey Ratings is reputable rating system that has the Razorbacks ranked 6th in their preseason poll:

http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fbs/ratings

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 22, 2016, 03:40:54 pm
Massey Ratings is reputable rating system that has the Razorbacks ranked 6th in their preseason poll:

Check out the prediction tab. He has us going 10-2 with losses to Alabama and Ole Miss. If that is true (the 10-2), we will lose to another team, not to Ole Miss.
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

We beat them a third year in a row, the Feds will have to send in FEMA with 10 bus loads of butt hurt counsellors. They might want to stop by Kevin's house first.
This is my non-signature signature.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 22, 2016, 03:40:54 pm

This is how pre-season prognosticators had us predicted to finish last season in the SEC West compared to actual results. It might also be noted that Massey had us ranked #17 in their pre-season national rankings for 2015. How accurate were pre-season predictions in 2015? See below.

Predicted          Actual          Error
S.I.                    4                    3               -1
Massey               4                    3               -1
Athlon                5                    3               -2
Steele                5                    3               -2
CBS-Dodd           5                    3               -2
Lindy's                5                    3               -2
ESPN                  5                    3               -2
USA Today          7                    3               -5
Go Hogs Go!

sigpooie

Here's to Massey. I have been following him since the he started the comp ratings. It's hard to argue with a poll that averages all of the computer ranks. His poll usually follows that measure. Some of the polls he allows in the avg are run by jackasses that put there personal touch on their ranks (ie Billingsly, he's a OK fan that grew up in Ark. and gives us a choke rating that OK deserves ), but for the most part they are a pretty good look from different sat angles.
He's also good in basketball, but the best in that is Kenpom, who I hope Mike is now using.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: sigpooie on August 23, 2016, 06:36:42 am
Here's to Massey. I have been following him since the he started the comp ratings. It's hard to argue with a poll that averages all of the computer ranks. His poll usually follows that measure. Some of the polls he allows in the avg are run by jackasses that put there personal touch on their ranks (ie Billingsly, he's a OK fan that grew up in Ark. and gives us a choke rating that OK deserves ), but for the most part they are a pretty good look from different sat angles.
He's also good in basketball, but the best in that is Kenpom, who I hope Mike is now using.

Massey was pretty accurate last year and as far as his #17 projection for us last year went, I think we ended up playing like a top 20 team towards the end of the season. We just can't allow ourselves to have a slow start this season. Just think about where we would have been with 3 wins following the UTEP game last year. How would have being 5-0 prior to playing Alabama have effected the rest of our season last year? 10-2 as a minimum.
Go Hogs Go!