Previous topic - Next topic

hogz11

Trey Biddy just gave this as his projected offensive line depth chart:

LT- Dan Skipper (Solid)
LG- Hjitae Froholdt (Solid)
C- Frank Ragnow (Solid)
RG- Jake Raulerson (Iffy)
RT- Jalen Merrick (Iffy)

Brian Wallace, Zach Rogers, and Colton Jackson look to be 2nd team for the time being.

I've heard this has been the most consistent first team. Anyone have better info to correct me?

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

FANONTHEHILL

We will know a lot more about the right side after tomorrow's scrimmage.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Bacon_Bitz

I imagine Coach B and Mr. Kurt will defer to Trey's judgment.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

younghog

Live reports stated C. Jackson started at Tackle.. --His to lose

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

PonderinHog

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Deep Shoat

Quote from: younghog on August 20, 2016, 04:43:49 pm
Live reports stated C. Jackson started at Tackle.. --His to lose

GO HOGS
Right Tackle, for the record.

I expect the OL to be Skipper, Froholdt, Ragnow, Raulerson, Jackson from here on out.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

a0ashle

Man, it can't be said enough how amazing it is the Froholdt switches to Oline and immediately becomes an anchor there. I can't wait to see him plow some OLB/CB on those guard pull plays!

WPS!

hogoffate

Skipper scares me at left tackle.  He seems to get beat off the edge and a lot teams place their speed rusher to that side.  I'm guessing our back will help him or we slide the entire protection to the left.  I think his run blocking is fine.  Just worried about him being on an island with a speed rusher.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hogoffate on August 20, 2016, 08:13:25 pm
Skipper scares me at left tackle.  He seems to get beat off the edge and a lot teams place their speed rusher to that side.  I'm guessing our back will help him or we slide the entire protection to the left.  I think his run blocking is fine.  Just worried about him being on an island with a speed rusher.
Me too, but IMO it is not the speed that is the problem, it is the body lean with the speed that is the main problem for Mr. 6'10"

MuskogeeHogFan

And yet, neither Anderson or Bielema seem concerned about this. Not that they would outright say something, but everyone has come out and said that Skipper is playing at his highest level ever at Arkansas and they appear to have supreme confidence in his ability to get the job done, even according to his mates on the O-Line. Now we can think about 2 years ago or have faith in what the players and  staff are telling us.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawghiggs

I really thought that Wallace would be a starter by now.

hogcam

He did a pretty good job when he started at left tackle all season 2 years ago. I'm sure he's a better player now, so I don't see why everyone has concerns about him at left tackle. He should be one of the least concerning positions

Deep Shoat

The reason I'm not particularly concerned about Dan at LT this season is simple.  Kurt Anderson.

Under Pittman's system, guys like Dan did get beat often by speed rushers and bull rushers.  Why?  Terrible leverage and terrible use of the arms.  Defenders were easily able to get inside our OT's reach, because Pittman didn't really teach the use of reach.  And once they were inside, it was easy to get by.  Or through. 

Anderson is all about technique, using your reach, angles, and leverage.  You don't have to be fast or quick on your feet if you are 6'10" and use your reach to maintain leverage. 

Pittman taught our OL to be maulers only.  Anderson is teaching them to be technicians.
All Gas, No Brakes!

bennyl08

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 20, 2016, 08:25:44 pm
And yet, neither Anderson or Bielema seem concerned about this. Not that they would outright say something, but everyone has come out and said that Skipper is playing at his highest level ever at Arkansas and they appear to have supreme confidence in his ability to get the job done, even according to his mates on the O-Line. Now we can think about 2 years ago or have faith in what the players and  staff are telling us.

I think we can do both. We have two years of tape with him as a tackle, 1 season at left, and one at right. From there, we have strong evidence that he is one of the better tackles in the conference but has struggled with speed rushes.

Secondly, we know that coaches kept Colton Jackson rock steady at the LT position for virtually all spring, summer, and a good chunk of fall, only moving him one they started really experimenting with the group. Skipper similarly was consistent at RT. Coaches have recently decided that the best grouping is as listed, but there had to have been some reason that this switch wasn't made until now. If we go on the coaches know best (which we absolutely should) then we should recognize that coaches for the vast majority of this offseason didn't give Skipper a second thought at LT until very recently, so fans who feel the same aren't out of line if they have question marks.

Third: We know that coaches have spent a lot more time with players than we have, and coaches know best. Just like there's a reason they didn't even experiment with Skipper at LT until recently, this offseason, then one must also recognize that there is a reason why they decided the best combo has Skipper at LT.

We know two other things as well. First, players strongly have a tendency to improve from year to year. Even last year, his third year as a starter, his statistics as an OL player improved a fair amount from the first games to the last. Even though he still let speed rushers get past him as recently as last season, he will likely be better this next season than he has ever been. This leads into the second part, new position coach. While he'd be better this year than ever before almost regardless of coach, new coaches have a tendency to inspire new fire into players and get them to give even more effort even when they had been previously giving 100%. Pittman was no slouch of a coach, despite the jilted lover phenomena of hogville. However, Anderson is no slouch himself and every coach has different specialties. Skipper will grow in new areas he'd previously been weaker in just because Anderson is going to be better at different things than Pittman was. The same would be true if we had just lose Andserson after 3 years and signed Pittman.

So, overall, concern of Skipper being able to protect the qb from the types of rushers he is likely to face is grounded in reason and logic. However, thinking that weakness which is common among the vast majority of tackles in college makes him an overall risk at tackle is not a reasonable complaint. However, there is also ample reason that those real concerns of the past will be less of a problem in the future.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 21, 2016, 01:38:14 am
I think we can do both. We have two years of tape with him as a tackle, 1 season at left, and one at right. From there, we have strong evidence that he is one of the better tackles in the conference but has struggled with speed rushes.

Secondly, we know that coaches kept Colton Jackson rock steady at the LT position for virtually all spring, summer, and a good chunk of fall, only moving him one they started really experimenting with the group. Skipper similarly was consistent at RT. Coaches have recently decided that the best grouping is as listed, but there had to have been some reason that this switch wasn't made until now. If we go on the coaches know best (which we absolutely should) then we should recognize that coaches for the vast majority of this offseason didn't give Skipper a second thought at LT until very recently, so fans who feel the same aren't out of line if they have question marks.

Third: We know that coaches have spent a lot more time with players than we have, and coaches know best. Just like there's a reason they didn't even experiment with Skipper at LT until recently, this offseason, then one must also recognize that there is a reason why they decided the best combo has Skipper at LT.

We know two other things as well. First, players strongly have a tendency to improve from year to year. Even last year, his third year as a starter, his statistics as an OL player improved a fair amount from the first games to the last. Even though he still let speed rushers get past him as recently as last season, he will likely be better this next season than he has ever been. This leads into the second part, new position coach. While he'd be better this year than ever before almost regardless of coach, new coaches have a tendency to inspire new fire into players and get them to give even more effort even when they had been previously giving 100%. Pittman was no slouch of a coach, despite the jilted lover phenomena of hogville. However, Anderson is no slouch himself and every coach has different specialties. Skipper will grow in new areas he'd previously been weaker in just because Anderson is going to be better at different things than Pittman was. The same would be true if we had just lose Andserson after 3 years and signed Pittman.

So, overall, concern of Skipper being able to protect the qb from the types of rushers he is likely to face is grounded in reason and logic. However, thinking that weakness which is common among the vast majority of tackles in college makes him an overall risk at tackle is not a reasonable complaint. However, there is also ample reason that those real concerns of the past will be less of a problem in the future.

Agree with all of this.

The news on Anderson is he's a bit more of a tactician than Pittman, so I'm hoping our OL will improve in technique.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hogcam on August 20, 2016, 11:02:36 pm
He did a pretty good job when he started at left tackle all season 2 years ago. I'm sure he's a better player now, so I don't see why everyone has concerns about him at left tackle. He should be one of the least concerning positions
If this was the case why did they move him to RT? It's because he wasn't very good in pass-pro, and I am still concerned that his size is a disadvantage that is going to hurt him there. IMO he is there because he is 1 or 2 OL on the team. Hopefully CKA has some technique improvement that will make him better at that position. He got beat quick several times last year, but not as many times as 2 years ago at LT. BA did a lot last year to make our pass-pro statistically look better than it was. I think our OL will be better than last year, I believe we are more athletic than we were last year, and maybe have lost only slight amount of mashing ability.

bennyl08

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 21, 2016, 12:59:30 pm
If this was the case why did they move him to RT? It's because he wasn't very good in pass-pro, and I am still concerned that his size is a disadvantage that is going to hurt him there. IMO he is there because he is 1 or 2 OL on the team. Hopefully CKA has some technique improvement that will make him better at that position. He got beat quick several times last year, but not as many times as 2 years ago at LT. BA did a lot last year to make our pass-pro statistically look better than it was. I think our OL will be better than last year, I believe we are more athletic than we were last year, and maybe have lost only slight amount of mashing ability.

Mostly spot on. To further answer hogcam, people are concerned about that over other positions because of its importance. While there are bigger question marks for some of the other projected starters, the positions they play don't carry as much weight to the fan base. Somebody could be a 90 at LT while the rest of the OL is only 85, but that 10 points short of perfection draws more criticism than the 15 points shy elsewhere. Not neccesarily deserved in that critique, but IMO that is the reason why there is criticism there is.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Biggus Piggus

I heard that college football players can improve with age, work and coaching. Probably a lie.
[CENSORED]!

Mike_e

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 21, 2016, 03:17:25 pm
I heard that college football players can improve with age, work and coaching. Probably a lie.

Yeah, no way that happens.

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 21, 2016, 02:41:19 pm
Mostly spot on. To further answer hogcam, people are concerned about that over other positions because of its importance. While there are bigger question marks for some of the other projected starters, the positions they play don't carry as much weight to the fan base. Somebody could be a 90 at LT while the rest of the OL is only 85, but that 10 points short of perfection draws more criticism than the 15 points shy elsewhere. Not neccesarily deserved in that critique, but IMO that is the reason why there is criticism there is.
Benny you make this sound like this is only a MMQB concern, there is a reason the NFL pays the LTs more money, and OTs are more highly rated in recruiting than G or C.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Mike_e on August 21, 2016, 03:31:59 pm
Yeah, no way that happens.

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 21, 2016, 03:17:25 pm

Not really my concern, a couple of years experience is not going to do anything to make him not 6'10" anymore. Built in disadvantage going against a teams best athlete on the defensive line.

Oklahawg

Waiting for the first time there is a less-than-optimal OL performance. It will bring out the HV lunatic fringe who are convinced we screwed up seeing what players worked well in what position and with what others players around them. Y'know. Doing what coaches who are confident in their skills and comfortable with their players do.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 21, 2016, 04:30:22 pm
Waiting for the first time there is a less-than-optimal OL performance. It will bring out the HV lunatic fringe who are convinced we screwed up seeing what players worked well in what position and with what others players around them. Y'know. Doing what coaches who are confident in their skills and comfortable with their players do.
My hope is we don't have to worry about that ;D

I think it is great, pushing everybody to compete, and making them learn multiple positions so we have flexibility.

GuvHog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 21, 2016, 12:59:30 pm

Where did you get the line in bold???
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

I think we can do both.

That summed it all up, except to say that while what happened two years ago is fact, it isn't necessarily an indicator of the same or similar results this time around.
Go Hogs Go!

FANONTHEHILL

I believe that people that have concerns about Skip at left tackle need to stop and think about the difference in Dan Skipper from a couple years ago to today.

Physically, he's stronger.  He's filled out.  Bigger legs, more arm strength. Better bend to drop his butt against the pass rush.

Mentally, he's more mature.  He's been in the fight for three years.  He knows what he is up against.  He has maintained his nasty streak, but it's controlled.  Lack of mental maturity is what leads to penalties and over aggressive pass protection.  That's when you reach and lean.  Those were his deficiencies before. I don't see those issues coming back for a four year starter.

Technique- The approach that Anderson has brought will do wonders for the entire line.  Everyone talks about hands and push, but Anderson puts as much, if not more emphasis on feet.  Kick back, set your feet, then your hands, punch, 60% push play side at the shoulder, 40% back side in the chest.  If the rusher starts to cross you switch percentages of push and cave him inside.  Dan had great feet.  He will get back and let them come to him. Then use his length and strength.  This system fits Skipper.  For continuity sake they had hoped to keep him at RT, but having him back on the left side doesn't have me worried at all.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

rzrbackramsfan

If anyone is interest, the average weight of the new offensive line is 312 which would make us second in the sec to only ole miss last year.  However, I got those weights from Arkansas' website and they may be bigger than that.  Like they only had Colton Jackson at 300.

This Is important to me.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

bennyl08

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 21, 2016, 04:12:15 pm
Benny you make this sound like this is only a MMQB concern, there is a reason the NFL pays the LTs more money, and OTs are more highly rated in recruiting than G or C.

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 21, 2016, 05:38:13 pm
That summed it all up, except to say that while what happened two years ago is fact, it isn't necessarily an indicator of the same or similar results this time around.

I think I'm breaking hogville by posting middle of the road posts here. Seems to be that one can either only think that we will have the absolute best player in the country in Skipper or that he will be a complete liability for our team.

For me, I see it somewhere between the two. First, I don't like that we are playing somebody out of position in college to what they will likely do at the NFL. I'd prefer we have the talent and depth to have people stick with their best positions. Secondly, I don't think Skipper will have an all-american season at LT. Anything less than that and there is room to improve. Is it realistic to expect that about any player? No. Can we have an amazing season without? Yes. However, just pointing out, there is always room for improvement. There isn't a single player in the NFL, much less at Arkansas, that doesn't have something they can improve on. Posters on hogville are so used to the extremes that they see any critique of a player as some deep insult when in reality, that may be the person's favorite player on the team, it is just that said player isn't perfect.

Building off the extremist talking point, just because he has historically struggled against speed rushers doesn't mean that he won't still be good. Don't think any of our receivers last year made all american lists, yet we still did very well. Skipper could play LT with zero improvement this year and he'd still do a great job for us. We'd have to tweak the passing game a bit to help him out, but against a good pass rusher, we could have Tunsil at left tackle and we'd still be game planning around said pass rusher. Real football isn't some video game where every player wins every matchup every snap. On top of that, Skipper very likely has improved from last year to this, much less two years ago. This will be his fourth year starting. He has improved each year up to this year, so no reason to think he's suddenly going to stop or regress. While it would be nice to have him playing what is likely his natural position in the NFL here in college, it is pretty common for teams not to do that. When you have NFL talent, you get them on the field where they can help you most in college. Look at Alvin Bailey. Guy was a guard in college only to become a tackle in the NFL, actually starting some games at LT for the Seahawks. Speaking of them, even if we assume the worst about LT and the OL, that isn't a deal breaker. Look at the success the seahawks have had with a crappy OL. Skipper is at least as good a LT in the SEC as Okung was in the NFL. Yes, everyone would like to have the cowboy's OL, but if giving up some pressure to a speed rusher is the only real complaint, then you are doing pretty good IMO.

MissippHog

Given Anderson's time in the pros, I would think he has more experience working with taller lineman?  May be able to help big Dan with leverage and how to use his length as an advantage. 

For whatever reason, I'm just not concerned with the OL.  I think we'll be just fine there.  I'm excited to see what Raulerson brings and I really like Ragnow at center. 

MissippHog

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 21, 2016, 09:41:03 pm
First, I don't like that we are playing somebody out of position in college to what they will likely do at the NFL. I'd prefer we have the talent and depth to have people stick with their best positions.
Doesn't necessarily happen a lot but it does happen.  Tackles swap sides, WR's become QB's, safety's move to CB, TE's become tackles, etc. all after they move on to the NFL.  Just because they may project at a position in the NFL doesn't mean that they are the best option playing that same position in your system at the collegiate level.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 21, 2016, 09:41:03 pm
I think I'm breaking hogville by posting middle of the road posts here. Seems to be that one can either only think that we will have the absolute best player in the country in Skipper or that he will be a complete liability for our team.

For me, I see it somewhere between the two. First, I don't like that we are playing somebody out of position in college to what they will likely do at the NFL. I'd prefer we have the talent and depth to have people stick with their best positions. Secondly, I don't think Skipper will have an all-american season at LT. Anything less than that and there is room to improve. Is it realistic to expect that about any player? No. Can we have an amazing season without? Yes. However, just pointing out, there is always room for improvement. There isn't a single player in the NFL, much less at Arkansas, that doesn't have something they can improve on. Posters on hogville are so used to the extremes that they see any critique of a player as some deep insult when in reality, that may be the person's favorite player on the team, it is just that said player isn't perfect.

Building off the extremist talking point, just because he has historically struggled against speed rushers doesn't mean that he won't still be good. Don't think any of our receivers last year made all american lists, yet we still did very well. Skipper could play LT with zero improvement this year and he'd still do a great job for us. We'd have to tweak the passing game a bit to help him out, but against a good pass rusher, we could have Tunsil at left tackle and we'd still be game planning around said pass rusher. Real football isn't some video game where every player wins every matchup every snap. On top of that, Skipper very likely has improved from last year to this, much less two years ago. This will be his fourth year starting. He has improved each year up to this year, so no reason to think he's suddenly going to stop or regress. While it would be nice to have him playing what is likely his natural position in the NFL here in college, it is pretty common for teams not to do that. When you have NFL talent, you get them on the field where they can help you most in college. Look at Alvin Bailey. Guy was a guard in college only to become a tackle in the NFL, actually starting some games at LT for the Seahawks. Speaking of them, even if we assume the worst about LT and the OL, that isn't a deal breaker. Look at the success the seahawks have had with a crappy OL. Skipper is at least as good a LT in the SEC as Okung was in the NFL. Yes, everyone would like to have the cowboy's OL, but if giving up some pressure to a speed rusher is the only real complaint, then you are doing pretty good IMO.

I agree with you.

Skipper should be better now than two years ago.
He wasn't bad then.
How good?  We'll see.

We should be fine.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Styflin

You do know that Skipper was repping at LT with the second group in the spring right? Based on your post, you didn't know that. I pretty much have to question everything you say now considering you post as if you are stating facts and not necessarily your opinion.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 21, 2016, 10:17:52 pm
I agree with you.

Skipper should be better now than two years ago.
He wasn't bad then.
How good?  We'll see.

We should be fine.
In response your post and Benny's, remember this.  The best LT in the NFL the past 10 years was a free agent Defensive Lineman signed by the Buffalo Bills.  They moved him to LT, then he went to Philadelphia.  That's Jason Peters and he was a TE here. Let the NFL figure out where they belong at that level. 

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 21, 2016, 10:24:33 pm
In response your post and Benny's, remember this.  The best LT in the NFL the past 10 years was a free agent Defensive Lineman signed by the Buffalo Bills.  They moved him to LT, then he went to Philadelphia.  That's Jason Peters and he was a TE here. Let the NFL figure out where they belong at that level. 

I think you took my post wrong.

I think we'll be fine there.

Considering that I'm sure he's gotten better each year, he could be great there.
We don't know yet.
His response to me:

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 21, 2016, 10:27:04 pm
I think you took my post wrong.

I think we'll be fine there.

Considering that I'm sure he's gotten better each year, he could be great there.
We don't know yet.

Wasn't being critical of either post, just pointing out the irony of how player evolve so much between 18-25 years old.  Totally agree with you both just didn't make my point of reinforcing your point very well. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 22, 2016, 07:37:11 am
These aren't first time posters sir, they are Hog fans that have opinions.  Do you have opinions?  By definition that make you a jackhole right?   

Plus I haven't seen one post that would require someone being called a lunitic.  Jackhole maybe but not lunitic.  I saw you post so...

Great discussion everybody....else!

The reference wasn't to first time posters. Also, Okla was speaking of the knee-jerk reactionaries, yes the lunatic fringe (the very vocal minority), that run screaming that the sky is falling the first time that someone that the fan base has built up with expectations, or predicted them to be under-performing, actually has a less than stellar game. One side begins to over-doubt and the other takes the "I told you so" stance. Both sides end up being proactively critical of the personnel decisions made by the staff. And there are a few on here who actually relish the opportunity to do so, though they all may have different reasoning for their viewpoints. I would say that if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.
Go Hogs Go!

theFlyingHog

Hey who deleted Cinci de hogo? I didn't get a chance to rip on him for not being able to spell "lunatic".

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 21, 2016, 05:40:47 pm
I believe that people that have concerns about Skip at left tackle need to stop and think about the difference in Dan Skipper from a couple years ago to today.

Physically, he's stronger.  He's filled out.  Bigger legs, more arm strength. Better bend to drop his butt against the pass rush.

Mentally, he's more mature.  He's been in the fight for three years.  He knows what he is up against.  He has maintained his nasty streak, but it's controlled.  Lack of mental maturity is what leads to penalties and over aggressive pass protection.  That's when you reach and lean.  Those were his deficiencies before. I don't see those issues coming back for a four year starter.

Technique- The approach that Anderson has brought will do wonders for the entire line.  Everyone talks about hands and push, but Anderson puts as much, if not more emphasis on feet.  Kick back, set your feet, then your hands, punch, 60% push play side at the shoulder, 40% back side in the chest.  If the rusher starts to cross you switch percentages of push and cave him inside.  Dan had great feet.  He will get back and let them come to him. Then use his length and strength.  This system fits Skipper.  For continuity sake they had hoped to keep him at RT, but having him back on the left side doesn't have me worried at all.
Your posts have put me at ease with OL. I think we have made a really nice upgrade with Anderson. If I'm right, we may finally have the OL play that we've been missing. 3rd n goal from the 2? Oh we're gonna run it up the middle and there's not a damn thing you can do about it

Oklahawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 22, 2016, 07:57:57 am
The reference wasn't to first time posters. Also, Okla was speaking of the knee-jerk reactionaries, yes the lunatic fringe (the very vocal minority), that run screaming that the sky is falling the first time that someone that the fan base has built up with expectations, or predicted them to be under-performing, actually has a less than stellar game. One side begins to over-doubt and the other takes the "I told you so" stance. Both sides end up being proactively critical of the personnel decisions made by the staff. And there are a few on here who actually relish the opportunity to do so, though they all may have different reasoning for their viewpoints. I would say that if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.

Yes!

There is a crew around here that will find fault with a play run by the second team only gaining 3 yards in the 4th quarter of a 41-17 win in September. Too much microscopic boneheadedness.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Biggus Piggus

OK. For everybody hailing Dan Skipper as the next all-America left tackle, please tell me:

Why didn't Skipper move back to left tackle in the spring?

Why did Arkansas go the whole spring, after day one, with Colton Jackson at LT and Skip still on the right?

Why did the coaches consider moving Skipper to guard before they decided to put him back at LT?
[CENSORED]!

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 22, 2016, 01:25:33 pm
OK. For everybody hailing Dan Skipper as the next all-America left tackle, please tell me:

Why didn't Skipper move back to left tackle in the spring?

Why did Arkansas go the whole spring, after day one, with Colton Jackson at LT and Skip still on the right?

Why did the coaches consider moving Skipper to guard before they decided to put him back at LT?

He's obviously the best option in the minds, about all one can say.