Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Britto Tutt

Started by WooPig90, August 18, 2016, 12:38:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WooPig90

Heard from a friend that Britto Tutt suffered a knee injury today in practice and does not seem good. Anyone else heard anything?  :'(

JaketheSnake

This is probably info that should not be put out until we get official word from someone.  As of now... its just a rumor. 

ricepig

Quote from: JaketheSnake on August 18, 2016, 12:41:54 pm
This is probably info that should not be put out until we get official word from someone.  As of now... its just a rumor. 

Correct, nothing confirmed.

WooPig90

TDHawgs

Dang it!! Hope it's not as bad as it looks right now. 

WooPig90

Hollywood_HOGan45

Maybe they misdiagnosed it like TJ Hammonds' injury.

RebelW

I went from stoked about secondary depth to worrying about secondary depth all in the matter of 3 days. Lol Pulley is going to have to pull his weight!

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 18, 2016, 01:04:22 pm

I'm not sure they missed on TJ, it's not uncommon to bounce back quick from a meniscus tear. The word on Tutt is they haven't determined the severity, which could mean swelling, or he hasn't been fully examined.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 18, 2016, 01:04:22 pm

Wait a minute, I've been out of pocket this week.  What happened?  I know he was to go in for a scope and meniscus repair?

RebelW

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 18, 2016, 01:38:56 pm
Wait a minute, I've been out of pocket this week.  What happened?  I know he was to go in for a scope and meniscus repair?
Read where he's back to running around.

onebadrubi

Quote from: RebelW on August 18, 2016, 01:41:03 pm
Read where he's back to running around.

That's not a miss diagnosis though?  Meniscus repairs are often short stents.  For example, the Boston Red sox closer was taking the mound like 12 days after surgery on his landing knee.  Your average Joe is often back on his feet just a couple days later and back to normal 2 weeks after.  Just think with the advantage a D1 athelete gets in rehab.  Not a shocker at all.

RebelW

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 18, 2016, 01:44:06 pm
That's not a miss diagnosis though?  Meniscus repairs are often short stents.  For example, the Boston Red sox closer was taking the mound like 12 days after surgery on his landing knee.  Your average Joe is often back on his feet just a couple days later and back to normal 2 weeks after.  Just think with the advantage a D1 athelete gets in rehab.  Not a shocker at all.
You've got to remember this is Hogville. People talk out of there back side 80% of the time. Just telling you what he meant by a Mis diagnosis. TJ's injury to his knee was well known by the staff that it wasn't a severe injury. CBB made that apparent when he said he played a week after he tore his.

AirWarren

ricepig

onebadrubi

Quote from: RebelW on August 18, 2016, 01:59:02 pm
You've got to remember this is Hogville. People talk out of there back side 80% of the time. Just telling you what he meant by a Mis diagnosis. TJ's injury to his knee was well known by the staff that it wasn't a severe injury. CBB made that apparent when he said he played a week after he tore his.

Haha true and sorry to quote you and then make that statement look like it meant towards you.  Thanks for sharing the info though!

onebadrubi

Quote from: AP85 on August 18, 2016, 02:08:41 pm
Snake bit.

Have i just never noticed you to be such a negative nancy before the past week or so? 

And I guess you could call Bama snake bit too then, we've had less injuries than they have players transfer the past month. 

010HogFan

Has nothing to do with being snake bit and every bit to do with it being football

ricepig

Quote from: 010HogFan on August 18, 2016, 02:24:43 pm
Has nothing to do with being snake bit and every bit to do with it being football

Yeah, follow about 2 or 3 guys/sites on Twitter and you read about injuries every afternoon in the SEC.

PonderinHog

RebelW

Quote from: 010HogFan on August 18, 2016, 02:24:43 pm
Exactly, it makes me wonder about some of these "fans" have ever played 1 down of football? It's a contact sport. Injuries happen. They're not playing patty cake out there. If we didn't have many injuries the same people would be questioning our physicality

code red

Now down to 5 corners.  Life goes on.   But, we really can't afford another injury out there at corner.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

FraggleHog

Quote from: code red on August 18, 2016, 02:55:38 pm
Now down to 5 corners.  Life goes on.   But, we really can't afford another injury out there at corner.

I know injuries happen... it's a violent game. It just sucks that we always have a significant injury every single fall camp or early in the season
Calling the Hogs from DFW

ricepig

Quote from: code red on August 18, 2016, 02:55:38 pm

Depending on the severity of the injury, it probably assures us that DJ plays this season.

FraggleHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2016, 03:00:35 pm
Depending on the severity of the injury, it probably assures us that DJ plays this season.

ACL

scooby21322

Is there anyone who could switch over to the secondary?  Pettway maybe?

JaketheSnake

We have several safeties that are converted CBs. I'm sure they will use them some to add some depth.

LRrazorback

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

FraggleHog

Quote from: LRrazorback on August 18, 2016, 03:17:29 pm
ACL?  For who, Dean or tutt?

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 18, 2016, 03:18:16 pm
Really? That's horrible. Where did you get that?

Tutt... I saw it on twitter from a media guy... He might've removed the tweet though. They may be waiting on an official statement from coach. From everything I've seen, it looks like he should be out for a significant amount of time.

LRrazorback

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 18, 2016, 03:23:55 pm
Tutt... I saw it on twitter from a media guy... He might've removed the tweet though. They may be waiting on an official statement from coach. From everything I've seen, it looks like he should be out for a significant amount of time.

Ooh, if so, not good.  True freshman will need to step up

theFlyingHog

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 18, 2016, 03:23:55 pm
Well Tutt tweeted "minor setback..."  Were it my acl I wouldn't say minor, so here's hoping he doesn't consider an acl to be minor

HOGGISHABOUTAR

We are not deep enough for crap like this. This is why its harder to finish high in the west. This is where/why those 4-5 star recruits do matter.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: HOGGISHABOUTAR on August 18, 2016, 03:34:19 pm
We are not deep enough for crap like this. This is why its harder to finish high in the west. This is where/why those 4-5 star recruits do matter.
5 star croots don't make you deeper. Take a deep breath, everything is going to be fine

RebelW

it doesn't matter if he's a 4 star or a half a star that we've coached up if he's injured he's injured. That's a man down.

FraggleHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 18, 2016, 03:30:59 pm
Well Tutt tweeted "minor setback..."  Were it my acl I wouldn't say minor, so here's hoping he doesn't consider an acl to be minor

The full tweet is "Minor setback for a Major comeback"... I believe Jonathan Williams tweeted this exact thing after his injury... And we all saw how significant that injury was. It's a statement that I've seen a lot of athletes tweet after an injury.

Cinco de Hogo

Snake Bit U, a new claim to fame. LOL

Oh well,

Get well soon Britto!

WooPig90

Maybe switch Dalton back to CB if we need to now?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 18, 2016, 02:21:45 pm
Have i just never noticed you to be such a negative nancy before the past week or so? 

And I guess you could call Bama snake bit too then, we've had less injuries than they have players transfer the past month.
Yes

hawginbigd1

Where is Conelius Floyd??? 3* guy who started/played considerably as a Freshman, never to be heard from again??? I did find he apparently played against UT-martin last year. I thought he played pretty well as a true freshman. Seems he was on the field before Tolliver was in 2014.

ricepig

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 18, 2016, 04:12:37 pm
Where is Conelius Floyd??? 3* guy who started/played considerably as a Freshman, never to be heard from again??? I did find he apparently played against UT-martin last year. I thought he played pretty well as a true freshman. Seems he was on the field before Tolliver was in 2014.

Doghouse last year, but apparently worked back into the rotation.

ricepig

onebadrubi

Please explain how a 5 star injury differs from a 2 star injury?  It doesn't matter what your dang star rating is, if you tear an ACL you are going down and out for awhile.  Ohhhh I see you expect us to just pluck a 5 star off the bench when a new recruit goes down, insinuating that new recruit has already jumped over the depth chart of that 5 star play in the first week of fall. 

rzrbk4life

Hate to hear that about Tutt. Next man up
Let's call those hogs!!!!

ricepig

ADavisTheGOAT

Willie Sykes is gone too how convenient. Anyways, we'll probably move one of our safetys to corner and one of our freshman safetys will see playing time.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

azhog10

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 18, 2016, 01:44:06 pm
Meniscus repairs are short, but medial miniscus tears do not repair themselves and require surgery. I don't believe TJ ever went under the knife.

azhog10

Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2016, 05:05:52 pm
https://twitter.com/TomMurphyADG/status/766395051505098752
Oh how quick things change in regards to DJ Dean. About as quick as he went from being in the two deep to suggesting redshirting......