Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stressing Austin Allen

Started by Exit Pursued by a Boar, August 17, 2016, 03:41:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Exit Pursued by a Boar

When CBB says they've been putting AA in stressful situations, what does that mean? Letting CRS put in special defensive wrinkles on him? Telling a primary receiver to deliberately run a wrong route or to stay covered to see how AA goes through progressions? Telling a lineman to blow a block to see how he reacts? Enquiring minds.

EFBAB

a0ashle

There was mention of having the offense try to drive the ball from deep in their own territory. I bet more blitzes from the defense plays a roll in it. They may also be giving him a short sack count to push him to release quicker. I seriously doubt they would ask any player to do something like blow a block.

ricepig

So.......you don't think he meant lit match near his truck?

PonderinHog

rzrbk4life

Quote from: ricepig on August 17, 2016, 03:47:19 pm

lol, exactly what I was thinkin
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

I think it meant using the virtual reality simulator they have to put Austin in real world situations to see how he handles stress.

In one simulation he is Chelsea Sullenberger piloting a jet liner over the Hudson.

In another he's walking by a burning building.  A cat and a dog are trapped in different parts.  He can only save one. "What do you do Austin, what do you do?"
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 17, 2016, 03:56:24 pm

In another he's walking by a burning building.  A cat and a dog are trapped in different parts.  He can only save one. "What do you do Austin, what do you do?"
Move my truck ???

bulldog04

Probably situational stuff like 3rd and long, converting 4th downs, and starting long drives.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

SemperHawg

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 17, 2016, 03:59:29 pm
Move my truck ???

Nope. Save the dog and invite your Korean buddy over for a Sunday BBQ.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Boardon Hamsay

+

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 17, 2016, 03:47:56 pm
13 on 11

+

Quote from: supersaint on August 17, 2016, 04:18:35 pm
They make him read Hogville before breaking each huddle.

+ had his gf text him she's "late" the first day of camp and told all the campus stores to put him on the "scantron no sell list" for the semester.

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

jjdlc

I was thinking sleep deprivation and water boarding.

gawntrail

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 17, 2016, 03:47:56 pm
13 on 11

This.  And, we used to take the first read away.  Lining up your regular 11 Red D in unorthodox arrangements.  Short play clock.  Play calls with missing or garbled components.  No play call in hurry up situations...  Substitution packages that don't match play call.

plumbhog

I have a source that says on second down's they make him wear his helmet backwards to simulate a real life experience like playing Alabama.
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

MissippHog

I think it meant using the virtual reality simulator they have to put Austin in real world situations to see how he handles stress.

In one simulation he is Chelsea Sullenberger piloting a jet liner over the Hudson.

I'd +1 that!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Cinco de Hogo

So was it 10 or 12 stressful situations?

Pork Ranger

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Maybe they're making Austin babysit the yorkies while they're out of town for a weekend.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: OTR on August 17, 2016, 09:31:52 pm
Maybe they're making Austin babysit the yorkies while they're out of town for a weekend.

Nah, they have him scheduled to go to a male scrip club with Rex in Amarillo directly after the TCU game.
This is my non-signature signature.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: supersaint on August 17, 2016, 04:18:35 pm
They make him read Hogville.

Specifically "From the Bench". BTW, I thought Robert was supposed to be back about now.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

HogShat

Some days I hate this place, and some days it is solid gold... This is a good day... Thanks for the chuckles!  :D
Quote from: plumbhog on August 17, 2016, 06:37:28 pm
I have a source that says on second down's they make him wear his helmet backwards to simulate a real life experience like playing Alabama.

Best Ever....

secneahog

They're putting him in tough spots on the field. Deep into his own territory. Having to orchestrate long drives.

Putting him in situational down and distances. Giving diff looks on the defense, seeing if Austin can make the right calls and reads. 

Pretty much the same concept as we did in mma.  You train situational positions over and over. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

umpqua

Pig In The City

The Kig

Cat or dog?  That's not stressful...not even a test of decision making.  Even firefighters are known for having dogs, but always having to rescue some dumb cat in a tree.  The building was probably set on fire to kill the cat in the first place.  Save the dog and make sure the cat can't get out.  The only stress is figuring out where the dog is.
Poker Porker

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: The Kig on August 19, 2016, 03:02:51 pm
Cat or dog?  That's not stressful...not even a test of decision making.  Even firefighters are known for having dogs, but always having to rescue some dumb cat in a tree.  The building was probably set on fire to kill the cat in the first place.  Save the dog and make sure the cat can't get out.  The only stress is figuring out where the dog is.

And people claim the Kobayashi Maru cannot be solved.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

RazorbackBassist

kodiakisland

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on August 18, 2016, 09:08:04 am
Specifically "From the Bench". BTW, I thought Robert was supposed to be back about now.

He will soon.  His Mom canceled the dial up for the summer so he would go outside and play more.  She'll get it hooked up this fall for sure.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

HogPharmer

Quote from: kodiakisland on August 19, 2016, 04:15:39 pm
He will soon.  His Mom canceled the dial up for the summer so he would go outside and play more.  She'll get it hooked up this fall for sure.

Who the hell is Robert?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

mphshog

Why does everyone pick on Robert Shields? It seems like all he does is verify info that we already know about ::)
Baseball.  NUFF SAID

Paul

Quote from: mphshog on August 19, 2016, 04:34:08 pm
Why does everyone pick on Robert Shields? It seems like all he does is verify info that we already know about ::)
you answered your own question

DeltaBoy

Woo Pig Good for the Coaching Staff.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Real answer is he seldom added a lot, but that's not easy with social media.
He then became the biggest target for bullying.

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

k.c.hawg

13 on 11 and D linemen have tennis racquets. They figured shooting over brooms paid off for Scotty Thurman.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Drewhog

Maybe in the VR simulator, they have Arkansas losing to LA Tech the first game of the season.  How would he handle the vitriol and drunk a**holes Tweeting rude things about him...

No, in all seriousness, I would imagine (or hope) a good "stress test" to simulate a real game situation would involve something like:

1.  Calmly coming back from a deficit in a hostile, away environment.  Auburn just took the lead in the second half, and all the momentum is on the Gus Bus.  Austin must take control and methodically run the offense on two successful TD drives to finish and win/lose the game the game.  Crowd noise is pumped in to excessive decibel counts.
2. Two minute offense simulations from all parts of the field, in home/away environmental conditions.
3. Wet ball situations including QB/RB exchanges to prevent fumbles, practicing his footwork/drops in wet conditions, etc. ???

Football minds, would these ideas of mine, or some similar drills, be helpful in AA's development?  Thanks.

SultanofSwine

I wonder if they have HDN calling the plays on the simulator.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: The Kig on August 19, 2016, 03:02:51 pm

In this scenario he has a flashback to MSU last year and kicks the dog then saves the cat, names him Lester and makes him sleep in the doghouse because that's how that story ends.

Ah cha cha
This is my non-signature signature.

RazorbackToTheFuture