Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DJ Dean Injury

Started by Porky McGee, August 17, 2016, 12:06:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porky McGee

Just saw on Twitter that DJ will miss some time with a hamstring injury. Redshirt possible

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: Porky McGee on August 17, 2016, 12:06:39 pm
Just saw on Twitter that DJ will miss some time with a hamstring injury. Redshirt possible

Glad to hear it's just a hamstring.  Do you know how severe?  Wondering because you mention possible RS.

hogsanity

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on August 17, 2016, 12:08:33 pm
Glad to hear it's just a hamstring.  Do you know how severe?  Wondering because you mention possible RS.

apparently cbb mentioned possible rs in his pc today
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

King Kong

CB would look much better for next year if he could RS.

But I would think that is unlikely

LRHawg

Dang, if it's just a strain, I would think he'd only be out till around the third week in September. Hope it's not worse.

KlubhouseKonnected

Well that is inconvenient. Hope that we don't feel that sting against TCU.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ricepig

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 17, 2016, 01:13:43 pm
Well that is inconvenient. Hope that we don't feel that sting against TCU.

Well, Bret said in the PC that he wasn't a lock for the two deep before the injury, due to previous injuries last spring and fall.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ricepig on August 17, 2016, 01:16:10 pm
Well, Bret said in the PC that he wasn't a lock for the two deep before the injury, due to previous injuries last spring and fall.
I hope that's 100% legit and not just coach speak
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

azhog10

Quote from: ricepig on August 17, 2016, 01:16:10 pm
Funny for him to say that because since spring he's been mentioning DJ as one of the top 4 CB's even up until last week. Odd how that changed as soon as he was hurt.

colbs

Quote from: azhog10 on August 17, 2016, 02:26:32 pm
Funny for him to say that because since spring he's been mentioning DJ as one of the top 4 CB's even up until last week. Odd how that changed as soon as he was hurt.
Mentioned that he had talked to him about RS before the injury.

Pigsknuckles

Hamstring injuries seem to be nagging, and chronic (McFadden). Hate to see him waste a season of eligibility with a gimpy hamstring.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

rzrbackramsfan

I don't recall him saying that in any fall pressers and I listen to them all.

ricepig

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on August 17, 2016, 03:39:27 pm
I don't recall him saying that in any fall pressers and I listen to them all.

I remember them saying they thought they had 6 CB's, and he was in there, but I don't remember a two deep with him. Now, since he started 8 games last year's, the assumption was that he would be up there.

hawginbigd1

I knew there was a reason they have been talking about others more often, I thought they were pulling the motivation card, now it seems he hasn't been a 100%. IMO he is the best CB on the team to this point. Very very few balls were sent his direction during 2015, that is not coincidence.

theFlyingHog

Didn't he have the game-winning pbu against awburn? We need that skill on the field

ricepig

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 17, 2016, 04:39:11 pm
Didn't he have the game-winning pbu against awburn? We need that skill on the field

Liddell

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 17, 2016, 04:46:17 pm
Liddell
Yeah I was thinking the 4th and 6 OM had at the end of regulation that Dean broke up to give us the shot at the FG. Should have been a game winning pbu if we could kick  :-\

rzrbackramsfan

DJ Dean is solid but ahead of him is JC, and then its reasonable to think tolliver, could've moved in front of him, and with him missing time, Pulley, Tutt and Tolliver could be challenging him too.

I'd love to see him redshirt this year. 

Lake City Hog

What would be bad for DJ is the fact that only Collins is a senior this year. It will harder for him to unseat any of the 4 guys ahead of him after them getting another year of experience. Plus he would have Smith and Edwards coming off RS seasons to deal with.

Temprees

Quote from: Lake City Hog on August 17, 2016, 09:03:56 pm
What would be bad for DJ is the fact that only Collins is a senior this year. It will harder for him to unseat any of the 4 guys ahead of him after them getting another year of experience. Plus he would have Smith and Edwards coming off RS seasons to deal with.
Smith and Edwards are Safeties

rzrbackramsfan

Well I guess we can cut out the dj dean red shirting even if he does recover talk.

azhog10

Quote from: ricepig on August 17, 2016, 03:41:51 pm
I remember them saying they thought they had 6 CB's, and he was in there, but I don't remember a two deep with him. Now, since he started 8 games last year's, the assumption was that he would be up there.
I'd have to spend some time, but I specifically remember them talking about him in the two deep at the field corner I believe.....i know he wasn't in the nickel rotation and they mentioned they could play 6 cb's easy and he was one of them. Not sure why you would redshirt one of your best 6 CB's when you play 5-6 a game.

King Kong

Quote from: azhog10 on August 18, 2016, 06:08:05 pm
I'd have to spend some time, but I specifically remember them talking about him in the two deep at the field corner I believe.....i know he wasn't in the nickel rotation and they mentioned they could play 6 cb's easy and he was one of them. Not sure why you would redshirt one of your best 6 CB's when you play 5-6 a game.

2 reasons I can think of

1. To give DJ his best opportunity to impress scouts
2. Having 2 starters Next year with a lot of experience in Dean and Toliver

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: azhog10 on August 18, 2016, 06:08:05 pm

It's possible that the day they said they'd consider red shirting him that the coaches realized tutt, pulley and tolliver moved ahead of him.  Either way it's a moot point, with tutt out we need dean.

popcornhog

I think he was basing it on injury status, not ability or where he would otherwise be on the depth chart.
WPS