Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anthracite this year?

Started by Sed76, August 16, 2016, 10:38:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sed76

Bubba's Bruisers

I like the anthracite...every once in a while.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

lahawg1

I hope not, what is wrong with traditional uniforms? I want everyone to know who we are by just a glimpse of our team/uniform.

lefty08

Let's hope so, where else can you see grown men crying over clothing?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

MissippHog

Anthracite jersey, some red pants, and the chrome-red helmets that we wore in the Liberty Bowl.....instant fan favorite.

AirWarren

Quote from: lefty08 on August 17, 2016, 06:16:22 am

Come on, that  is too dang easy!!! Hogville is a home of the emotionally weak man!

Hog N Bama

No!! Our colors are Cardinal (red) and white.  >:(

HogBreath

Quote from: MissippHog on August 17, 2016, 06:22:00 am
Anthracite jersey, some red pants, and the chrome-red helmets that we wore in the Liberty Bowl.....instant fan favorite.
That's real coal.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hobhog

Quote from: AP85 on August 17, 2016, 06:33:08 am
Come on, that  is too dang easy!!! Hogville is a home of the emotionally weak man!

Or maybe some fans have some pride in their team, tradition, and school colors. Maybe they don't need video game gimmicks to like their team. Coach B has said he is a traditionalist thank gawd. Hope we never see those chimney swept nightmare gowns again....

a0ashle

Quote from: hobhog on August 17, 2016, 07:42:58 am
Or maybe some fans have some pride in their team, tradition, and school colors. Maybe they don't need video game gimmicks to like their team. Coach B has said he is a traditionalist thank gawd. Hope we never see those chimney swept nightmare gowns again....

Maybe they don't need gimmicks to like their team, they just need them to wear the exact color and style uniform they prefer or you'll here about it on a message board.

Hoggish1

Yep, it's coming back, but NO WHITE SHOES!

Pig in the Pokey

Uggh, that site makes my eyes bleed. No less than 6 different shades of red and only the 'toddler's replica' had razorback red hue.  :puke:
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 17, 2016, 09:14:10 am
Uggh, that site makes my eyes bleed. No less than 6 different shades of red and only the 'toddler's replica' had razorback red hue.  :puke:

It's the lighting........

TheBigGriffkowski

I doubt Nike created that jersey with no purpose in mind. We will most likely only wear those once this year. I'm not a fan, but a week of change wouldn't be all that bad imo.

theFlyingHog

Ok so we're getting worked up over anthracite uniforms because some crap website has one for sale? Srsly?

3kgthog

BB's comments when depressing gray left in 2013 lead me to believe it'll never come back on the field. Selling jerseys to the parents of children is another story.

HuntsvilleHawgFan

Serious question because I have no idea how this works.

Who actually makes the decision what uniform to wear?  Does it come down from the AD?  Does Coach B have the final say?  Does the team vote in any way?  Or does some Nike rep dictate what product gets put on the field?

Just curious as to how and who makes those decisions.

Jborohog09

Quote from: HuntsvilleHawgFan on August 17, 2016, 11:29:30 am
Serious question because I have no idea how this works.

Who actually makes the decision what uniform to wear?  Does it come down from the AD?  Does Coach B have the final say?  Does the team vote in any way?  Or does some Nike rep dictate what product gets put on the field?

Just curious as to how and who makes those decisions.

I would guess it's up to the team captains or seniors and CBB.

Youngsta71701

I would like to see some kind of black jersey instead of anthracite.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: MissippHog on August 17, 2016, 06:22:00 am

Oh, Hell to the No!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on August 17, 2016, 12:11:38 pm
Oh, Hell to the No!

ScoreGasms? I thought I was the only one who had those. Here's to multiple scoregasms during every Hogs game!  ;)

Pork Twain

Quote from: lefty08 on August 17, 2016, 06:16:22 am
Exactly what I was thinking
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 17, 2016, 10:45:05 am
Ok so we're getting worked up over anthracite uniforms because some crap website has one for sale? Srsly?
Just one of the biggest sellers of athletic apparel for fans online.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HogtoberFest

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 17, 2016, 12:53:58 pm
Just one of the biggest sellers of athletic apparel for fans online.

If you buy online from arkansasrazorbacks.com, you are buying from fan fanatics. They run our site.

This is actually a pretty good indication that the team will have the option to wear them this year. Doesn't mean they actually will.

texhog22

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 17, 2016, 12:04:39 pm
WORD! That grey crap just ugly! "Anthricite" come on man, just call it grey, or even gray.Black would be better

OrvilleRedenporker

redleg

With central Arkansas fans luck, they'll wear those atrocious uniforms when they play Alcorn (Sisters of the Poor) St. in Little Rock.  >:(
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

FraggleHog

Quote from: redleg on August 17, 2016, 02:36:26 pm
With central Arkansas fans luck, they'll wear those atrocious uniforms when they play Alcorn (Sisters of the Poor) St. in Little Rock.  >:(

Uh, oh... the perfect storm... Great Stadium Debate and Great Uniform Debate have merged!
Calling the Hogs from DFW

ricepig

AugustaHog

I agree, I'm not a fan of the anthracite.  I'm of the thinking that we should stick to our regular uni combos with the chrome dome mixed in occasionally.  If we are going for an alternate uni, straight black would look much better than that charcoal crap.  Not a good look.  Hopefully this thing gets lost in the closet somewhere.

Sed76

Well, last two times they have been worn have been at game in Little Rock...both losses.

Arkansas Fan

We're not the school from Jonesboro.

RME

Quote from: hobhog on August 17, 2016, 07:42:58 am

Or maybe some fans should be content with what the players want, whether it's anthracite or orange and pink. I'm perfectly fine with leaving it up to them. You know, the guys that actually go out there and do the damn thing.

HogPharmer

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 17, 2016, 03:45:56 pm
Uh, oh... the perfect storm... Great Stadium Debate and Great Uniform Debate have merged!

Great stadium debate? What's that? //
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

GuvHog

Hmmm.......come to think of it, if they're gonna wear them at all, that's not a bad idea.

Personally, I don't care for them at all.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pig in the Pokey

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D lmfao
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pigasaurus

If undefeated when hosting Bama, I expect Gameday in town and CBB breaking out the BLACK jerseys.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

gawntrail

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 17, 2016, 12:04:39 pm
Man, I love me some Scarlett Johannson...especially in your avatar, to quote the movie LUCY with a slight twist, "Her mammaries are at 30% and the whole world is opening up to their power."
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

FANONTHEHILL

When the helmet matches, I like the look.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: pigasaurus on August 17, 2016, 06:00:48 pm
If undefeated when hosting Bama, I expect Gameday in town and CBB breaking out the BLACK jerseys.

Nope, got to go with the 1964 throw-back uniforms. I liked that uniform last year and it would be fitting if the scenario plays out the way you indicated.
Go Hogs Go!

hobhog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 17, 2016, 04:18:06 pm
Or maybe some fans should be content with what the players want, whether it's anthracite or orange and pink. I'm perfectly fine with leaving it up to them. You know, the guys that actually go out there and do the damn thing.

Yeah, the heck with those pesky fans paying thousands for season tickets. Let the 19 year old kids receiving thousands in aid make that call.

Point is- if EVERYONE likes red and white, why piss off a large portion of fan base with ugly nontraditional uniforms?

theFlyingHog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 17, 2016, 07:09:48 pm
When the helmet matches, I like the look.
I don't like the hog on those helmets. If they fix that I do like it ok

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 17, 2016, 07:28:37 pm
I don't like the hog on those helmets. If they fix that I do like it ok

They could put this on the side of the helmet and really freak people out!
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

lahawg1

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 17, 2016, 07:42:36 pm
They could put this on the side of the helmet and really freak people out!

I hate that hog, sorry but nothing will ever replace the old slobbering hog to me

RME

Quote from: hobhog on August 17, 2016, 07:22:22 pm
Yeah, the heck with those pesky fans paying thousands for season tickets. Let the 19 year old kids receiving thousands in aid make that call.

Point is- if EVERYONE likes red and white, why piss off a large portion of fan base with ugly nontraditional uniforms?

I laughed. Thank you.

MissippHog

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: pigasaurus on August 17, 2016, 06:00:48 pm

If we're 5-0 going into the Bama game, I want us to wear the 64 throwbacks with our strip practice helmet. I think we take the confuse the hell out of em approach. ;D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

tusksincolorado

YES!!!!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!