Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anonymous SEC coach calls out Bret Bielema.

Started by rhog1, August 15, 2016, 12:01:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

I will take the program we have now, over any 10 win season that nutt had
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

AugustaHog

Yep, pretty cowardly quote.  I always like these type of articles because they give a real picture of what other staffs think about what is going on at Arkansas.  If there depth issues, deficiencies at a certain position, etc. they are usually discussed.  Never have I seen a comment like that.  That's pretty petty and vindictive of somebody, not to mention completely false.  Our fanbase, as a whole, really likes CBB and what he's trying to do here.  The comment about Nutt being saintly was a joke and certainly shows a lack of touch with our fanbase.  I'm not sure who it was, but I hope they get what's coming to them.  If it's Horton or Lashlee, that may be coming after this year.

rhog1

Dwight_K_Shrute

I don't think it was any Auburn coach.  Gus does not allow potty mouths and the direct quote in the article was bull sh**.  Now if the coach had said bull crap then we all know it was Auburn.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Piggfoot

Right out of the Nuttsters mouth. The only classless coach we've had in my opinion. I will never forgive him and Herring for the classless comments they made about Malzahn at a Razorback meeting. Now Many don't have respect for Malzahn but as a head coach you don't ridicule an assistant in public.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: riccoar on August 15, 2016, 01:46:23 pm
I'd say Womack.  But westside should be around soon to defend Nutt.

No way it was Dave since Nutt through him under the bus as a sacrifice to appease the crowd flying banners + he's just not that kind of guy...................
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

GuvHog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 15, 2016, 12:26:42 pm
That is how you know it wasn't Gus.

Exactly. Gus detests Hooty and would never say he's a better person than anyone else and for the record I detest Gus too.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: GuvHog on August 15, 2016, 02:47:53 pm
Exactly. Gus detests Hooty and would never say he's a better person than anyone else and for the record I detest Gus too.

But do you detest stale oatmeal?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: GuvHog on August 15, 2016, 02:47:53 pm

Not according to Gus. His most recent comments indicated that the rumors of animosity between he and Nutt during his year on Arkansas's staff were untrue and that they are in fact friends.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 15, 2016, 02:52:45 pm
Not according to Gus. His most recent comments indicated that the rumors of animosity between he and Nutt during his year on Arkansas's staff were untrue and that they are in fact friends.
Yeah, just one big misunderstanding.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 15, 2016, 12:29:32 pm
more i think about it... if it's sec west it's Lashlee.

Nope, No love lost for Nutt, trust me.  Nutt hosed Lashlee over bigtime

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I don't believe it.
I think it's coach-speak to avoid controversy.

Also, to people who don't know the back story and specifically the coaching community, he'd look both petty and unappreciative towards the coach that took a chance on him.
Talk about creating problems with hiring coaches or getting hired as an assistant if he ever needs of be hired.

I'm happy we have BB over any coach other than Saban or Sweeney, but the Gus hate on here is unjustified and over the top.

EDIT:
Minus the animosity, is there any possible explanation for him leaving after only one year to Tulsa as a lateral move?
No.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: hogfan870 on August 15, 2016, 12:31:04 pm
It is kind of hard to believe that anyone said that - but of the candidates I have to agree with the writer that it was probably Horton.

I'm going with Horton

GuvHog

Hmm....I wasn't aware of that. thanks for the information.

GuvHog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 15, 2016, 03:01:31 pm
I don't believe it.

Also, to people who don't know the back story and specifically the coaching community, he'd look both petty and unappreciative towards the coach that took a chance on him.
Talk about creating problems with hiring coaches or getting hired as an assistant if he ever needs of be hired.

I'm happy we have BB over any coach other than Saban or Sweeney, but the Gus hate on here is unjustified and over the top.

Say what you want but if Gus hadn't done what he did to Mustain, I wouldn't despise him so much.

DLUXHOG

I'm thinking it was, somehow, this guy (reference to Nutt being a better character an all....)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ricepig

MultipleScoreGasms

Well, this anonymous couch obviously doesn't realize that it took HDN 10 years to win the same number of blow games at AR as CBB has won in his much shorter tenure.

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 15, 2016, 03:14:56 pm
I'm thinking it was, somehow, this guy (reference to Nutt being a better character an all....)

He looks like he won 2 blow games!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 15, 2016, 02:38:52 pm
No way it was Dave since Nutt through him under the bus as a sacrifice to appease the crowd flying banners + he's just not that kind of guy...................
best argument against it. and i agree with the horton is too classy for that crowd. It has to be Lashlee.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on August 15, 2016, 03:00:52 pm
Nope, No love lost for Nutt, trust me.  Nutt hosed Lashlee over bigtime
he paid him to play here even when he was a benchwarmer...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Biggus Piggus

My guess is that the source is a reporter not an actual coach. Somebody wanted that way-off-base comment in the story. And who on earth would characterize Nutt as a better person?
[CENSORED]!

PorkRinds

I figure it's someone with ties to Arkansas. So I'm going Gus or someone on his staff. Plus they're probably wanting to taint the waters here for CBB because they know they'll be looking for new jobs soon.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 15, 2016, 03:01:31 pm
I don't believe it.

EDIT:
Minus the animosity, is there any possible explanation for him leaving after only one year to Tulsa as a lateral move?
No.

Nobody believes it. MikeIrwin nearly exploded when he heard that.

Interestingly enough "unjustified and over the top" could just as accurately describe the amount of love and adoration Gus used to get around here.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 15, 2016, 03:40:46 pm
he paid him to play here even when he was a benchwarmer...

You're clueless.  Without getting too dtailed, Nutt convinced RL to stay and promised he'd pursue a medical, and didn't follow through.  Hung him out to dry

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on August 15, 2016, 04:12:17 pm
You're clueless.  Without getting too dtailed, Nutt convinced RL to stay and promised he'd pursue a medical, and didn't follow through.  Hung him out to dry
didn't know that. but that bit i said i stand behind. doesn't sound like lashlee would still love ole uncle hugh after all, though.

Back to my original suspect then, Davey Womack.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 15, 2016, 03:54:22 pm
I figure it's someone with ties to Arkansas. So I'm going Gus or someone on his staff. Plus they're probably wanting to taint the waters here for CBB because they know they'll be looking for new jobs soon.
a motive!!
@Slackaveli

Calling All Hogs

Maybe it was Saban. For some weird reason Saban always thought Nutt was a great coach and supposedly recommended him to LSU as his replacement back in 2004.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 15, 2016, 12:29:32 pm
more i think about it... if it's sec west it's Lashlee.
Haha! If so, GLASS HOUSES. Coming from a guy whose offense struggled ever scoring a TD in their own Spring game. Geeze  :puke:

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 15, 2016, 02:32:53 pm
I don't think it was any Auburn coach.  Gus does not allow potty mouths and the direct quote in the article was bull sh**.  Now if the coach had said bull crap then we all know it was Auburn.
Gus has control of his program? That's news

jkstock04

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on August 15, 2016, 04:29:50 pm
Maybe it was Saban. For some weird reason Saban always thought Nutt was a great coach and supposedly recommended him to LSU as his replacement back in 2004.
I was wondering the same...only deal there...publicly Saban seems to praise Bielema as well.

The Nutt comments are what really throw a wrench into this thing. Referring to him by his first name only surely has to be someone connected/close to Nutt.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Pittman.  sec coach.  Southeast eating coach.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: OTR on August 15, 2016, 05:07:24 pm
Pittman.  sec coach.  Southeast eating coach.

Golden Corral stockholders sell when they see Cheney and Pittman coming.

Truth.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hoggish1

a0ashle

In regards to Pittman what's the connection to Nutt?

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 15, 2016, 01:56:58 pm
I totally agree. While one could make a very weak case about Hooter having won ten games ONCE at the U of A, how on God's green earth ANYONE could say he's a better person than CBB is total lunacy. I suppose that particular "expert" conveniently forgot about all the chaos and dissension during the Mitch Mustain and the "Springdale Five" days, the "interesting" mass communications between HDN and his fellow board member Donna Bragg, the running off of Gus, the alienation of many of his players due to the antics of favored players that were allowed to harass and those not so favored by the staff, etc. etc. etc. The longer his tenure lasted the more obvious what a coward and punk Houston really was/is.
Every single player who was worth anything in Nutt's first year was a Danny Ford recruit. Ford could recruit defensive players quite well. Now Nutt did have one good season in 2006 and that was all Nutt's doing. He was fortunate enough to have Darren McFadden be a life-long UA fan, Peyton Hillis and Felix Jones. Still the most potent backfield in the SEC since the Hogs joined the SEC in the early 90's. This year is going to be a tipping point year in CBB's career here at the UA. We should go better than 7-5 in the regular season and if we don't, it will be a large disappointment. This season is coming upon us fast so we'll see which way our program is headed. My personal opinion is 9-3 with losses to TCU, AU and Ole Miss (only because they'll be sky-high to play us after we kept them from going to Atlanta last year).
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: rhog1 on August 15, 2016, 12:01:19 pm
http://www.arkansasfight.com/2016/8/15/12481758/which-anonymous-sec-coach-calling-out-bret-bielema-gridiron-now
"Arkansas is getting tired of Bielema's bs. He hasn't won over nine games. Houston (Nutt) won 10 and was a hell of a lot better person."

I agree with the writer it has to be one of our former coaches.
teresa

PP

LZH

Where is this "Arkansas fans are tired of dealing with BB's bull" coming from anyway? Hell man, I would be first in line to throw a fit if I didn't think he was doing a good job, everyone here knows that. Sounds like a little top-water bait to me, probably Gus' buddy Lashlee. And from what I understand, by the way, Gus and Bielema actually get along quite well. Take it for what it's worth.

FreshHog

Whoever it is is a straight up b!tch. Period.

Only [CENSORED] talk darn and then hide behind anonymity. Sounds like a real piece of darn who prob doesnt have any real friends.

Buff

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 15, 2016, 12:24:40 pm
wrong. He doesn't.

It's OBVIOUSLY Ole Piss DC Dave Womack. C'mon, guys.

Dave Womack, of LOLShark fame, master of the Stop-and-Look secondary?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Buff on August 15, 2016, 06:15:42 pm
Dave Womack, of LOLShark fame, master of the Stop-and-Look secondary?
that is HE
@Slackaveli

Jek Tono Porkins

Whoever said it wasn't that bright. Nutter did win 10 games one year out of 10. That's great. Half of the division had a losing record at that time. And Nutt underachieved with that team. If Bielema had Dmac, Felix, and Peyton he would have trampled every team like the buffalo trampled the Great Plains.

If Nutter is a better person than Bielema, then Bielema has to be a cocktail of Hitler, Stalin, and Genghis Khan.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: FreshHog on August 15, 2016, 06:12:57 pm
Whoever it is is a straight up b!tch. Period.

Only [CENSORED] talk darn and then hide behind anonymity. Sounds like a real piece of darn who prob doesnt have any real friends.

Good to know the censorship code is working properly, I think you tested about 75% of them. Good job R. Lee
This is my non-signature signature.

(notOM)Rebel123

Arkansas Fight/SB Nation probably just made it up to get hits on their site.
Hiding behind the "anonymous quote".... Geez.
Who cares?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

gawntrail

sickboy

I don't care who it was... I just don't like people speaking for us. We're Arkansas. Not you. And we'll damn well let you know when we're getting tired of anyone's bull. We're pretty good at that.

Jborohog09

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on August 15, 2016, 07:52:59 pm
Arkansas Fight/SB Nation probably just made it up to get hits on their site.
Hiding behind the "anonymous quote".... Geez.
Who cares?

They got the quote from another article from GridironNow. 

Seebs

It was Tim Brando pretending to be a coach.

I cannot comprehend anybody lauding HDN since he cannot find another job, anywhere, and was proven to be a cheat, a liar and a fraud.

Anybody endorsing him is cut of the same cloth.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Mulberry Squeezins

The more I think about it, the more I believe it might be Horton