Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anonymous SEC coach calls out Bret Bielema.

Started by rhog1, August 15, 2016, 12:01:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogs1091

Not really Horton's style to talk like that (wirty dord) and not really his style to talk about other Coaches.

I presume it was either Dave Wommack or Jim Chaney.  Chaney has not coached with Nutt, but Coaches know other Coaches via the coaching fraternity community via events such as coaching clinics, coaching conventions, and charity events attended by Coaches.  It is entirely possible that Chaney personally knows Nutt even though he did not coach with Nutt.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 15, 2016, 08:55:37 pm
Not really Horton's style to talk like that (wirty dord) and not really his style to talk about other Coaches.

I presume it was either Dave Wommack or Jim Chaney.  Chaney has not coached with Nutt, but Coaches know other Coaches via the coaching fraternity community via events such as coaching clinics, coaching conventions, and charity events attended by Coaches.  It is entirely possible that Chaney personally knows Nutt even though he did not coach with Nutt.

Yeah but I've heard from more than one person that Horton can't stand BB

Bubba's Bruisers

I try not being naive.  BB probably isn't as totally awesome of a guy we want to believe he is.  Don't care.  Just run clean and win.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

goodguytex

I'm more of the opinion that noone actually said anything and it's made up to stir stuff up. But if it actually was said, Chaney would be my best guess. Bielema has publicly made a little subtle but very much deserved jab at Chaney's play calling since he left. Chaney may feel very insulted, and is lashing out.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on August 15, 2016, 03:00:52 pm
Nope, No love lost for Nutt, trust me.  Nutt hosed Lashlee over bigtime

WOW...you used Nutt, hosed, and big time in the same sentence.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Mulberry Squeezins

moses_007

Whoever said this doesn't follow Arkansas that well.  Bielema hasn't won 9 games yet in a season at Arkansas.  Only 8 once....last season.

Pork Twain

Problem #1, the coach does not have the balls to call out CBB and attach his name to it and CBB has the balls to call out anyone...on air...any time. 

Problem #2, Houston Dale is not a better person than anyone and might only be equal to Petrino and Gus when it comes to how he is made as a human.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Sed76 on August 15, 2016, 12:05:56 pm
Wow, some butt hurt Nutt lover really has some hurt feelings.
I could pull so many jokes out of this lol
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 16, 2016, 07:02:36 am
Problem #1, the coach does not have the balls to call out CBB and attach his name to it and CBB has the balls to call out anyone...on air...any time. 

Problem #2, Houston Dale is not a better person than anyone and might only be equal to Petrino and Gus when it comes to how he is made as a human.

Problem #1 is one of the reasons I love our coach. He's not afraid to tell it like it is
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 16, 2016, 07:10:07 am
Problem #1 is one of the reasons I love our coach. He's not afraid to tell it like it is

I kind of wish our coach let the results on the field do more of the talking but it doesn't bother me enough to be mad at him.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hoggish1

Quote from: greenie on August 15, 2016, 01:09:35 pm
My first reaction to this is that it is a contrived, anonymous quote used as bait.

Bottom line...I don't care who, outside of our fan base and players, doesn't like our coach.  In fact, I take some satisfaction in knowing that he gets under the skin of the competition.  I like him and hope he stays a long time.

Finally...you think CBB cares what outsiders think?  No, and I like that about him, too.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 15, 2016, 08:58:05 pm
Did Wommack coach with BB?
Nope....... never... (I highly doubt that he has ever met CBB)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Piggfoot

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on August 15, 2016, 08:59:40 pm
Yeah but I've heard from more than one person that Horton can't stand BB
Horton may not like BB but BB offered him a job. Long nixed it.
Source: Horton's dad.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

hogcard1964

Someone thought Houston Nutt was a "good person"?     ;D

I hope the name of this clown is released.

ricepig

Quote from: Piggfoot on August 16, 2016, 09:53:05 am
Horton may not like BB but BB offered him a job. Long nixed it.
Source: Horton's dad.

So, Long didn't let Bielema pick his staff?

jkstock04

I don't understand why everyone is so butthurt about the anonymous part of this?

Every year in late summer they come out with these anonymous quotes from different SEC coaches. So ya...same thing every year. Of course they aren't going to attach their names to this...that's why it's anonymous. They are speaking freely without scrunity. Why have hurt feelings all the sudden over this when they do the same thing every year?

Hell look at Hogville. About .00001% of people on here have their own names out there plastered to what they post. Me included in the majority.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

JudgeHogg

Absolutely disagree!!! It's nice to have a coach without an ego.
JudgeHogg

Pork Twain

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 16, 2016, 10:05:17 am
I don't understand why everyone is so butthurt about the anonymous part of this?

Every year in late summer they come out with these anonymous quotes from different SEC coaches. So ya...same thing every year. Of course they aren't going to attach their names to this...that's why it's anonymous. They are speaking freely without scrunity. Why have hurt feelings all the sudden over this when they do the same thing every year?

Hell look at Hogville. About .00001% of people on here have their own names out there plastered to what they post. Me included in the majority.
I am not butthurt, I just don't like people that are brave enough to talk smack but not man enough to identify themselves.  A little cowardly in my book.  Especially when talking smack about a coach that is very open and honest with the media, to a fault.

I don't hide my name because I don't want anyone to know it, I use a screen name because it does not sound as good on a message board as one I can make up.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

FraggleHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 16, 2016, 10:15:51 am
I am not butthurt, I just don't like people that are brave enough to talk smack but not man enough to identify themselves.  A little cowardly in my book.  Especially when talking smack about a coach that is very open and honest with the media, to a fault.

I don't hide my name because I don't want anyone to know it, I use a screen name because it does not sound as good on a message board as one I can make up.

On top of that, someone who so evidently does not have a finger on the pulse of the feelings of the Arkansas fan base. His statements couldn't be further off point.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

ifghog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 16, 2016, 08:08:32 am
I kind of wish our coach let the results on the field do more of the talking but it doesn't bother me enough to be mad at him.
You probably like political correctness too don't you...

ZERO

I hate winning two Bowls in a row - something that's (embarrassingly) never been done at Arkansas.
I hate having players who don't thin the roster by being arrested all the time.
I hate recruiting to our needs.
And most of all, I hate our stupid head coach who isn't constantly throwing people under the bus and having an affair with a volleyball player or local TV anchor. He's a piece of $hit. Everyone knows constantly getting laid helps you win the big game and not lose the Capital One Bowl. Maybe if Coach Bielema ever got himself some strange and coached in a Capital One Bowl, he'd actually win it. But we all know that's never happened and could never possibly happen. Because Nutt is better and is a better person.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: ifghog on August 16, 2016, 10:36:13 am
You probably like political correctness too don't you...

Like political correctness? Not sure what you mean.  I would simply prefer that instead of someone TALKING about it, they BE about it. Is that what political correctness is?

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Corkscrew Johnson

Speaking on behalf of the Arkansas fanbase when you are not, in fact, one of that fanbase, is a dead giveaway of 1 of 2 things:
1. You are butthurt
2. You are scared

In the world of college football, if anything is as true as the sky is blue, fans are NOT afraid to opine on their coaching situation.  To pretend like you have to speak their mind for them, or in some way communicate to the public what the fanbase isn't saying themselves, means you have an agenda.  And a flimsy one at that. 

Go hogs.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on August 16, 2016, 12:19:15 pm
Turns out it was Chris Vaughn.

Link?  He's probably butthurt over the whipping the Hogs put on Texas.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 16, 2016, 12:23:59 pm
Link?  He's probably butthurt over the whipping the Hogs put on Texas.....
I'm kidding.  I'm hearing it COULD have been Willem Dafoe....
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

The OTR

FraggleHog

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on August 16, 2016, 12:19:15 pm
Turns out it was Chris Vaughn.

So a coach recently fired from Texas is considered an anonymous SEC coach? Is Vaughn even employed?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ZERO on August 16, 2016, 11:02:45 am
I hate winning two Bowls in a row - something that's (embarrassingly) never been done at Arkansas.
I hate having players who don't thin the roster by being arrested all the time.
I hate recruiting to our needs.
And most of all, I hate our stupid head coach who isn't constantly throwing people under the bus and having an affair with a volleyball player or local TV anchor. He's a piece of $hit. Everyone knows constantly getting laid helps you win the big game and not lose the Capital One Bowl. Maybe if Coach Bielema ever got himself some strange and coached in a Capital One Bowl, he'd actually win it. But we all know that's never happened and could never possibly happen. Because Nutt is better and is a better person.
I totally agree but we see a different version of BB here than , say, Wisky fans saw when he was chasing strange...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

FraggleHog

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 16, 2016, 01:07:55 pm
So a coach recently fired from Texas is considered an anonymous SEC coach? Is Vaughn even employed?

See above... Poster was joking

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

jkstock04

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 16, 2016, 10:15:51 am

You should point blame towards this anonymous question/answer process then is what I'm saying. Anthlon or gridiron.com should shoulder the blame...this is their deal.

Do you really expect them to tell who they are on anonymous questioning? Or do you expect them to say only nice things?

Like I said, this is the same thing every year they do this...nothing new. They talk smack about each other every year. Sports/coaches talking is often times more PC than politics. It would most times be career suicide if a coach spoke what he was really thinking in front of the cameras.

More I think about it, I am actually starting to lean towards this being Saban. He thought or thinks highly of Nutt...and they way he refered to him as "Houston"...ya i don't think it was Horton or Gus.

All the more reason y'all shouldn't cheer Alabama on to national championships every season.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

earshot

Does anyone else find it funny that Nutt's only 10 win season ended in a loss to Coach B.

oldhawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 16, 2016, 01:14:03 pm
I totally agree but we see a different version of BB here than , say, Wisky fans saw when he was chasing strange...

Wasn't he single for most of his tenure at Wisconsin?  Things change (or at least they should) when one gets married. 

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: earshot on August 16, 2016, 01:56:57 pm
Does anyone else find it funny that Nutt's only 10 win season ended in a loss to Coach B.

Not really. I was at that game...

The OTR

did we figure this out? I'm at work and can't read all this

crib notes?

The OTR

Quote from: oldhawg on August 16, 2016, 02:19:38 pm
Wasn't he single for most of his tenure at Wisconsin?  Things change (or at least they should) when one gets married.

yes, and you would think in a liberal town like Madison, he would not have had people criticizing him for hitting a bar or three

but they did

bet he likes the downhome atmosphere here better

The OTR

Quote from: greenie on August 15, 2016, 01:09:35 pm
My first reaction to this is that it is a contrived, anonymous quote used as bait.

If this is a real quote, it's likely not a head coach and thus is someone with real butt hurt over CBB and a soft spot for Nutt.  Horton is an obvious suspect, but there could be lots of assistants that got bent sideways over some of CBB's comments on recruiting tactics, handling of players after bad behavior, etc. 

Bottom line...I don't care who, outside of our fan base and players, doesn't like our coach.  In fact, I take some satisfaction in knowing that he gets under the skin of the competition.  I like him and hope he stays a long time.

Finally...you think CBB cares what outsiders think?  No, and I like that about him, too.

amen brother

a0ashle

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on August 16, 2016, 02:24:19 pm
yes, and you would think in a liberal town like Madison, he would not have had people criticizing him for hitting a bar or three

but they did

bet he likes the downhome atmosphere here better

No true sconnie would criticize someone for hitting a bar. Those people practically live there.

Source:
http://www.wpr.org/wisconsin-heaviest-drinking-state-country-study-finds

wholehog92

My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

The OTR

wholehog92

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on August 16, 2016, 02:40:47 pm
really? haha

With Nutt for the 10 win season and followed him to MS (has loyalty to Nutt).  At GA now where the conversations about Brett with Chaney and Pittman are less than complimentary.  Not connected enough to AR to know that BB is not in any sort of trouble with the fans.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

idochog

Wommack would be my guess.  He's always sucked at the HDN teet.  It would almost have to be a Nutt Lover.
I love Jesus!

FraggleHog

Quote from: idochog on August 16, 2016, 02:47:15 pm
Wommack would be my guess.  He's always sucked at the HDN teet.  It would almost have to be  is most definitely a Nutt Lover.

FIFY

Hogeration

I know one thing.  If it is possible to find out who said it, Hogville will track it down.

gawntrail

Quote from: Hogeration on August 16, 2016, 03:15:15 pm
I know one thing.  If it is possible to find out who said it, Hogville will track it down.

Hogville only needs FlightTracker and a source......  We can get to the bottom of anything.