Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anonymous SEC coach calls out Bret Bielema.

Started by rhog1, August 15, 2016, 12:01:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

August 15, 2016, 12:01:19 pm Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 02:24:55 pm by rhog1
http://www.arkansasfight.com/2016/8/15/12481758/which-anonymous-sec-coach-calling-out-bret-bielema-gridiron-now
"Arkansas is getting tired of Bielema's bs. He hasn't won over nine games. Houston (Nutt) won 10 and was a hell of a lot better person."

I agree with the writer it has to be one of our former coaches.

Sed76

Wow, some butt hurt Nutt lover really has some hurt feelings.

010HogFan

I don't know anyone who's "getting tired" of him. Most people I know think he is building the program the right way and realize that it will take time

IronMountainHog

Jborohog09

Pudgepork

Markeson has a personal interest in CBB lol.   But it said SEC coach.  There's a cupola guys at UGA and one at Aubie to consider

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

WooPig90

Tusks

HDN is a better person than BB ... wow let that soak in and you realize it's a quote from an idiot.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

aloha_kid

Quote from: rhog1 on August 15, 2016, 12:01:19 pm
http://www.arkansasfight.com/2016/8/15/12481758/which-anonymous-sec-coach-calling-out-bret-bielema-gridiron-now
"Arkansas is getting tired of Bielema's bs. He hasn't won over nine games. Houston (Nutt) won 10 and was a hell of a lot better person."

I agree with the writer it has to be one of our former coaches.

If someone says it on the record anonymously, it speaks volumes about them and their cowardice.

Pudgepork

Quote from: aloha_kid on August 15, 2016, 12:18:28 pm
If someone says it on the record anonymously, it speaks volumes about them and their cowardice.

This is true

King Kong

Dang Gus. I didn't realize you liked Houston that much

100%Razorback

Maybe it's a joke and Coach B said that about himself.  ???

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: King Kong on August 15, 2016, 12:21:39 pm
wrong. He doesn't.

It's OBVIOUSLY Ole Piss DC Dave Womack. C'mon, guys.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: WooPig90 on August 15, 2016, 12:15:35 pm
Horton mad that he didnt get retained by Bret
at least u tried. could be, but i'm still going w womack.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Jborohog09

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 15, 2016, 12:24:40 pm
wrong. He doesn't.

It's OBVIOUSLY Ole Piss DC Dave Womack. C'mon, guys.

Didn't HDN fire him, though? 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: King Kong on August 15, 2016, 12:21:39 pm
That is how you know it wasn't Gus.

a0ashle

Quote from: aloha_kid on August 15, 2016, 12:18:28 pm

Not to mention that it was comments on his favorability and community support, most of the anonymous coach quotes I see are evaluations of talent. Seems like that is a cowardly line to cross.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Jborohog09 on August 15, 2016, 12:26:17 pm
Didn't HDN fire him, though?
did he? can't remember. maybe it's pittman or chaney but i thought dude said sec west. maybe it was rhett lashlee's ho ass.

The Kig

Quote from: Jborohog09 on August 15, 2016, 12:09:46 pm
Maybe, but what connection does he have to HDN?

Not so much of a connection,  but you don't have to be on staff very long before someone will give you a full history lesson.  The "better person" comment makes is more likely that it was someone who worked for Nutt, but it wouldn't be surprising at all for Chaney to make that sort of dig.  His massive butt has a ton of real estate to be hurt. 
Poker Porker

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: a0ashle on August 15, 2016, 12:27:27 pm
Not to mention that it was comments on his favorability and community support, most of the anonymous coach quotes I see are evaluations of talent. Seems like that is a cowardly line to cross.
more i think about it... if it's sec west it's Lashlee.

hogfan870

It is kind of hard to believe that anyone said that - but of the candidates I have to agree with the writer that it was probably Horton.   

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogfan870 on August 15, 2016, 12:31:04 pm
It is kind of hard to believe that anyone said that - but of the candidates I have to agree with the writer that it was probably Horton.
everyone always says horton was a class ac t tho. nobody ever says that about rhett lashlee's ho ass. he is a douchecanoe.

Jborohog09

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 15, 2016, 12:28:56 pm
did he? can't remember. maybe it's pittman or chaney but i thought dude said sec west. maybe it was rhett lashlee's ho ass.

He did, but in this article Wommack says that HDN was "the best thing that's happened to the University of Arkansas."  So it could be him.  Who knows.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/arkansas-defensive-coordinator-wommack-fired/article_9f873378-e6c6-5cda-b024-6731f9f2e8ce.html

PonderinHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 15, 2016, 12:28:56 pm
Ebola needs to get on this ASAP!   >:(

Professor Psychosis

I mean some of us might've started to get a little tired of him after the Toledo and Texas Tech games last year.  But he hasn't said anything controversial this offseason and we finished strong last season, so I'm back where I was before last year:  Cautiously optimistic.

Rather have Bielema than Nutt, that's for sure.  I don't know anyone who thinks differently.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Having Nutt back at Arkansas would be every SEC west coaches dream. He was mediocre when the West was mediocre, but he showed his true form in Oxford. SEC WEST has evolved since his early days here.

a0ashle

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on August 15, 2016, 12:42:26 pm
Having Nutt back at Arkansas would be every SEC west coaches dream. He was mediocre when the West was mediocre, but he showed his true form in Oxford. SEC WEST has evolved since his early days here.

Read through the other quotes about Arkansas from other coaches and it is pretty evident they have a lot of respect for CBB and what he is doing here.

hawgwash

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 15, 2016, 12:29:32 pm
more i think about it... if it's sec west it's Lashlee.
I really doubt it.  He's joined at the hip to Gus.

Steef

Quote from: tusked on August 15, 2016, 12:16:14 pm
HDN is a better person than BB ... wow let that soak in and you realize it's a quote from an idiot.

FraggleHog

So much asininity (I may have just invented a new word) in this statement, it's laughable...

First off, the article is correct! BB's approval record is WAY higher than any of HDN's approval records (except for year one for each respective coach, maybe). Second off, Yes this is an obvious smear job from a Nutt Hugger. I love it! And.... HDN is a better person? Give me a f'in break.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

greenie

My first reaction to this is that it is a contrived, anonymous quote used as bait.

If this is a real quote, it's likely not a head coach and thus is someone with real butt hurt over CBB and a soft spot for Nutt.  Horton is an obvious suspect, but there could be lots of assistants that got bent sideways over some of CBB's comments on recruiting tactics, handling of players after bad behavior, etc. 

Bottom line...I don't care who, outside of our fan base and players, doesn't like our coach.  In fact, I take some satisfaction in knowing that he gets under the skin of the competition.  I like him and hope he stays a long time.

Finally...you think CBB cares what outsiders think?  No, and I like that about him, too.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Well obviously Gus did it.

I mean he's the original source of sin, the reason any and every act of violence occurs, and is directly responsible for stale oatmeal.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

TexHog188

Lots of guys out there know the hogs are about to be top shelf.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

a0ashle

I have a new theory, I think Kliff Kingsbury had some leftover A&M stationary and mailed in his anonymous quote  :D

hogsfan31

August 15, 2016, 01:23:29 pm #35 Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:41:21 pm by hogsfan31
IMO there is only two places this would have come from.

Auburn and I don't think it was Gus, so IMO someone like Tim Horton

OR

Ole Miss, and I wouldn't put it past Freeze or Wommack to say either one of those things, but I doubt it was Freeze since they praised Houston Nutt lmao.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if it came from anyone. I think it's BS from gridiron.

Athlon sports does this article every year, and not one comment came close to this for Arkansas or Coach B. Just trying to stir the pot IMO.

The NewEra

The Poll I saw showed Bielema with around 80% fan base support.  Whoever it was doesn't get outside their small group of B haters.

riccoar

I'd say Womack.  But westside should be around soon to defend Nutt.

Peter Porker

Quote from: WooPig90 on August 15, 2016, 12:15:35 pm
Horton mad that he didnt get retained by Bret

Tim Horton is too classy to do that.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

AirWarren

rljjr

Hawgzinbowlz

CBB's approval rating is very positive in Arkansas.

Let the little man come out from behind the skirts of anonymity.

Gutless coward.

" GO HOGS "

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 15, 2016, 01:16:51 pm
Well obviously Gus did it.

I mean he's the original source of sin, the reason any and every act of violence occurs, and is directly responsible for stale oatmeal.

You forget to mention that he is the guy that invented posting "glory hole" ads on Craigslist while posing as a female.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Jborohog09 on August 15, 2016, 12:09:46 pm
Maybe, but what connection does he have to HDN?
Neither one could develop a quarterback. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: tusked on August 15, 2016, 12:16:14 pm
I totally agree. While one could make a very weak case about Hooter having won ten games ONCE at the U of A, how on God's green earth ANYONE could say he's a better person than CBB is total lunacy. I suppose that particular "expert" conveniently forgot about all the chaos and dissension during the Mitch Mustain and the "Springdale Five" days, the "interesting" mass communications between HDN and his fellow board member Donna Bragg, the running off of Gus, the alienation of many of his players due to the antics of favored players that were allowed to harass and those not so favored by the staff, etc. etc. etc. The longer his tenure lasted the more obvious what a coward and punk Houston really was/is.

Hawgar The Horrible

The original article being cited:

http://gridironnow.com/sec-coaches-anonymous-west-division-discussion/

Not that big of a deal. The other comments were pretty flattering. I think Dave is still pissed about his defense giving up that 4th and 25. And seeing it highlighted day after day after day after day after day... LMAO!
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

yraciv

Quote from: riccoar on August 15, 2016, 01:46:23 pm
I'd say Womack.  But westside should be around soon to defend Nutt.

That would be my first guess. Lashlee is a Malzahn guy, so you know he is just going to echo Malzahn's HDN opinions.  Although, I wouldn't put it against someone with no ties to Arkansas saying that.  HDN was a player's coach and not out to make enemies in conference. Coach B ruffles people the wrong way on occasion and I wouldn't have it any other way.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

FraggleHog

Quote from: yraciv on August 15, 2016, 02:00:45 pm
That would be my first guess. Lashlee is a Malzahn guy, so you know he is just going to echo Malzahn's HDN opinions. Although, I wouldn't put it against someone with no ties to Arkansas saying that.  HDN was a player's coach and not out to make enemies in conference. Coach B ruffles people the wrong way on occasion and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Not sure if I read your comment the right way, but if you're referring to Lashlee, he played for Nutt at Arkansas as a QB from '02-'04.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 15, 2016, 01:53:46 pm
You forget to mention that he is the guy that invented posting "glory hole" ads on Craigslist while posing as a female.

Well I can forgive his source of sin and all violence.

Causing oatmeal to go stale crosses the line for me.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?