Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Team walk up music when the hog gate opens....

Started by hogzilla3, August 06, 2016, 10:24:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DLUXHOG

Theme from the movie "Gladiator" would be fine.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

WooPig90

Do some of yall want the fans to go to sleep during this or what?!

BPsTheMan

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 07, 2016, 01:50:26 am
Play Elvis' version of American Trilogy...."oh wait, only part of that song meets the PC requirements"....never mind

yourbant

BPsTheMan

Quote from: snoblind on August 07, 2016, 01:07:52 pm
Somebody gets it.  Instead of running through the A just have the team walk in along the side of the field so Jeff has time to walk another group or two through.

:)

yourbant

snoblind

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on August 09, 2016, 12:20:59 pm

yourbant

And here I was recommending to my buddy Jeff that you were one of folks he walked through the A.

010HogFan

Quote from: WooPig90 on August 09, 2016, 11:42:39 am

that's what I'm sayin. we should rename this thread favorite Flashback Friday songs

El Puerco Grande

It is not PC, but "Killing in the name of" will get yo blood pumping!
How 'bout them hogs?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: WooPig90 on August 09, 2016, 11:42:39 am

So as I don't need to go look at your previous post would you please expound on that statement?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: 010HogFan on August 08, 2016, 12:31:46 pm
Nah. Only someone who doesn't like rap would say that. If it's the new stuff you don't like (I'll admit it isn't as good as it once was), then even something older would suffice.

Rap did the same thing heavy metal did in the 70's.  Rap was popular for awhile but nothing like rock n roll.  After awhile the good rappers and the ones that grew up on rap figured out that if you put decent lyrics to a good beat your music will be more popular and last longer.

You simply don't hear the old style rap on mainstream anymore...and that's because as music goes it sucked!

Peter Porker

We just need an epic movie soundtrack song. Gladiator, Braveheart, Lord of the Rings, etc. You associate the music with the scene from the movie and stirs emotions. Not everyone is going to like a rock song from nearly 50 years ago or a recent rap song  or a bad rock/rap song.

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

010HogFan

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 10, 2016, 01:23:47 pm
Rap did the same thing heavy metal did in the 70's.  Rap was popular for awhile but nothing like rock n roll.  After awhile the good rappers and the ones that grew up on rap figured out that if you put decent lyrics to a good beat your music will be more popular and last longer.

You simply don't hear the old style rap on mainstream anymore...and that's because as music goes it sucked!

that's an opinion. I like rap and think it does well at getting people fired up, especially the players and younger fans that can generally make more noise than anyone else, but what do I know..

RME

Quote from: 010HogFan on August 10, 2016, 02:20:31 pm
that's an opinion. I like rap and think it does well at getting people fired up, especially the players and younger fans that can generally make more noise than anyone else, but what do I know..

Damn millennials.

010HogFan

WMHawgfan

Quote from: cosmodrum on August 08, 2016, 03:33:21 pm
Or "5 Minutes Alone" by Pantera. I drove away from my wedding reception jamming this. Wife's granny wasn't impressed.

I could go for either of your ideas.
Take it one step further. Maybe a little Hell Awaits by Slayer

cosmodrum

Quote from: WMHawgfan on August 10, 2016, 02:44:10 pm
I could go for either of your ideas.
Take it one step further. Maybe a little Hell Awaits by Slayer

Almost posted Cowboys from Hell, too.
Go away, batin'

JIHawg

RME

I'm good with whatever the players want but maybe that's just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rayzback

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on August 08, 2016, 12:42:58 pm
Would've been perfect if they would have the bass drop after the buildup intro.

More bass on the Purge (TRap) intro for sure... I picture the fireworks going off at the buildup and the players coming through the fog.  Intimidate.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 08, 2016, 01:30:33 pm
I wanna be the very best
Like no hog ever was
To beat them is our real test
be uncommon is our cause

SEC GOTTA BEAT EM ALL
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

cosmodrum

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 11, 2016, 12:40:47 am
I'm good with whatever the players want but maybe that's just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm good with whatever thread the posters want since it's slow right now but maybe that's just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Go away, batin'

RME

Quote from: cosmodrum on August 11, 2016, 02:36:08 pm
I'm good with whatever thread the posters want since it's slow right now but maybe that's just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, I doubt a bunch of 18-22 year olds from all different walks of life would name Pantera as their #1 choice but if it's what the fans want, then so be it.

M

hamARchy in the USA

Some good suggestions.

A couple more:

AC/DC -- This House is on Fire
          -- Are You Ready

hawganatic

Quote from: soooieman on August 07, 2016, 02:29:23 am
The sirens go off to the intro of "War Pigs" game over.

Isn't War Pigs a song about sending soldiers to get slaughtered?  Not a message to send the team to the field on...

Great song though...

El Duderino

I always thought Gimme Shelter would be a great intro song.  Some MMA fans might remember Big Nog walking out to this at a UFC event several years ago.  Gate opens about 20 seconds in when the rhythm guitar part picks up

cosmodrum

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 11, 2016, 05:05:43 pm
I mean, I doubt a bunch of 18-22 year olds from all different walks of life would name Pantera as their #1 choice but if it's what the fans want, then so be it.

Just killing time.
Go away, batin'

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

PorkSoda

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 08, 2016, 02:25:02 pm

If this doesn't get you so pumped up you could run through a brick wall, then I don't know what will.
lol, would be a good one for LSU

wonder if wisconsin will use this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6CDFn2i3I

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

GoHogs1091

I personally feel that we should walk up to the gate and run out onto the field with Smooth Jazz playing.  Smooth Jazz would calm our players down and relax them.  We would get better win-loss results by not being uptight and by being smooth operators while playing during the game. 

Smooth operators such as Thomas Edison, Sam Walton, and Retief Goosen (who won a U.S. Open at Southern Hills and a U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills, 2 of the top 4 golf courses in the United States, and also probably the world) got high-level results versus uptight underachievers such as Auburn Football and Don J. Trump (4 bankruptcies).

Here is the Smooth Jazz song that we should run out onto the field with.  The Artist is Kool & Klean and the song is titled "Sail."

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

RME

Hog 48

rzrbackramsfan

VegasHog

AirWarren

jkstock04

Quote from: 010HogFan on August 10, 2016, 08:40:53 am
that's what I'm sayin. we should rename this thread favorite Flashback Friday songs
Look at the demographics of people that attend the games. Do you really think people want to hear rap music? LOL
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkRyan

I love the Trap Siren from The Purge.  Greenwood High school does a mix up with a siren to start and then followed by the opening of The Game by Motorhead, followed by the into from Enter Sandman while the siren is going off.  We could do a mashup of Trap Siren and some other stuff and that would be pretty awesome. 

jkstock04

My vote would go for something like Rob Zombie Superbeast. Loud and fast.

https://youtu.be/uHBtpqbOKXk
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

cosmodrum

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 19, 2016, 01:40:05 pm
My vote would go for something like Rob Zombie Superbeast. Loud and fast.

https://youtu.be/uHBtpqbOKXk

I could get down with some White Zombie - Thunderkiss 1965
Go away, batin'

AirWarren

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 19, 2016, 01:33:10 pm
Look at the demographics of people that attend the games. Do you really think people want to hear rap music? LOL

Demographics of the people that attend games? Haha. More like the entire demographic up there. Might as well play Hank Jr. 

I think rob zombie would be sweet. Anything metal with a great opening part of a song.

AirWarren

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: El Duderino on August 12, 2016, 09:54:55 am
I always thought Gimme Shelter would be a great intro song.  Some MMA fans might remember Big Nog walking out to this at a UFC event several years ago.  Gate opens about 20 seconds in when the rhythm guitar part picks up

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 12, 2016, 08:33:33 pm
lol, would be a good one for LSU

wonder if wisconsin will use this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6CDFn2i3I

I could actually envision the whole of the stadium in wiconsin jumping up and down each time they say badger and getting pumped up to that song.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

SquidBilly

Find some good EDM music to walk into.  Maybe Hey Brother by Avicii.  😀