Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Austin Capps

Started by Hogswarts, July 27, 2016, 08:54:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scorekeeper

Quote from: mhsbc59 on July 29, 2016, 02:20:46 pm
After watching the film the kid has great atheism for a big man but if he doesn't learn to stop giving up his chest he is going to get mauled by SEC olinemen
He does have good atheism and you are right smaller guys are usually more atheist.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

longpig

After watching the film the kid has great atheism for a big man but if he doesn't learn to stop giving up his chest he is going to get mauled by SEC olinemen

You noticed he didn't participate in team prayer too?
Don't be scared, be smart.

Tyro3

AirWarren

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 29, 2016, 09:05:42 am
Warren football is irrelevant. I've seen decades of goobers who thought they could judge high school players based on how they played against their favorite teams. They were all full of crap.

I've seen:

Bret smith- university of Tennessee
Roshaun fellows- university of Tennessee- all freshman sec
Greg childs- need I say more.
Jarius wright- need I say more
Chris Gragg- need I say more
Ricardo kemp- university of Tennessee

I'll take the D1 talent I've personally seen before college, REAL D1 talent, with 3 that went/currently in the NFL instead of what some message board all star thinks.

You can thank WARREN PLAYERS for many wins while playing for the Razorbacks, goober.

AirWarren

Quote from: Seebs on July 29, 2016, 08:14:00 am
Someone needs a trip to da sonic in Alma. You trolled at 9:53, got a taker and blasted him at 10:02. Waited 10 minutes for a bait taker. Sad little man and the definition of a troll.

Calling someone little man behind the computer. Excellent.

PonderinHog

AirWarren

presidenthog

Quote from: RebelW on July 28, 2016, 01:47:47 pm
Briston Guidry will be taking over the JL's DT spot. Guidry has the explosiveness not Capps. Capps will play against run heavy teams, or will be switched to OL. Mark my words
this guy has a very accurate statement. guidry is the next philon/Ledbetter.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: RebelW on July 28, 2016, 01:47:47 pm
Briston Guidry will be taking over the JL's DT spot. Guidry has the explosiveness not Capps. Capps will play against run heavy teams, or will be switched to OL. Mark my words

Hold on there my friend. I'm not sure that any of us can identify exactly when either of these two are going to be utilized at this point. They both have their strengths and they are both just getting started. I'll say this, if a 300+ lb. young man can execute a standing broad jump of 9 feet (as Capps did) he has some explosiveness. I'm waiting to see what the staff has to say as fall camp progresses.
Go Hogs Go!

RebelW

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 30, 2016, 09:09:16 am
Hold on there my friend. I'm not sure that any of us can identify exactly when either of these two are going to be utilized at this point. They both have their strengths and they are both just getting started. I'll say this, if a 300+ lb. young man can execute a standing broad jump of 9 feet (as Capps did) he has some explosiveness. I'm waiting to see what the staff has to say as fall camp progresses.
I'm waiting as well my friend. I'm just stating my opinion on a Discussion board. That's what we do hear right?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: RebelW on July 30, 2016, 09:28:14 am
I'm waiting as well my friend. I'm just stating my opinion on a Discussion board. That's what we do hear right?

Don't get offended, that wasn't my intent. You said, "mark my words", which is pretty strong. I was just responding. We can do that "hear", right? Lighten up amigo. ;)
Go Hogs Go!

lrar4hogs

Quote from: supersaint on July 28, 2016, 10:46:00 am
Kind of reminds me of Verl Mitchell from Greene County Tech (early 90's).

Man, somebody I hadn't heard in a while.  One has to be a northeast Arkie or GCT alum or both.  I like the comparison.  Verl went on to be a good SEC offensive lineman.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: longpig on July 29, 2016, 02:53:22 pm
You noticed he didn't participate in team prayer too?

I had to explain my outburst of laughter to my wife.

Having a blocking tight end that everyone "knows" is a blocking TD is great. That's the guy that going to catch touchdown passes and play action passes for crucial first downs.

mhsbc59

Quote from: scorekeeper on July 29, 2016, 02:51:40 pm
He does have good atheism and you are right smaller guys are usually more atheist.
thats funny you got me there
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

mhsbc59

Quote from: ricepig on July 29, 2016, 02:35:24 pm
That's what college and a redshirt is for, teaching.

Its also why he may end up being and OL instead of a DL, and why other big schools only want him as an OL
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

ricepig

Quote from: mhsbc59 on July 31, 2016, 01:44:12 pm
Its also why he may end up being and OL instead of a DL, and why other big schools only want him as an OL

I never read that, could be.......

cc

He is playing the ng (shade center) right now.  He will play where they need him most but is playing that ng position as of now.

I have watched him run down running backs from sideline to sideline yes even Warren running backs.  I haven't just watched DI talent but played against Bassil, Carl Kidd, Eric Hobbs, Robert Woodus sp? and others.  That doesn't mean I know more than all the SEC coaches.  Dominated? What a joke.  Was held, chop blocked, and triple teamed all while still making plays.  Some of you guys need to keep your mouth shut so most just think you are a fool instead of opening it and proving us right.

theFlyingHog

So do Warren fans shoot their wives after a loss like Alabama fans? AP85 makes me feel like I've never been a real fan

deedster84

Quote from: lrar4hogs on July 30, 2016, 01:08:34 pm
Man, somebody I hadn't heard in a while.  One has to be a northeast Arkie or GCT alum or both.  I like the comparison.  Verl went on to be a good SEC offensive lineman.

I know. I had to text Verl and let him know he was being compared with Capps on here.

bigdaddyhawg

Could someone please tell me how this clown can belittle Austin Capps with an obvious agenda and nothing happens to his posts or this thread, while Ebolin's frank take on players gets canned?

Sorry mods, but something is not right with that.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

supersaint

Quote from: deedster84 on August 01, 2016, 02:10:45 am
I know. I had to text Verl and let him know he was being compared with Capps on here.

I bet Verl will get a kick out of this.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

AirWarren

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 01, 2016, 08:13:10 am
Could someone please tell me how this clown can belittle Austin Capps with an obvious agenda and nothing happens to his posts or this thread, while Ebolin's frank take on players gets canned?

Sorry mods, but something is not right with that.

I simply stated, in relation to the theme of the OP's original post, that I have seen him both on offense and defense and "I personally think he is a better offensive lineman". And all you grown babies get your feelings on your shoulders and accuse of me attacking him. If that's attacking, please, remove me from this site.

LZH

Quote from: AP85 on August 01, 2016, 06:21:21 pm
I simply stated, in relation to the theme of the OP's original post, that I have seen him both on offense and defense and "I personally think he is a better offensive lineman". And all you grown babies get your feelings on your shoulders and accuse of me attacking him. If that's attacking, please, remove me from this site.

Knock yourself out.

NEARHOG_72

Quote from: supersaint on August 01, 2016, 09:48:25 am
I bet Verl will get a kick out of this.

He did.  ;)  Offense or defense, so long as Capps plays his heart out on every last play, he will do fine.  My two cents though....at 6'3", 300lbs he has offensive guard written all over him.  He will have to be nothing short of a phenom (in SEC, not HS) in order to remain on d line. 

(and MODS need to make the captcha phrases BIGGER for us old folks with bad eyes.  LOL!)

KlubhouseKonnected

I am Tim Tebow's profound disappointment
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

AirWarren

deedster84

Quote from: NEARHOG_72 on August 01, 2016, 07:19:33 pm
He did.  ;)  Offense or defense, so long as Capps plays his heart out on every last play, he will do fine.  My two cents though....at 6'3", 300lbs he has offensive guard written all over him.  He will have to be nothing short of a phenom (in SEC, not HS) in order to remain on d line. 

(and MODS need to make the captcha phrases BIGGER for us old folks with bad eyes.  LOL!)

You should know. About the position and eyes. Nice moniker.

cc

Austin measured 6'4 barefoot recently and is 305.  He could put on several more pounds of right weight over the next 3-4 years and maintain his quickness.  He is so naturally strong and a good athlete.  His dad was an all-state TE at McGehee when they won state championships in mid to late 80's.  Greg was a really good basketball player as well.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 29, 2016, 09:05:42 am
I've seen decades of goobers who thought they could judge high school players based on how they played against their favorite teams. They were all full of crap.

How many work for Scout?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

supersaint

I was your roommate that first summer at College Park. 

LZH

Quote from: cc on August 02, 2016, 07:49:01 am
Austin measured 6'4 barefoot recently and is 305.  He could put on several more pounds of right weight over the next 3-4 years and maintain his quickness.  He is so naturally strong and a good athlete.  His dad was an all-state TE at McGehee when they won state championships in mid to late 80's.  Greg was a really good basketball player as well.

Far out. I didn't know that was Greg's son. I knew him, and his grandparents lived 4 doors down from us when I was a kid.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: AP85 on July 30, 2016, 12:04:58 am
I've seen:

Bret smith- university of Tennessee
Roshaun fellows- university of Tennessee- all freshman sec
Greg childs- need I say more.
Jarius wright- need I say more
Chris Gragg- need I say more
Ricardo kemp- university of Tennessee

I'll take the D1 talent I've personally seen before college, REAL D1 talent, with 3 that went/currently in the NFL instead of what some message board all star thinks.

You can thank WARREN PLAYERS for many wins while playing for the Razorbacks, goober.

Then why are you still full of crap?
[CENSORED]!

AirWarren

NEARHOG_72

Don't forget Brian "Corndog" Cornish from Warren!

supersaint

Quote from: NEARHOG_72 on August 03, 2016, 01:07:50 pm
Don't forget Brian "Corndog" Cornish from Warren!

Or Jay Nelson

AirWarren

Keep the razorback tradition alive Warren!

Piggfoot

Quote from: AP85 on August 03, 2016, 10:22:59 pm
Keep the razorback tradition alive Warren!
say does Warren still recruit kids from out of the district and give their daddies jobs? They used to do that quite frequently. The mill got a lot if its employees that way.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

AirWarren

Quote from: Piggfoot on August 04, 2016, 08:11:23 am
say does Warren still recruit kids from out of the district and give their daddies jobs? They used to do that quite frequently. The mill got a lot if its employees that way.

We are the PA of southeast Arkansas. And it's not the mill, it's the warren post office for our daddy job pipeline.

Piggfoot

I suppose that's so in todays time but years ago it was Potlatch. 😉
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

AirWarren

Quote from: Piggfoot on August 04, 2016, 09:27:18 pm

Piggly wiggly  was a hot recruiting tool too.

#1 STUNNA

you build it...they will come!!

cc

Quote from: Piggfoot on August 04, 2016, 09:27:18 pm

Timber industry not quite as good these days.  They did poach kids from smaller surrounding districts.  Kids got in better weight program, good coaching, and more PR for scholarships.  It happens and cant blame a kid or parent I don't guess.  Not a Warren fan, but they did turn out some players.  I remember them being an easy win back in the late 80's early 90's but not anymore for sure.  Bo knows football and turned it around.  Just glad to see Hog staffs repair what a previous coach did not have - a good relationship with the Warren HC.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: cc on August 01, 2016, 12:00:09 am
He is playing the ng (shade center) right now.  He will play where they need him most but is playing that ng position as of now.

I have watched him run down running backs from sideline to sideline yes even Warren running backs.  I haven't just watched DI talent but played against Bassil, Carl Kidd, Eric Hobbs, Robert Woodus sp? and others.  That doesn't mean I know more than all the SEC coaches.  Dominated? What a joke.  Was held, chop blocked, and triple teamed all while still making plays.  Some of you guys need to keep your mouth shut so most just think you are a fool instead of opening it and proving us right.
Great post I am amazed at how some will tear down a kid when they don't even see that he's being held and chopped. I have friends from Alma that were so unimpressed with DMac it was unreal. I mean he was a waste of a schollie.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: scorekeeper on July 29, 2016, 02:51:40 pm
[CENSORED]!

AlmaHog2011

Looks like Austin is going to play this year and be a NG-DT..Where are all those experts that were posting he played a small school and they weren't impressed? Where are you guys?

BB seems to be very impressed...Kid will probably be all SEC by his soph year.

blu

Great news. He, Sosa, and Guidry could be quite the haul on the DL.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Carl Lazlo

Watching Warren two-a-days?

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on August 17, 2016, 08:21:48 pm
Watching Warren two-a-days?

...while telling everyone he could throw a football over that mountain.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: blu on August 17, 2016, 08:21:19 pm
Great news. He, Sosa, and Guidry could be quite the haul on the DL.

Man you are right that is as good of talent as I can remember? And appears they are going to bring in some more next year.

Dline is the core of the defense it can make up for a poor secondary and make it easier on linebackers. I love the talent they are bring in.

Bubba's Bruisers

Is Marshall a DT or DE? 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15