Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I like the hire better than I did the Bert hire

Started by hawgon, December 05, 2017, 09:25:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

He just going to have to win quick.  There will be very little honeymoon unless he actually does get Venables to come.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

thebignasty

I like the offense.  Need the financial support to get a killer recruiting staff. Need to figure out a way to play some defense.

hawgon

If we're serious about winning.  He needs to hire Trooper Taylor and get to work.

SooieGeneris

The schedule is definitely the easiest we have played in several years. Not easy mind you, but not in the Top 5 toughest in the country like we've been playing.

The 2nd game of the season will be critical, Colorado State there. We better win that one and beat N. TX the next week to start 3-0 'cause after that is @ Auburn, A&M at Jerryworld and 'Bama.

CSU is not a cupcake, but not TCU either.

1. E. Ill.
2. @ Col. St.
3. NTSU
4. @ Aub.
5. A&M *
6. 'Bama
7. OM
8. Tulsa
9. Vandy
10. LSU
11. @MSU
12. @ MIssouri

It will be critical to go 3-0 in the first three, due to the tough stretch in games 4-6. Games 7-9 are very winnable with OM having the best record of the 3 at 6-6.

LSU will be a tough one to get, then MSU has a new coach who will be hard pressed to match the success of Mullen and their new coach has NO SEC experience.

At least Morris was at Clemson who play Auburn and USCE and may have played others in his time there.

Missouri may be able to sustain their hot streak, but look at the records of the teams they won 5 straight against and barely beat us.

No predictions here until I see the staff and spring practice, but the schedule is much more manageable compared to the last several years.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

rbb1991

Quote from: hawgon on December 05, 2017, 09:25:31 pm
He just going to have to win quick.  There will be very little honeymoon unless he actually does get Venables to come.

I am liking this hire as well. If Venables comes also, I will be very excited.