Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How will Arkansas beat South Carolina?

Started by Tarheelhawg, October 01, 2017, 09:01:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: TomasPistola on October 01, 2017, 09:02:01 pm
We'll score more points than them.

I like our chances if we are able to score more points than them.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

razorsharptusk

If you are talking more balanced based of the NMSU game, I'd take another look.  Many of the throws Allen made were all due to the weaker defensive front of NMSU that allowed him to take the 5 - 6 seconds he usually needs to throw the ball.  He won't get that luxury any more this year.  The defenses are too quick.

Arkansas was able to get to the edges, which is what Coach B. has been trying to do since game one with these backs, but has been unable to do very often.  Chalk this up to a slower NMSU defense as well.  That will not happen against SEC competition.

I won't believe we have turned the corner concerning offensive balance until we line up against SEC competition and show the balance we had against NMSU.  I think Sunbelt is about our speed right now.   My opinion of course.

GO HOGS!!

hawg66

Quote from: razorsharptusk on October 02, 2017, 01:22:56 pm
If you are talking more balanced based of the NMSU game, I'd take another look.  Many of the throws Allen made were all due to the weaker defensive front of NMSU that allowed him to take the 5 - 6 seconds he usually needs to throw the ball.  He won't get that luxury any more this year.  The defenses are too quick.

Arkansas was able to get to the edges, which is what Coach B. has been trying to do since game one with these backs, but has been unable to do very often.  Chalk this up to a slower NMSU defense as well.  That will not happen against SEC competition.

I won't believe we have turned the corner concerning offensive balance until we line up against SEC competition and show the balance we had against NMSU.  I think Sunbelt is about our speed right now.   My opinion of course.

Hogs had 226 rushing and 231 passing vs A&M.

Tarheelhawg

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 02, 2017, 12:38:04 pm
I like our chances if we are able to score more points than them.
Scoring points is critical.  I haven't seen Hayden pass yet.  Even a short pass...  He could score a lot of points like McFadden out of the wild hog. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: GuvHog on October 02, 2017, 10:33:25 am
It's more than debatable. Louisiana Tech doesn't have an NFL caliber QB or an NFL caliber running back. New Mexico State has BOTH. Bad comparison.

What is the basis for your claim? 

Louisiana Tech is 3-2.  Their wins are over Northwestern State, Western Kentucky, and South Alabama.  Their losses are to Mississippi State and South Carolina.  New Mexico State is 2-3.  They have beaten New Mexico and UTEP and lost to Arizona State, Troy, and Arkansas.

Which result or results prove that New Mexico State is definitely better than Louisiana Tech, to the point that it is not even debatable?  Have you seen Louisiana Tech play?  How do the teams' respective running games and defenses stack up?  What about special teams?

onebadrubi

Quote from: rhames on October 02, 2017, 10:50:12 am
Big money moving the line towards Arkansas

Line opened with Arkansas -2 and is not -2.5.

Tarheelhawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 02, 2017, 08:30:01 am
Run, run, run   and pass only when needed.

I just wish we weren't running the 3-4 any longer.
Well, I think that Bielema is opening up the offense more of late.  I saw quick bubble screens on first down which I hadn't seen in a while. 

code red

NMSU had 3-4 big plays vs. Arkansas if we let USC do that to us we will get beat. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

Quote from: code red on October 02, 2017, 02:10:01 pm
NMSU had 3-4 big plays vs. Arkansas if we let USC do that to us we will get beat. 

Depends, if we out score them, they won't. We're going to give up 3-4 big plays a game, if we make them punt 5 times, we should win.

1highhog

Quote from: TomasPistola on October 01, 2017, 09:02:01 pm
We'll score more points than them.

This ^^^ for the win and the end of the tread hopefully.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: hawg66 on October 02, 2017, 01:29:38 pm
Hogs had 226 rushing and 231 passing vs A&M.

Yeah and 43 points, but we won't do that against SEC competition, love it when these guys get shot down with facts. Their agenda is really showing.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

GuvHog

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 02, 2017, 01:55:09 pm
What is the basis for your claim? 

Louisiana Tech is 3-2.  Their wins are over Northwestern State, Western Kentucky, and South Alabama.  Their losses are to Mississippi State and South Carolina.  New Mexico State is 2-3.  They have beaten New Mexico and UTEP and lost to Arizona State, Troy, and Arkansas.

Which result or results prove that New Mexico State is definitely better than Louisiana Tech, to the point that it is not even debatable?  Have you seen Louisiana Tech play?  How do the teams' respective running games and defenses stack up?  What about special teams?

Yes, I've seen Louisiana Tech play. They aren't as good as NMS. NMS's QB and RB would rip LA Tech's defense apart.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Gonna take Heart, Miles and miles of heart... A heart like a Jazz Band...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Tarheelhawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on October 02, 2017, 07:12:53 pm

Gonna take Heart, Miles and miles of heart... A heart like a Jazz Band...

Plus 1 to you sir! Go Hogs!

Dominicanhog

October 02, 2017, 07:35:52 pm #64 Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:53:14 am by Dominicanhog
Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 02, 2017, 08:30:01 am
Run, run, run   and pass only when needed.

I just wish we weren't running the 3-4 any longer.

agree on O... gotta recruit to style on D.. going to take some hits in the meantime.. they look better than last year.. maybe...

though,  I'll add... use play action on early downs in the redzone..

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Tarheelhawg on October 01, 2017, 09:01:20 pm
Arkansas may be favored to win by two to three points.  After watching some of the game between A&M and South Carolina, it looks like their passing game can be a strength which matches well for them.  The Carolina defense appears a little stronger overall.  However, Arkansas appears to have a more balanced offense with a better ground game.  If Arkansas can pressure Bentley and contain the receivers (S. Carolina is without their best receiver), a win is v. possible.  A&M sacked Bentley about 6 - 7 times.
What would be the best path to victory?

S. Carolina is not good in the RZ. Their sweet spot is scoring from 30 to 40 yards out. Take this away and it will help us win this game.
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawg66 on October 01, 2017, 09:27:27 pm
Arkansas needs to run the ball. The Hogs are averaging over 200 ypg rushing and SC is allowing over 200 ypg. Run the ball ball and run the clock. Most of the stats favor Arkansas. 

You are right: SC rushing defense ranked 78th / hogs Rushing O ranked 46th.

They only outrank us in one category with their O vs. our D and outrank us in one category their D to our O.  14 point win, HOGS!

elksnort

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 02, 2017, 07:38:34 pm
S. Carolina is not good in the RZ. Their sweet spot is scoring from 30 to 40 yards out. Take this away and it will help us win this game.
So, more really bend and try not to break?

I copy what you are saying but I would like to see us mix in some blitzes. Maybe some zone blitzes or something.

Tarheelhawg

Talked with my Gamecock friend today.  He says that there defense is pretty good but tends to wear down in the second half because their offense can't sustain drives.  He laments the injuries in their o-line and the absence of a running game.  He says what really beat them against A&M was the running of Mond the QB.  So
Hayden in the Wildhog , Kelly in the steamboat,or J. Jones in the jet sweep along with David Williams pounding the rock in the red zone might get us a win.   

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Rzbakfromwaybak

We will kick more field goals, & beat them in special teams play.    ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Quickdraw

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 01, 2017, 10:49:00 pm

I don't have much confidence because New Mex St got some big hits on Allen and they are much worse defensively. You can get pressure on a qb and not get the sack too.

Quit the 7 step drop and go to a 3 step. Their asking the linemen to hold these faster guys for 5 seconds and Allen holds the ball for 7 seconds. Establish a run game and quit being predictable on the play calling. And defense needs to be a lot more aggressive but Brett will not let them. Its against his philosophy.

redneckfriend

Quote from: Tarheelhawg on October 01, 2017, 09:01:20 pm
Arkansas may be favored to win by two to three points.  After watching some of the game between A&M and South Carolina, it looks like their passing game can be a strength which matches well for them.  The Carolina defense appears a little stronger overall.  However, Arkansas appears to have a more balanced offense with a better ground game.  If Arkansas can pressure Bentley and contain the receivers (S. Carolina is without their best receiver), a win is v. possible.  A&M sacked Bentley about 6 - 7 times.
What would be the best path to victory?

We haven 't gotten quarterback pressure so far- what makes you think that will change? Arkansas, as I have said before, will need Allen and the wide receivers to play at their optimum in order to win. The defense is what it is- unreliable. The running game only works if the passing game is working, without the pressure on the back seven of a passing threat they will shut down the running attack. Arkansas needs Allen, Nance, Jones and Stewart (and O'Grady) to be effective and score points in order to win.

LZH

redneckfriend has the game figured out except.  In the end, the team that refuses to be denied and fire in their belly will win.  Attitude, attitude, attitude and mental toughness and more mental toughness and then about the same talent as the competition will win.  And I will say what the all knowers say, BOOK IT.

LZH

Quote from: 12247 on October 07, 2017, 11:48:22 am
redneckfriend has the game figured out except.  In the end, the team that refuses to be denied and fire in their belly will win.  Attitude, attitude, attitude and mental toughness and more mental toughness and then about the same talent as the competition will win.  And I will say what the all knowers say, BOOK IT.
Auburn lock baby