Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

who is this Arinze kid ?

Started by micali, April 20, 2013, 08:09:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

micali

I've never heard of him before.  The kid looks like a beast.  He runs with authority. Do you think he will see the field?

HogInFlorida

He'll see the field. Especially in short yardage situations. He's a bruiser.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

GalaHawg

According to CBB, he will be Kiero's back up at FB and in certain situations we will see them both in the backfield together --- I am assuming that will be our version of the jumbo package in short yardage situations.

Tim Harris

Walk on from out in CA. Was brought in to be Kieros backup.

Fayettechill14

5'10, 250-pound bruiser. Played line in high school, fullback at JUCO, and walked on here and Bielema figured out he can carry the ball too.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 20, 2013, 08:29:06 pm
5'10, 250-pound bruiser. Played line in high school, fullback at JUCO, and walked on here and Bielema figured out he can carry the ball too.
He is gotten down to 230 since the start of the semester
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Sir Oinksalot

Wow, Im glad you clarified his name becauseI wasnt sure.

Yes, beast bruiser ox all come to mind... We have three SEC
backs from what I saw...not counting the dback who left smoke
when he cut there in the backfield...Holmes I think was his name.
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Fayettechill14

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on April 20, 2013, 08:30:40 pm
He is gotten down to 230 since the start of the semester

Yeah he looks more nimble. Hunter Mickelson should have taken notes.

Kody Walker is also still 240? He had some burst today. Looked VERY good.

Danny J

He has great footwork and balance. Low center of gravity.

micali

I like our chances running the ball next year.  Alex Collins,  Jwill,  Kody Walker,    ;D

Tim Harris

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 20, 2013, 08:33:18 pm

Kody Walker is also still 240? He had some burst today. Looked VERY good.

I honestly thought Walker was our best back today.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Tim Harris on April 20, 2013, 08:48:53 pm

Agreed. In J-Will's defense he's going up against a very good defensive line. Makes him and everyone else tougher, which is great.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 20, 2013, 08:51:28 pm
Agreed. In J-Will's defense he's going up against a very good defensive line. Makes him and everyone else tougher, which is great.

Yeah but something was off. It is almost like they have preached to him so much about running tough that he just plowed in to the line each time without really looking for a hole. It is just one scrimmage though.

The good news is Walker showed a lot more than I expected.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on April 20, 2013, 08:34:57 pm
He has great footwork and balance. Low center of gravity.
And a good stiffarm.

SemperFi

I was very impressed with Arinze, but Kody Walker looked solid.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

The Divine Swine

With Arinze and Kiero in a jumbo package like someone suggested, short yardage pickups should come at an extremely high percentage. Goal line execution as well.

That part of our game looks pretty solid. You notice today that no matter who carried the ball the play was still going even after multiple hits and contact? None of our backs wanted to go down. I reckon that is the physical and tough aspect Bielema and gang have been talking about.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Foshodo

wasnt this the april fools kid? some coach mentioned a RB most hadnt heard of that was destroying the DL and some were questioning if the coaches were messing with us?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 20, 2013, 08:33:18 pm

HM gained the weight for this past season that he was asked to gain so he could play where they wanted him to play - which was not the position he was best suited to play.  No need to slam a kid who did nothing but what he was asked to do and gave it 100%.

If you want to trash HM take it to the BB forum or maybe you already know that your type of garbage isn't welcome over there.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on April 21, 2013, 04:23:29 am
HM gained the weight for this past season that he was asked to gain so he could play where they wanted him to play - which was not the position he was best suited to play.  No need to slam a kid who did nothing but what he was asked to do and gave it 100%.

If you want to trash HM take it to the BB forum or maybe you already know that your type of garbage isn't welcome over there.

Settle the f*** down it was a joke. I've been an avid supporter of Mickelson and the effort he's given and will continue to be wherever he ends up. I was informed that Arinze had lost weight to play in the backfield so I made an ironic allusion to another much-discussed weight situation.

Good grief. People are so dang sensitive...

twistitup

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 21, 2013, 05:43:47 am
Settle the f*** down it was a joke. I've been an avid supporter of Mickelson and the effort he's given and will continue to be wherever he ends up. I was informed that Arinze had lost weight to play in the backfield so I made an ironic allusion to another much-discussed weight situation.

Agree...too sensitive indeed. Mick will do good with a fresh start, he gave 100 and things did not work out as planned.

Adding weight can hurt sometimes...on the other hand our RB's look outstanding as a unit. This should be fun!

Our defense will benefit 'big time' from practicing against this offense.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ChitownHawg

On one play where he moved the pile by keeping his legs moving - I said DJ should be proud that Arinze is doing his #33 well.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 21, 2013, 05:43:47 am

Quote from: twistitup on April 21, 2013, 05:50:09 am
Agree...too sensitive indeed. Mick will do good with a fresh start, he gave 100 and things did not work out as planned.

Adding weight can hurt sometimes...on the other hand our RB's look outstanding as a unit. This should be fun!

Our defense will benefit 'big time' from practicing against this offense.

Fine then.  Lets all make a joke of a kid who gave his best for the Razorbacks.  Can't wait to see you two make jokes about the next kid who doesn't measure up to your highly educated opinions.  Plenty of kids on the FB team for you to jump on next year - or maybe some guys on the Baseball team right now if you can't wait.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Tim Harris on April 20, 2013, 08:48:53 pm

With Bilema's style of big back football, Kody might just be what BB is looking for.  I look for him to have a nice year if he stays healthy.

The Boar War

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on April 21, 2013, 04:23:29 am

Ever been to the "Jump Ball" forum?

Wild Bill Hog

WizardofhOgZ

Arinze reminds me of Roosevelt Leaks . . . some of you old-timers will relate to that.

Walker, he reminds me of Michael Bush when he was at Louisville.

Excellent options for the type of offense CBB likes to run.  And I was impressed and surprised about the number and types of passes we threw yesterday as well.  Truly a balanced attack.

The Boar War

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on April 21, 2013, 08:11:33 am
Yep.  Have you?

Yes.  And many of the posters there work in garbage the way other artists might work in oils or clay.

The Boar War

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on April 21, 2013, 08:15:07 am
Arinze reminds me of Roosevelt Leaks . . . some of you old-timers will relate to that.

Walker, he reminds me of Michael Bush when he was at Louisville.

Excellent options for the type of offense CBB likes to run.  And I was impressed and surprised about the number and types of passes we threw yesterday as well.  Truly a balanced attack.

How was Walker running yesterday?  Was he still straight up and down?

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: The Boar War on April 21, 2013, 08:25:56 am

I'm no expert and I didn't watch him with an eagle eye.   But I'd go back to the comparison I used - think Michael Bush.  He had good footwork and would put his foot in the ground and go North-South.  I'd say his body lean was a little better.  Not a speed guy, but had a good burst when cutting through the hole at the line of scrimmage.

Tim Harris

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on April 21, 2013, 09:14:38 am
I'm no expert and I didn't watch him with an eagle eye.   But I'd go back to the comparison I used - think Michael Bush.  He had good footwork and would put his foot in the ground and go North-South.  I'd say his body lean was a little better.  Not a speed guy, but had a good burst when cutting through the hole at the line of scrimmage.

Very good assessment to me. He was patient but also got north and south as soon as the hole opened. I was very impressed with him yesterday. Add in that he has only been full contact for a week and it makes it even more impressive. If he can stay healthy he will contribute this year.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: The Boar War on April 21, 2013, 08:25:56 am
KW was surprisingly agile. He appeared physical and at the same time had the agility to fit into a seam. His quickness seemed much improved and he needs to stay healthy.
Arinze carried a scrum of maybe 10-12 players for significant yards on one play. After the play an offensive guy stood and leapt up with a double fist pump down. The adrenaline was pumping and I'm sure Coach Bielema had a smile.

" GO HOGS "

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: micali on April 20, 2013, 08:09:34 pm
I've never heard of him before.  The kid looks like a beast.  He runs with authority. Do you think he will see the field?
Simple: a road grader on legs!

hvsupastar

SMOTHERS        SWANSON         COOK
                                       QB

SMALL           ARINZE

WALKER

Good luck stopping this power I look, blast/iso in short yardage situation
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 21, 2013, 03:00:43 pm
                                       QB

SMALL           ARINZE

WALKER

If that won't push a D Line back, then I don't know what will

popcornhog

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on April 20, 2013, 08:31:08 pm
Wow, Im glad you clarified his name becauseI wasnt sure.

Yes, beast bruiser ox all come to mind... We have three SEC
backs from what I saw...not counting the dback who left smoke
when he cut there in the backfield...Holmes I think was his name.

Not to mention Collins who will be here this symmer.

I just finished watching the Red/White game for the first time and I feel better about getting 6+ wins than I did before watching.

I love what I see and seriously believe that Bielema will make us very good in the next 3 years or so.

Very exciting. It feels a lot like it did at the beginning of Petrino's tenure.
WPS

Arkansas Fan

QB

SMALL           ARINZE

WALKER

Have Morgan Linton at the other fullback spot with Arinze at tailback. That will be a true short yardage package.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on April 21, 2013, 03:40:34 pm
Have Morgan Linton at the other fullback spot with Arinze at tailback. That will be a true short yardage package.
Leave Linton out. He is a good walkon FB but not the athlete that Arinze is
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

HogInFlorida

QB

SMALL           ARINZE

WALKER

If Derby can be a Bell-Dozer and work in a running package with those guys then we will hurt some people with all those blockers.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on April 21, 2013, 07:17:44 am
Fine then.  Lets all make a joke of a kid who gave his best for the Razorbacks.  Can't wait to see you two make jokes about the next kid who doesn't measure up to your highly educated opinions.  Plenty of kids on the FB team for you to jump on next year - or maybe some guys on the Baseball team right now if you can't wait.

The only "jumping on" is you jumping on me. Get over it, dude.

jjdlc

Running game looked solid.  Best thing I saw from it all day... No fumbles!  Will be nice not seeing the ball put on the ground every other drive.  And greatly reduced penalties to boot.

DeltaBoy

The kid looks like a D-8 cat out there.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wahls

QB

SMALL           ARINZE

WALKER

Yeah, and when Small leaves, you can plug in 260 lb Chris Jones in there at either FB or where Arinze is. CJ is all muscle. He'll come it at 260 at walk out the other side the same or heaver.

Short yardage is not going to be a problem the next few years.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.