Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-on-3 $100K tournament at the NCAA Final Four

Started by NuttinItUp, February 05, 2018, 09:15:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

32 teams composed of seniors not playing in the NCAA Final Four. The players will get paid based on how far they make it in the tournament.  All 32 Division I conferences get their top 4 (non Final Four participating) senior players. (four players per team, but only 3 play at once) Will be broadcast on Twitter and ESPN2.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/how-the-100k-3-on-3-tourney-for-college-seniors-held-at-the-final-four-will-work/

Who are the top 4 SEC seniors that should play?

Rbill

They don't have to be from same school? I highly suspect Macon will be invited just based on his sec player of the week accolades. Barford would be a pretty awesome 3 on 3 player though too.

HogBreath

Forget the NIT..we goin to the three on three. 
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Rbill on February 05, 2018, 09:24:27 pm
They don't have to be from same school?

No, that is the whole point. They will select the top 4 players per conference and put them together. (3 players on court plus one sub)

Well, they might not be the overall top 4 players because they might not want like 4 guards on a team; Maybe they mix it up with forwards/guards.

I kind of wish they were also including players leaving early for the draft that were underclassmen, but maybe that might be too hard to determine since a player could theoretically decide not to come back and play another year, but not if they had been paid.

Quote from: Rbill on February 05, 2018, 09:24:27 pm
I highly suspect Macon will be invited just based on his sec player of the week accolades. Barford would be a pretty awesome 3 on 3 player though too.

I was thinking Macon for sure.

Yante Maten from UGA seems like he might be a lock as well.

jst01

WBOBO

This could really turn into a pretty big deal if conference politics stay out of it. 
Curious to see what the conferences use to determine the top 4 players.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: WBOBO on February 05, 2018, 10:17:51 pm
This could really turn into a pretty big deal if conference politics stay out of it. 
Curious to see what the conferences use to determine the top 4 players.

In the article it says there is a selection committee of sports writers picking the players. I don't believe the conferences have anything to do with it. This is a private group paying for it.

NuttinItUp

jst01

sadhogfan

Barford, Macon, and Yante Maten would be a pretty sweet 3-on-3 team.

jst01

Quote from: NuttinItUp on February 07, 2018, 12:01:29 am
Chris Chiozza for the Gators?

And I say that knowing Chiozza doesn't score as much as say Macon/Barford, but just from the few games I've seen, Chiozza is extremely quick and can dish the ball as well as anyone in the league.  I figure ball skills and one-on-one ability and speed would be pretty important in a 3 on 3 game.   With that said, I think Barford should also get on that team.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: sadhogfan on February 07, 2018, 07:10:51 am
Barford, Macon, and Yante Maten would be a pretty sweet 3-on-3 team.

Who would be your 4th? (1 bench player allowed per the rules)

sadhogfan

Quote from: NuttinItUp on February 07, 2018, 09:11:59 am
Who would be your 4th? (1 bench player allowed per the rules)

Good question. I like Chiozza a lot, but I would pick Macon and Barford over him because of size and their superior scoring ability, and I don't really think you would want three guards and one big.

Ultimately, I would want my fourth guy to be a rangy athlete who could shoot a bit.

So, clearly: Dustin Thomas. :-)

jst01

Chiozza, Barford, Maten and Jeff Roberson of Vandy.

sadhogfan

Quote from: jst01 on February 07, 2018, 09:44:14 am
Chiozza, Barford, Maten and Jeff Roberson of Vandy.

Roberson is a great choice. I had forgotten about him since we haven't played them this year.

So I would take Barford, Macon, Roberson, and Maten.