Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our FB team needs to sign at least 1

Started by nwahogfan1, October 09, 2017, 06:46:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

difference maker on each side of the ball in each class,  It can be a DE, WR, RB, QB, LB or DB but we need more players who can take over a game with a big play. 

This team is searching for a leader with great talent to step up.   maybe it is the coaches not turning him loose but I just do not see anybody stepping up.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on October 09, 2017, 06:46:37 am
difference maker on each side of the ball in each class,  It can be a DE, WR, RB, QB, LB or DB but we need more players who can take over a game with a big play. 

This team is searching for a leader with great talent to step up.   maybe it is the coaches not turning him loose but I just do not see anybody stepping up.
Problem is that while you can get some hint as to a kid's potential by watching what he does in high school, there are absolutely no guarantees that will translate into greatness in college. Having said that, what really puzzles and alarms me is that for the Hogs those kids who DO show well in high school in so many cases don't bring it/show it on the field for us. Not sure whether it's a case of misevaluation by our coaches, misuse of the kid's potential/talents, or a severe lack of development by the staff. I strongly suspect that it's a combination of all three factors.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 09, 2017, 09:44:49 am
Problem is that while you can get some hint as to a kid's potential by watching what he does in high school, there are absolutely no guarantees that will translate into greatness in college. Having said that, what really puzzles and alarms me is that for the Hogs those kids who DO show well in high school in so many cases don't bring it/show it on the field for us. Not sure whether it's a case of misevaluation by our coaches, misuse of the kid's potential/talents, or a severe lack of development by the staff. I strongly suspect that it's a combination of all three factors.

I agree with you that Coaches are not using our play makers by putting them where they can best make plays. CBB has had a track record of this.  I wonder if he is too stubborn to allow his assistant coaches to have the freedom to play who they want to play and where?

island hog

The game changing players on offense tend to be receivers, qbs and running backs.  We graduated all of our best receivers last year, kept the same qb and lost our best rb to injury.  Our receiving corp is young but does show signs of having game changers and Haden is most certainly a mini freak running the ball so the future is bright on the off side.  On def, we lost our best cb to injury but another pup ( Curl ) appears to be a game changer there... I hear where you're coming from but we are young at those positions that generally produce those game changers. 

Smashmouth2004

Need to sign a QB who is a bigger threat than just staying in the pocket getting killed.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: island hog on October 12, 2017, 09:14:04 am
The game changing players on offense tend to be receivers, qbs and running backs.  We graduated all of our best receivers last year, kept the same qb and lost our best rb to injury.  Our receiving corp is young but does show signs of having game changers and Haden is most certainly a mini freak running the ball so the future is bright on the off side.  On def, we lost our best cb to injury but another pup ( Curl ) appears to be a game changer there... I hear where you're coming from but we are young at those positions that generally produce those game changers. 

Agree. The young talent is very promising.

Piggfoot

October 13, 2017, 11:12:39 am #6 Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:33:44 am by Piggfoot
Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 09, 2017, 09:44:49 am
There is an invisable factor in all athletes whether they be human or non-human and this factor is called Class. Some athletes have it other athletes don't. The best example in the horse world was a horse named Ack Ack. He was a front runner and often when faced against a horse with lower class he would win the race in spite of the lesser horses posted times which were faster than Ack Ack. Some people call it heart or intimidation when one athlete looks into the eyes of another.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

VirginiaHog

2016 curl and Hayden
2015 Whaley and Harris
We sign a couple on.each side a year. But our competitors sign 15-20

onebadrubi

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 15, 2017, 07:57:40 pm
We sign a few more than that... there's better talent than what's showing on the field. 

Coaching matters.

Exactly!!   

Richard Davenport

Bryant Pirtle is a guy with the ability to make a major impact on the team. The guy has speed, speed and more speed.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: island hog on October 12, 2017, 09:14:04 am

So you think CBB has recruited enough great speed and talent plus squeezed out all that talent and speed he had  into points and wins??????  HUM! 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 19, 2017, 11:03:40 am
Bryant Pirtle is a guy with the ability to make a major impact on the team. The guy has speed, speed and more speed.

Do you see Rhoads looking for more speed on that  side of the ball and if signs more  will he be allowed to turn it loose?

PorkRinds

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on October 19, 2017, 02:46:20 pm
Do you see Rhoads looking for more speed on that  side of the ball and if signs more  will he be allowed to turn it loose?

Turn it loose?