Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CPA vs CFA

Started by GusMcRae, May 21, 2014, 10:53:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GusMcRae

I was thinking about joining the Cessna Flyer Association after receiveing an offer in the mail, and remembered thinking that it was Cessna Pilots Association.  So I looked it up and there really are 2 different associations. 

What's the difference?  Would one or the other be more suitable for me, owner and pilot of a C-182? 

CFA is $35/year.

Any pireps would be appreciated. 
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

CPA is $50/year i think... never head of the CFA. i was a member for one year. as a new owner, it was awesome. and if you tinker with your own bird a lot, very resourceful. i didnt visit it a lot and let mine lapse.

i have a book you need to read. i got it from over there... awesome. standby for link.
You are what you tolerate.

gotyacovered

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k60zmtj2h9beozv/The%20Skylane%20Pilot%27s%20Companion%20%281%29.pdf

i think i found it via google books if you cant get to dropbox...
You are what you tolerate.

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on May 22, 2014, 12:03:40 pm
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k60zmtj2h9beozv/The%20Skylane%20Pilot%27s%20Companion%20%281%29.pdf

i think i found it via google books if you cant get to dropbox...

Thanks.  I'll pull it up from home.  Blocked at work.

And it sounds like CPA is the way to go.  Thanks.
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?