Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

blue stain

Started by gotyacovered, January 27, 2014, 12:33:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

showed up to M18 for an early morning flight for work (to Paris, TX) and this is what i walked in to see.

***photobucket is acting wierd and i uploaded the pics with the correct oreintation, sorry.***

are you guys able to see the photobucket images?

[attachment deleted by admin]
You are what you tolerate.

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on January 27, 2014, 12:33:06 pm

are you guys able to see the photobucket images?

Pics show up fine.

Did you figure out what was going on? 
I'm guessing you lost some fuel.
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on January 27, 2014, 12:49:18 pm
Pics show up fine.

Did you figure out what was going on? 
I'm guessing you lost some fuel.

yep, just got the screws for the sending unit tightened and leak stopped. lucky.

yes, lost very little though, it was seeping one drop at a time. think it had a lot to do owith the (for arkansas) exteremly low temps a few weeks ago.

hope all is well with ya buddy. i havent been around much!!!

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on January 27, 2014, 12:59:52 pm
hope all is well with ya buddy. i havent been around much!!!

Thanks, you too.  Forum has been pretty dead. 

Your comment on another thread sounds like you're about to pull the trigger on the MOH?  I think this warrants a new thread to keep us all posted with.
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on January 28, 2014, 12:00:49 pm
Thanks, you too.  Forum has been pretty dead. 

Your comment on another thread sounds like you're about to pull the trigger on the MOH?  I think this warrants a new thread to keep us all posted with.

i think i will have to in 2014. although got my oil report back today. and it seems the exhast valve was causing most of my high wear metals. they are at least 1/2 of what they were from august oil change. i am so confused.

oil consumption is up quote a bit compressions are staying consistent. i do have a date with destiny. new engine in 2014 is gonna happen. (or a new plane) ;D