Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GIFT

Started by GusMcRae, November 05, 2013, 10:37:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GusMcRae

The family that puts this on is the family I've talked about on here that I trained under and have utilized for numerous scenario questions and situations.   

Also on the website under the "more" tab on the far right, I found this video.  The C-150 that is in the video is our plane.  I let them use it last year and traded the time they used it for IFR lessons.  Didn't realize they made the AOPA weekly program. 
http://www.aopa.org/AOPA-Live.aspx?watch=%7BC6CBC930-DA20-488E-85D3-87D91F24AF56%7D

Their 2013 GIFT program is going on this week. 
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

Pistol Pete

That's too cool! Nice to see your support.
I was at Central a few months back and watched a lady take off in a very nice 182. Listened to her ground clearance, she was headed to Jonesboro. She appeared to be in LR on business (her attire and briefcase). Her professionalism was impressive.

gotyacovered

You are what you tolerate.

GusMcRae

This is an old post of mine that is about the women aviators that were featured in AOPA. 

If you know of any female types looking for some help to get started flying, this would be a good place to send them.  They have a hangar apartment and a little house on the airport property that they use for students.  That GIFT week seems pretty crazy busy.  But they have several come back for more when it's not so busy.
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

KCRazorbackfan

We have a female pilot that comes in here at the course in north KC that flies left seat in a Citation X for NetJets ; flew Matt Kuchar several weeks back.  Interesting lady to talk to. 
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.