Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorbacks are taking over the country!

Started by STLhawg, April 01, 2016, 12:01:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzlyfan

Speaking of the diseases wild hogs carry, are you all comfortable consuming your wild hog kill?

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

SemperHawg

Until you have seen this problem up close and personal I don't think people really understand how dire it is.  I have a buddy with some far property in the southern part of the state.  We have been absolutely slaughtering pigs at a high rate of speed for over two years and have not even seen a dent in the herd population.  Meanwhile the deer heard is hurting, and wild turkeys have been pushed all the way out of the area.  Introduced species are some of the most dangerous things you can ever do to an ecological system.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: SemperHawg on April 01, 2016, 11:19:32 am
Until you have seen this problem up close and personal I don't think people really understand how dire it is.  I have a buddy with some far property in the southern part of the state.  We have been absolutely slaughtering pigs at a high rate of speed for over two years and have not even seen a dent in the herd population.  Meanwhile the deer heard is hurting, and wild turkeys have been pushed all the way out of the area.  Introduced species are some of the most dangerous things you can ever do to an ecological system.
I have a vendor in south Texas that invites us down every year to hunt hogs.  Most of the time, we just shoot them and leave them lay.  I can't comment on the deer and other species down there, but I've seen first hand the damage they do to the land.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.