Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DGB's recruiting about to pick up.

Started by A Hogwork Orange, May 25, 2011, 05:57:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A Hogwork Orange

Looks like we will finally be getting some new recruiting info on DGB.

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=2&c=1074743&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2farkansas.scout.com%2f2%2f1074743.html

Dont have subscription, but says with summer coming DGB looks to turn attention to recruiting.

The_Boot_stops_here

article just talks about the narrowing down process that will occur this summer....doesnt mention any certain teams as "leaders"

mmhogs17

Don't look for alot of info. He and his family isn't big on the recruiting game. He won't be a big drama queen about it.

Bubba's Bruisers

I know Charlie Weis made an appearance in Springfield this week.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Zen_Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on May 25, 2011, 08:14:14 pm
I know Charlie Weis made an appearance in Springfield this week.

Must have been a new Golden Corral in town.

Lakerhog

Quote from: 350Z on May 25, 2011, 08:19:34 pm
LMAO, I knew someone would go there.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: 350Z on May 25, 2011, 08:19:34 pm
You leave Pear Bryant alone.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

A Hogwork Orange

Did he say anything about when he would pick a school?

hawgsmellgud

apparently there is something on a sooner rivals board about a possible front runner, but you have to be a member. Oklahog or anyone else know of anyone with a Sooner subscription?
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

dotnet

Quote from: mmhogs17 on May 25, 2011, 06:58:21 pm
Don't look for alot of info. He and his family isn't big on the recruiting game. He won't be a big drama queen about it.

If this is true, then I think this really helps Petrino's chances.

ARtillahog

May 26, 2011, 07:03:36 am #10 Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 07:06:18 am by ARtillahog
Quote from: A Hogwork Orange on May 25, 2011, 10:16:22 pm
Did he say anything about when he would pick a school?

Said he wanted to have a "narrowed list" before the season starts and the writer says they think it could happen sooner rather than later.  States that his dad and DGB are very serious about the process and want to make the best decision.  Arkansas is listed in the article but only as a school DGB has visited. 

Also states that DGB is "besieged" everywhere he goes by autograph seekers telling him where to go.  His dad seems to make it sound as though they do not like that.

"Green-Beckham has already visited Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri.

Beckham said that some schools have already been eliminated. It's apparent that the Green-Beckham's are in the process of eliminating more schools, and developing a narrowed list. It's their goal to have completed the narrowing process before the football season begins. I expect that they will have narrowed their list by mid-summer, or even sooner. I expect that Missouri will be on that narrowed list."

ARtillahog

I like the reverse psychology there Polo!  It worked out on that last kid you said wouldn't come to the Hogs.

Kilgor

Quote from: poloprince on May 26, 2011, 07:25:41 am

I will take you to the woodshed and do some unconstitutional things to you lover boy, choose your battles carefully.

Like searching my home without a warrant?
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

$100 Handshake

ARtillahog

Quote from: poloprince on May 26, 2011, 07:29:42 am

I remember when i used to get handshakes like this, it was great

Being a whore paid that well!?!  Haha!

ARtillahog

SpringTxHOG

For what it is worth...Bill King 24/7 believes that OU will win out in the end.  He did say "could you imagine this kid in Bobby P's offense???  Crazy!"

We'll see.

Zen_Hog

Quote from: SpringTxHOG on May 26, 2011, 10:05:44 am
For what it is worth...Bill King 24/7 believes that OU will win out in the end.  He did say "could you imagine this kid in Bobby P's offense???  Crazy!"

We'll see.

Bill King is close to th situation to say that? I think it's just an opinion to get Sooners excited.

SpringTxHOG

350Z...like I said for what it is worth.  Gotta get people to their new site(s).

3BoarsDown

DGB will not be making the trip to Big Cat Weekend at Aubie this weekend.

beansandtaters

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on May 26, 2011, 02:50:27 pm

where are you seeing that?

A Hogwork Orange

That would really be good news if true.

VenturaHog

Guess he won't get to scam on teenage girls with Bo Jackson now.

Steef

What a truly classy thing for him to do, regardless of where he ends up.

Oliver

Quote from: steefhog on May 26, 2011, 04:07:10 pm
What a truly classy thing for him to do, regardless of where he ends up.

Agreed.  Shows the kid has a good head on his shoulders.

$100 Handshake

Quote from: beansandtaters on May 26, 2011, 03:21:20 pm
where are you seeing that?

He's not on the tentative list, as of today. The check must have bounced.

beansandtaters

Quote from: $100 Handshake on May 26, 2011, 04:31:57 pm
I also notice Stefon Diggs has been added, so that will ease the pain if DGB in fact doesn't make it in.

hahaha...yeah right. so what randy moss didn't show up...darvin adams is here!

mmhogs17

3BoarsDown

Quote from: beansandtaters on May 26, 2011, 04:56:34 pm
hahaha...yeah right. so what randy moss didn't show up...darvin adams is here!

I bet Darvin wishes he would've stayed at Auburn now, hard to go undrafted and support 3 kids.

3BoarsDown

Quote from: $100 Handshake on May 26, 2011, 04:31:57 pm
I also notice Stefon Diggs has been added, so that will ease the pain if DGB in fact doesn't make it in.

Except Diggs is projected as a safety at the next level by most scouts.

tiber

Quote from: $100 Handshake on May 26, 2011, 09:54:47 pm
Auburn is recruiting him as a WR. I'll take their evaluation over "most scouts".

Why are you bent over when you take their evaluation?

tiber

Everyone knows you bend over for Trooper.

Get a reach around?

beansandtaters

Quote from: $100 Handshake on May 26, 2011, 09:56:04 pm
#1 player in the country vs. #8 player in the country. Not a huge difference. Would be nice to get both though. (Not saying we get Diggs at this time)

DGB is a rare talent which hasn't been seen on the college level since Calvin Johnson and he may be faster. There is a huge gap between these two players.

870hogfan

Quote from: $100 Handshake on May 26, 2011, 10:21:20 pm
Dorial Green-Beckham 4.43 forty

Stefon Diggs 4.43 forty

The main difference between the two isn't speed, it's height. I'm not saying I'd rather have Diggs than DGB.

Who ever gets DGB they are going to get a beast from day one.

mmhogs17

May 26, 2011, 11:07:06 pm #34 Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:10:59 pm by mmhogs17
Quote from: $100 Handshake on May 26, 2011, 10:21:20 pm
Dorial Green-Beckham 4.43 forty

Stefon Diggs 4.43 forty

The main difference between the two isn't speed, it's height. I'm not saying I'd rather have Diggs than DGB.

It's alot, LOT more than height. Green is a rare, rare athlete. LeBron James type athleticism. Don't even say the two are comparable.

Diggs is a great player and all, but DGB is a once a decade type athlete.

Hogdude72

Quote from: A Hogwork Orange on May 25, 2011, 05:57:47 pm
Looks like we will finally be getting some new recruiting info on DGB.

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=2&c=1074743&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2farkansas.scout.com%2f2%2f1074743.html

Dont have subscription, but says with summer coming DGB looks to turn attention to recruiting.
With all the offers he's already received I wasn't aware that his recruitment was already "full speed ahead".

Billy Bayou

May 27, 2011, 11:34:23 am #36 Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:40:10 am by Billy Bayou
Apparently DGB is in Columbia today on an unofficial.

http://missouri.rivals.com/default.asp

VenturaHog

Zen_Hog

IDK when this was but this doesn't look good?

Pavlov's Hog

Not a huge deal but wouldn't this be a potential secondary recruiting violation?

Zen_Hog

Quote from: CerdoInMO on May 27, 2011, 09:48:26 pm
Not a huge deal but wouldn't this be a potential secondary recruiting violation?

All they have to do is report it and its swept under the rug.

hogwild210

Quote from: CerdoInMO on May 27, 2011, 09:48:26 pm

The Hogs do the same thing pretty much every time they have a recruit in. I believe that as long as their name isn't on the back it isn't a violation.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

mmhogs17

Having a jersey on with no name is perfectly fine. Arkansas thing was made into a big deal, because we had the players names on the lockers.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: poloprince on May 26, 2011, 07:25:41 am

I will take you to the woodshed and do some unconstitutional things to you lover boy, choose your battles carefully.
"I'm gonna call up two hard, pipe-hittin Nick's to go to work on the Holmes here with some pliers and a blowtorch. You hear THAT Hillbilly-boy? I'm fittin' to get mid-evil on your ass."
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang