Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saturday Woopig Action (game three of the classic)

Started by flippinhogmana, March 17, 2018, 11:22:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

News of note and how things can change - yesterday Tulsa beat Iowa State 7-1
This morning ISU absolutely unloaded on TU, 12-1, go figure
Our first game is against Omaha at five here is the live stat link:

http://statb.us/b/207654

But it now shows (as of this morning) that it will also have a video link on SEC, here is that as well:

http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3305198/nebraskaomaha-vs-arkansas-softball

It also shows the rest of our games for the weekend to be televised via the SEC internet link.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

March 17, 2018, 11:24:28 am #1 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 01:33:54 pm by flippinhogmana
I am not sure we will get our game in tomorrow, at least the baseball hogs dont think so, they are going to move their Sunday game to a double header today.

Our next opponent will see its first action of the weekend in today's next game (scratch that, they did play yesterday and got beat 6-2 by St Francis) - against ISU, that should give us a good look at what we might face later today.  ISU might have a semi-depleted pitching staff though and Omaha should have its best shot being fresh.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

so much for being the weakest team in the classic, going into the bottom of the sixth Omaha leads ISU 5-1.  The leadoff hitter, Mostek is responsible for most of the damage with two homers, one to lead off the game and a three run shot later.

Now ISU starts the sixth with two doubles to cut into the lead, 5-2. and then comes all the way back to tie it with a two out, two run homer.

Omaha doesnt score in the top half of the 7th and ISU will have a chance in the bottom half to win it in regulation. 

flippinhogmana

They do so with a homer by the first batter, 6-5 ISU.

psycHOGlogist

Tulsa is tough when Watson pitches. When she doesn't they are pretty ordinary. Even Watson has already lost 4 games this year (she lost a total of 6 all season last year, through the NCAA tournament), and she has an ERA just about a full run higher than last year's.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on March 17, 2018, 03:41:09 pm
Tulsa is tough when Watson pitches. When she doesn't they are pretty ordinary. Even Watson has already lost 4 games this year (she lost a total of 6 all season last year, through the NCAA tournament), and she has an ERA just about a full run higher than last year's.

She is pretty tough today (one hit and 12 Ks so far in the bottom of the 6th), TU ahead 4-0

flippinhogmana

Hogs win 3-1 behind Storms.  Diaz with two RBIs and McEwen with one.