Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7:30 game (nightcap)

Started by flippinhogmana, March 16, 2018, 06:47:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

game is against St. Francis, not sure if it will start on time or early.
Should be Storms in the circle. 
St. Francis beat Omaha 6-2 earlier in the day.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

lineup and batting order will be the same as in the earlier game with the exception of Storms who is in the circle.

psycHOGlogist

St Francis is not really too bad. They've played some good competition this year and had a very close game with Auburn. I would still expect us to win, however.

flippinhogmana

pitcher duel so far in the third, Warrick has the only hit of the game to raise her average to .333
Storms has a no hitter going (but not a perfect game as she has walked a batter).  The opposing pitcher has a one hitter going into the bottom of the third.
Make that a two hitter as Parr leads off with a single.
Buczek fouls out, one on, one out.
Hammerin Hannah singles, runners on first and second for Diaz who has been fading of late.
But she solves that with a 3 run homer and ends the pitching duel!  3-0 hogs.

Warrick flies out, two down, Manzo flies out as well.  Storms back to the circle with a three run lead in the top of the 4th.

flippinhogmana

storms gives up her first hit, a single to short to open the top of the fourth.
next batter gets behind 0-2 and strikes out swinging for Autumn's fourth K.
third batter is retired on an FC, runner at first with two down,
Storms gives up a single and runners are at 1st and 2nd, two down
Autumn gets ahead 0-2 and gets the hitter on a grounder to 3rd.  3-0 hogs to the bottom of the 4th.

flippinhogmana

Krzysko is now down to .220 and I am thinking maybe she needs some rest!  Maybe try Malkin in left and Parr in center.
Lauren works a 3-2 count and then battles for a walk to lead off the inning.
Green also hasnt been hitting of late...she is down to .258...she fouls out to 3rd, one on, one out for Bugarin.
Haydi gets ahead 2-1, 2-2, then fouls out to the catcher, two down, runner on 1st still
Parr up who is 1-1 in this game.  Sydney falls behind 1-2, 2-2, then grounds out to 2nd to bring up the top of the fifth.  Hogs 3-0

flippinhogmana

Autumn retires the first batter on a pop to ss.
Next batter walks on four pitches. one on, one out
Autumn gives up a single to the next batter and runners are on 1st and 2nd, one down
4th batter of the inning gets ahead (Autumn appears to be losing her sharpness) but retires this batter on a fc, runners on 1st and 3rd with two down now,
Fifth batter of the inning gets ahead 2-0 as the runner steals second.
Autumn gets her to ground out to 2nd to end the top of the fifth with no damage, hogs 3-0 to the bottom half. 

flippinhogmana

Autumn Buczek to lead off - gets behind 1-2 but then singles through the left side
Hammerin Hannah up - she gets ahead 2-0, 2-1, (Buczek steals second) and 3-1, then walks, two on, nobody out for Diaz who homered last AB,  Ashley gets behind 0-1, then doubles down the lf line for her second xbase hits, scores Buczek from first, McEwen to third, 4-0 hogs, still nobody out
Warrick up who gets ahead 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, and walks, bases loaded for Manzo with nobody out.
Aly gets behind 0-1, 1-1, then doubles to cf driving in three runs, 7-0 hogs, one more run and its a run rule game.

flippinhogmana

Krzysko up,gets ahead 2-1, 2-2, works the count full, then grounds out for the first out of the inning, runner on 2nd still
Green up - Kayla grounds out on the first pitch, two down
Bugarin up - Haydi gets ahead 2-1, 3-1 and then the feed seems to be stopped.

flippinhogmana

March 16, 2018, 09:10:32 pm #10 Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 10:08:35 pm by flippinhogmana
Bugarin (who also is fading some) tapped out to the pitcher for an FC.
Storms (actually its Warrick pitching now) comes back to the circle in the top of the sixth leading 7-0.
1st batter up singles up the middle on a 1-0 count.  One on, nobody out
2nd batter reaches on an error by McEwen, two on (1st and 2nd), nobody out
3rd batter works a 2-2 count, then fouls out to Parr in left, one down, runners stay,
4th batter fouls out to Diaz at first, two down
5th batter of the inning - gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, then walks to load the bases with two down,
6th batter - gets ahead 1-0, then singles up the middle to score one run and leave the bases loaded
7th batter - also gets ahead in the count 1-0, but flies out to Krzysko in center to end the top half of the sixth, hogs by six, 7-1 and the home half of the sixth.

flippinhogmana

Parr will lead it off and then back to the top of the order,
Sydney is now hitting an even .400 (1-2 on the night so far), she triples to left center, runner on third with nobody out, (to give you an idea of how few at bats Parr has had, that hit raised her average by 29 points to .429)
Buczek gets ahead 2-0 then lines out to rf, one down still a runner on third, not sure why she didnt tag and score
McEwen pops up to the pitcher, now two down
However, Diaz picks them both up with a single to center scoring Parr, 8-1 hogs, Diaz on first, two down
for Warrick, Katie grounds out to 3rd on the first pitch (she must want to get back in the circle).  8-1 hogs
and Katie Warrick will try to end it for the hogs in the top of the 7th.

flippinhogmana

Katie gets ahead of the first batter 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, then gives up a homer to lf, hogs 8-2, nobody out
next batter flies out on the first pitch she sees for the first out in the inning, one down,  nobody on
Warrick deals and gets ahead 0-2, 1-2, then gets her on a liner to lf, two down
next batter gets ahead 1-0, 1-1, then homers to left field, hogs 8-3
next batter is hitting only .186, a good place to end it (but she is 1-3 in the game) - she wont get a chance to bat against Warrick however, Storms comes back in to see if she can save her win.
Autumn gets ahead 1-2, 2-2, battles her and then strikes her out swinging to end the game.  Hogs now 18-5 on the year.

Hitting stars of this game are Diaz (3-4, a homer and five rbis) and Manzo, a bases loaded double for 3 rbis and Parr who was 2-4 on the night with two runs scored.

flippinhogmana

March 16, 2018, 09:50:18 pm #13 Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 10:10:55 pm by flippinhogmana
Quote from: psycHOGlogist on March 16, 2018, 08:00:12 pm
St Francis is not really too bad. They've played some good competition this year and had a very close game with Auburn. I would still expect us to win, however.

yeah I checked out all of their records and they have all played some tough competition including some games against SEC competition like you mentioned.