Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 19, 2024, 02:23:01 am

NOW can we fire the sorry coach

Started by LJHOG, March 16, 2018, 04:52:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJHOG

Or are we content to wallow in mediocrity

BroyledNutts

March 16, 2018, 04:53:15 pm #1 Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 12:05:22 pm by BroyledNutts

WorfHog

Fire? Mike just got an extension. We're stuck in the ditch without a tow rope.

Oliver

Quote from: LJHOG on March 16, 2018, 04:52:19 pm
Or are we content to wallow in mediocrity

If by "we" you mean the people that matter, then yes we are wallowing in mediocrity for years

alohawg

He is untouchable, unless BWA becomes 3/4 empty for a Kentucky game......or something. I dunno, it all just makes me  :puke:
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

The real Hogules

Quote from: WorfHog on March 16, 2018, 04:53:38 pm
Fire? Mike just got an extension. We're stuck in the ditch without a tow rope.

If we can kick Bielema's big butt to the curb, then we damn sure ought to be able to afford someone..............., ANYONE who is better than this!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Boardon Hamsay

FCJ is the only one here with any pull on Mike's status.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Westcoasthog

Mike Anderson needs to be fired as I post this statement.

oldbooniehog

Quote from: Oliver on March 16, 2018, 04:54:04 pm
If by "we" you mean the people that matter, then yes we are wallowing in mediocrity for years

Uh, try "decades" instead of years.

No Sweet Sixteen for 22 years.

Hell, Bill Clinton was President and in the waning days of his first term the last time the Hogs went to the Sweet Sixteen.

HardCore

Quote from: Westcoasthog on March 16, 2018, 05:29:54 pm
Mike Anderson needs to be fired as I post this statement.

Like CMA, but yes, the time has come.  We have hit the ceiling.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

KateHog

Sivad

Jack The BN

Who could Arkansas get that would be better?
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

okrazorback

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on March 16, 2018, 05:04:12 pm
FCJ is the only one here with any pull on Mike's status.

Hire Pitino. He is a winner. That's all that matters. We gave up on Petrino. That was a stupid move. You will say we don't want someone that will cause trouble. I think that leaves most of the good coaches out.

HardCore

Quote from: okrazorback on March 16, 2018, 08:53:24 pm
Hire Pitino. He is a winner. That's all that matters. We gave up on Petrino. That was a stupid move. You will say we don't want someone that will cause trouble. I think that leaves most of the good coaches out.

Hire Pitino?  I agree.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

hog.goblin

Quote from: zsanfusa on March 16, 2018, 08:53:34 pm
23-12,  lead by 2 JUCO shooting guards who play questionable defense and yet reached 2 straight NCAATs.  They were recruited by No One.  And had a cumlitive star average of 0.  Stop crying, we overachieved with what we had.  Which should be a sign that our coach may have had some impact on Macon and Barford's development.  I expect this disrespect from a crap Uni like AUB fans, not our fan base.

A lot of truth here.  My primary issue with Mike has been a lack of recruiting.  That really hasn't changed, we just finally have some instate talent coming.

Muleriderhog

Quote from: zsanfusa on March 16, 2018, 08:53:34 pm
23-12,  lead by 2 JUCO shooting guards who play questionable defense and yet reached 2 straight NCAATs.  They were recruited by No One.  And had a cumlitive star average of 0.  Stop crying, we overachieved with what we had.  Which should be a sign that our coach may have had some impact on Macon and Barford's development.  I expect this disrespect from a crap Uni like AUB fans, not our fan base.
Barford was the number 1 JUCO in the country with 16 offers. Macon was the number 5 JUCO in the country with 3 offers. Don't make shite up. This team was talented as hell and Anderson screwed it up. It's time for him to go.

GO

If your waiting for permission. .  Permission granted!

CATSRKINGS

Pitino is a crook who just vacated a NCAA Title and may be put under a show cause order does Arkansas have to stoop that low  I find that hard to believe

cal34

Only way Mike leaves this year is if one of the schools in the Fbi investigation fires their coach & hires him.  Can't see that happening.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Muleriderhog on March 16, 2018, 09:13:33 pm
Barford was the number 1 JUCO in the country with 16 offers. Macon was the number 5 JUCO in the country with 3 offers. Don't make shite up. This team was talented as hell and Anderson screwed it up. It's time for him to go.

Haha my gosh we have some goobers for posters.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: hog.goblin on March 16, 2018, 09:07:56 pm
A lot of truth here.  My primary issue with Mike has been a lack of recruiting.  That really hasn't changed, we just finally have some instate talent coming.

Here's the thing about Mike. He refuses to get in the mud to get top recruits putting the Hogs behind the eight ball. That's fine I guess.But MA doesn't have the X's and O's skills to compensate for his lack of want too in recruiting.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: bkjbearcat on March 16, 2018, 09:59:13 pm
Here's the thing about Mike. He refuses to get in the mud to get top recruits putting the Hogs behind the eight ball. That's fine I guess.But MA doesn't have the X's and O's skills to compensate for his lack of want too in recruiting.
I'm honestly not sure he has the right "fire in the belly" either. Not saying he's a terrible coach, however, under Mike the extent of our NCAA Tournament success is an occasional first round win, and with the right bracket possibly even getting to the Sweet 16. Unfortunately that's pretty much the ceiling.

What's also bothered me is our inconsistent play during so many seasons. This year was a prime example: we did pretty well early one even against some decent in non conference competition. However, when you lose twice to a meh LSU squad, get beat badly by TAM, get blown out against a not so vintage Kentucky squad and then lose the last game against Mizzou knowing there's a ton riding on the SEC Tournament seeding all this with a very experience laden team then I truly have to wonder if he will EVER get it done. Seems to me next year likely will be much of the same (if not worse).

DeltaBoy

We won't be firing him unless we have pictures of him banging the AD's wife.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.