Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lance Wilhoite (UO lean)

Started by GoHogzzGo, March 14, 2018, 05:49:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

247Hog

Wow, that's awesome. Staff is doing everything it can get land the studs fo sho.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

East TN HAWG

I'd say we are the favorite.  WPS!!!

#1 STUNNA

EastTNHog

presidenthog

Just to calm some people down in here. The same site has him talking about Pruitt and tenner. He gushes about them as well

ricepig

Quote from: presidenthog on March 14, 2018, 07:50:14 pm
Just to calm some people down in here. The same site has him talking about Pruitt and tenner. He gushes about them as well

Yeah, until they name 2 or 3 and take an official, or sound serious about committing, I don't get excited about recruiting stories.

ballinhog

If this staff doesn't succeed in getting us among the top programs in the country then we never will be.

I don't think we could've possibly hired a harder working more capable coach than Chad Morris

presidenthog

Quote from: ballinhog on March 14, 2018, 08:15:38 pm
If this staff doesn't succeed in getting us among the top programs in the country then we never will be.

I don't think we could've possibly hired a harder working more capable coach than Chad Morris

Morris has us on a bunch of highly rated 4 star 6'4-6'5 wrs because of what he did with Courtland sutton or whatever that first round wr he had at smu. He needs to land these guys now or that play won't work after long.

redeye

That's what I like to see.  It's common for recruits to praise Arkansas to our recruiting guys, but less common for them to mention us among their leaders to other recruiting guys.  Hopefully we'll see more of this under Morris & Co.

GoHogzzGo

That's fair. Just glad we are truly in the running for a high ranked kid out of Nashville. Definitely counts for something.

It is a numbers game right? If we have a 33% chance, and then have a similar chance with a bunch of other top guys out of state, we should get a couple.... hopefully.

Plus those glowing remarks sure can't hurt  ;)
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

RedyorNot

Quote from: presidenthog on March 14, 2018, 08:33:04 pm
Morris has us on a bunch of highly rated 4 star 6'4-6'5 wrs because of what he did with Courtland sutton or whatever that first round wr he had at smu. He needs to land these guys now or that play won't work after long.

Start reading about halfway down and you'll see why the interest has been, is and will be with WR under Morris. Sutton may be the latest, but he references DeAndre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Martavis Bryant as well as Morris's coaching....

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/07/11/meet-smus-courtland-sutton-the-best-receiver-in-college-football/

#1 STUNNA

His name is treylon Burks

HogFoo

True.  Sutton is the best wr in the draft.   Which he was on campus recently, and ig im not mistaken he may have been there when wilhoite was there. I had saw on twitter where Sutton was at Arkansas , even did somr work, which was cool.  I will say that i dont agree that he'll only be able to get these guys cuz of Sutton tho.  Look, WRs are gonna want to come here and play cuz of the offense.  Morris can draw from his cred at Clemson as well.  His offense will speak for itself and him being a good recruiter.  Like ive said, Morris and staff are gonna kill it in recruiting and just get better with every class.  I predict this class will be a top 15-20  and be the best weve ever had in the SEC since Nuttsack got that 1 class tht was 16/17th.  They built it up at Clemson year by year and i can see how Morris will be doing the same here. We get this kid, Burks, j.jackson, man thats some great WR talent right there!  Definitely get excited seeing recruits outside the state saying things like this.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

ricepig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 14, 2018, 10:06:45 pm
His name is treylon Burks

Or Frank Ladson, Jalen Curry, Maurice Golsby, Trey Knox, Dylan Wright, Elijah Higgins, Kenyon Jackson......

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2018, 08:08:17 am
Or Frank Ladson, Jalen Curry, Maurice Golsby, Trey Knox, Dylan Wright, Elijah Higgins, Kenyon Jackson......

In state very good chance at getting..more so than anyone you just named... yea Treylon is our best shot if we are being real.

The_Boot_stops_here

Look, I don't know if we get this guy or not but, in reading that article, the way he talks about Tenner and Arkansas is not the same.  He talks about needing to repair the relationship with Tenner while gushing about Arkansas.  Now, he seems open to repairing the Tenner relationship but he makes it clear where Arkansas stands right now.  And that is near the top. 

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2018, 08:08:17 am

But out of the ones mentioned if we cant get Burks... id love to have Wright or Higgins!!!

liljo

Quote from: ballinhog on March 14, 2018, 08:15:38 pm

Man, I agree. 100%
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

ricepig

March 15, 2018, 10:20:39 am #19 Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 11:36:38 am by ricepig
Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 15, 2018, 08:46:51 am
In state very good chance at getting..more so than anyone you just named... yea Treylon is our best shot if we are being real.

I love to get talented Arkansas kids, but I love to get talented kids from wherever it might be.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2018, 10:20:39 am
I love to get talented Arkansas kids, but I love to get talented kids from wherever it not.
absolutely

Hog N Bama

Pruitt is about as exciting as a tree stump

presidenthog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 15, 2018, 09:06:31 am
But out of the ones mentioned if we cant get Burks... id love to have Wright or Higgins!!!

Knox is the one I'm feeling pretty heavily

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: presidenthog on March 15, 2018, 02:36:17 pm
Knox is the one I'm feeling pretty heavily
Thats a crime in some places LOL

Pig in the Pokey

"Arkansas really popped for the playmaker, as well.

"Not going to lie, I liked Arkansas a lot after the visit," Wilhoite said. "I want to go back. That put [the Razorbacks] higher on my list after that visit."

Not only does he want to go back, but he wants to back soon. The possible March 22 trip to Knoxville originally was planned for Arkansas, but it's spring break in Fayetteville.

Wilhoite values relationships a lot in his recruitment. Arkansas' staff did an excellent job using the visit to build some meaningful relationships.

"Other than Arkansas, maybe Ohio State and Florida State, I'm super comfortable with the whole entire staff," Wilhoite said. "Arkansas brought out everyone on their staff, including defense and special teams. I've built a relationship with every single one of the coaches. So that made them stand out to me."

It's only March and there is plenty of time for Pruitt and the staff to close the gap in this recruitment. "

woooo friggin piggy
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Porkys Revenge

Wilhoite is supposed to commit today.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on June 28, 2018, 11:29:37 am
Wilhoite is supposed to commit today.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. Oregon is the front runner for him

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on June 28, 2018, 11:35:26 am
I wouldn't get my hopes up. Oregon is the front runner for him

Yeah. I'll be surprised If we end up with anyone other than Nash, Jackson and Burks in this class. Which ain't too shabby.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on June 28, 2018, 11:39:42 am
Yeah. I'll be surprised If we end up with anyone other than Nash, Jackson and Burks in this class. Which ain't too shabby.
I think those 3 are the best bets. But if we sign a 4th, i think it will be Knox. He just got 2 more CB picks for Arkansas yesterday.

Peter Porker

This cannot be true. I was admonished and had a thread trashed that said Wilhoite eliminated Arkansas. Hogville posters said he's still visiting Arkansas (even though the kid said he wasn't) , so #Hoglock
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

SooieGeneris

You're aware that commitments are non-binding, right? Landing their signature on the first Weds. in Feb. 2019 is the ONLY thing that counts..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

imtad16

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on June 28, 2018, 11:42:54 am
I think those 3 are the best bets. But if we sign a 4th, i think it will be Knox. He just got 2 more CB picks for Arkansas yesterday.

You think we will get Dylan Wright back on an official visit?

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: imtad16 on June 28, 2018, 02:05:48 pm

You think we will get Dylan Wright back on an official visit?
I think we have a good chance to get Wright up here for an OV simply because of his relationship with Stepp, but i dont really see him committing to Arkansas. I say he signs with Texas or A&M

Porkys Revenge

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on June 28, 2018, 11:39:42 am
[/quot

Weren't in his top 4....i think he is going only on past performances....current ducks performance isnt that great.  It just shows you how reputation carries over.  Something CCM has to work yo create and overcome past performances.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 28, 2018, 01:34:57 pm
This cannot be true. I was admonished and had a thread trashed that said Wilhoite eliminated Arkansas. Hogville posters said he's still visiting Arkansas (even though the kid said he wasn't) , so #Hoglock
you said shamar Nash eliminated arkansas, too. your thread was

T R A S H
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Peter Porker

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 28, 2018, 03:36:01 pm
you said shamar Nash eliminated arkansas, too. your thread was

T R A S H

That's a lie. I wrote Otey, Wilhoite, and Washington. No need to lie.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 28, 2018, 04:13:44 pm
That's a lie. I wrote Otey, Wilhoite, and Washington. No need to lie.
not a lie, but perhaps a mistake so my bad if thats the case. i just remember the thread was a huge leap.
@Slackaveli

Peter Porker

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 28, 2018, 08:35:27 pm
not a lie, but perhaps a mistake so my bad if thats the case. i just remember the thread was a huge leap.

It's a lie. You said I said Nash and I never mentioned Nash, so you lied. Perhaps, you'd look and see before you post.

It wasn't a huge leap. Kids named the schools they were going to visit. Kids said they were committing during the summer. It doesn't take a scientific rocket to know if a kid isn't officially visiting then he ain't coming here.

Pig in the Pokey

look where? thru page after page with no search function? Naw, man. But dont call me a liar. I told you it was a mistake.
@Slackaveli

Peter Porker

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 28, 2018, 09:39:19 pm
look where? thru page after page with no search function? Naw, man. But dont call me a liar. I told you it was a mistake.

Call it what you want, but you said I said something I didn't say. That's a lie and it's T R A S H.

rljjr

So other than the lie/not lie the point is that Wilhoite is going to Oregon. //T H R E A D//