Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Expect the Hogs to lose tomorrow?!?

Started by NorthDallas40, March 02, 2018, 09:51:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthDallas40

I do. The recent wins have been nice, but our loses seem to  really show what this team is. Just when you think they've figured it out or turned the corner, they never do.

Hawg Red

Senior Day in Columbia. It'll be tough. I won't be surprised either way. We're hot.

wildturkey8

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on March 02, 2018, 09:51:06 am
I do. The recent wins have been nice, but our loses seem to  really show what this team is. Just when you think they've figured it out or turned the corner, they never do.
Sounds like you are hoping they lose just to prove your point.

DeltaBoy

Mike gets it done in Columbia tomorrow.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BannerMountainMan

Many people want this team to lose for their agenda, it's so sad, never seen anything like it
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

King Kong

I expect to lose. Mizz needs this game to ensure they are in. On the road SR day and they are a solid team that is coming off a confidence building road win.

I hope our team can bring the same grit they did at UGA and Bama and pull it out.

King Kong

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 02, 2018, 10:07:46 am
Many people want this team to lose for their agenda, it's so sad, never seen anything like it

I don't want this team to lose. A win here would be great for Seeding purposes in both the SECt and NCAAt

Danny J

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 02, 2018, 09:52:01 am
Senior Day in Columbia. It'll be tough. I won't be surprised either way. We're hot.
Yeah could go either way and neither would be surprising

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: King Kong on March 02, 2018, 10:10:18 am
I don't want this team to lose. A win here would be great for Seeding purposes in both the SECt and NCAAt
i agree!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Hogeye_Pierce

I'll be surprised (pleasantly) if they do win in Columbia just as I was surprised by the W's at Jawja and Bama. Odds are against it though.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

liljo

Missouri.......................................sorry for the delay, had to go spit:
Missouri is 12-4, I believe, at home, and with the exception of a double-digit loss to Auburn, they've played everyone tough there. Not only is it Senior Night, but I think the...fans..................................(had to spit again), really get up for Arkansas and Coach Anderson.

That's a lot of stuff stacked against the Hogs, who barely beat Missouri at home this year....Any logical analysis of the situation points to a tough game with a disappointing ending for Our Beloved Hogs. Therefore:

HOGS BY 10+! ! !

;D
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

sadhogfan

I expect a loss, not because this team has not "turned the corner," but because Mizzou is a good team and we are playing at their place on Senior Day.

Your reasoning, however, is suspect, and belies your agenda. Seemingly any loss proves that we have a bad team.

News flash: we are going to the tournament, again. A Mike Anderson-coached team is surging to success in February, again. Our program is as good as it has been in 20 years. And it is all being done above board, in an honorable way, while major programs left and right are being outed for cheating.

If you cannot sit back and enjoy that reality, and instead want dwell to on every loss and bemoan that we are not as good as UCLA of the 70s, then I feel sorry for you.

code red

Hogs will have to beat the crowd.....the refs and the Tigers.  It will be tough no doubt.  I fully expect Porter will play.  WPS!!!!
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

raz1965

I expect the hogs to win, but a 50/50 chance on the road against a good team is realistically bout the chances, which would be the case with most any team with the exceptions of the elite few which are rare this year.

wildturkey8

I hope we win, just to shut some of this up.  If we lose, I fully expect the usual suspects to be pounding away.

rude1

I have given up trying to anticipate what this team will do. Might come out and deliver a stellar performance or might offer up another blow out defeat. They have been Jekyll and Hyde all season.

Knot2brite

I expect them to go play hard and execute their offense and defense to the highest level they can.....whether they win or lose depends on if they execute to the highest level they can and no one can predict that ....
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

GlassofSwine

This is stupid, after starting conference 1-3 we have gone 10-4. 3 of those losses in the last 14 games are against teams projected to be in the tournament and only 1 of them was at home. LSU is the only bad loss in the last 14 games. Missouri may well beat us but it isn't because this team is a bad team or hasn't improved over the season.

GoHogzzGo

Well Vegas called the Auburn upset. (Not that they are always right of course)

What are they saying for this game, I saw Ark -4.5, is that right? Surprised me, figured Misery would be favored by around 1ish.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

jgphillips3

I have no feel for this one.  I believe we can pull out a close win but if we lose it won't be close.  If I have any gut feeling at all, it is that we will put up a fight this time and not fold like we were mid-season at times.

sickboy

I don't understand why anyone would start a thread like this. If I have such a negative thought, I'm perfectly fine just stewing on it myself. No need to start an entire thread to cement my pessimism.

farmhawg

You are a pitiful fan.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Inhogswetrust

Your new Delta Tau Chi name is: Debbie Downer. No wait I'm sorry even they wouldn't let you pledge...............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

k.c.hawg

Quote from: farmhawg on March 02, 2018, 11:51:03 am
You are a pitiful fan.
Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 02, 2018, 11:56:40 am
Your new Delta Tau Chi name is: Debbie Downer. No wait I'm sorry even they wouldn't let you pledge...............

You guys take it easy on him. He's had a really tough second half of the year, only being able to post on 3 of the last 12 games. At least he's getting out in front of this one instead of waiting until last 30 seconds.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

mizzouman

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

WooPigFarm

no pressure on the hogs, pressure is on misery... i expect a good hard fought game down to the wire... hogs win with free throws

Cotton

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 02, 2018, 09:52:01 am
Our momentum and confidence levels are way up right now... I think they are more worried about us than we are about them.

That being said, the game could go either way.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

alohawg

If this team continues to build momentum it"ll be the seniors taking charge. Go hogs!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

RacinRazorback

We have surprised me as of late, hope this trend continues! WPS A tight game for sure, surprise me again with another big W! Piss on the tiggers!

The Hogfather

What about our losses, though?

cityhog

a double bye is on the line. really hoping for the win tomorrow. plus i HATE Misery.

porkrindjimmy

So let me get this straight. We have won 21 games but your theory is our 9 losses show who we really are...Hmmm.. interesting.

LMAO. You really thought this up all on your own? Our losses, which are way less than our wins, show us who we really are? My Lord son, get a grip.

We may lose tomorrow. I don't expect it. I ain't predicting it. I love my hogs and by God, I go into every game thinking we are going to win but Mizzou has a pretty good team and it's in Columbia so....

Daniel Gafford will put us on his back and carry us to a win tomorrow...

But by all means good fan. Carry on that agenda.

PRJ

CiriusPorker

It's a road game.  I have a slight expectation that we're going to lose.  I do think we're a better team tho.  Let's see how that plays out for us.

hogfan98

So to you our 9 losses are a bigger reflection of who we are over our 21 wins?  Did we get lucky 21 times this year?  Even though your agenda is clear this is one of the dumber things I've read recently.

To your question, I expect a loss more because we're playing a pretty decent team on senior night than anything else.

RedBird5

Though I see what you are saying, I don't think one loss means we haven't turned the corner.  But you may be exactly right.  Hope not! 😀

niels_boar

Porter is going to play apparently.  That's going to have the crowd in a frenzy and give a big emotional lift to their team regardless of how much he adds on the court, which could be substantial.  We have zero tape with him in the lineup. All the emotional factors favor Mizzou.  They need the game more.  They are at home. It's Senior Day.  Our guys are decompressing from an emotional Senior Day against a ranked team.  A win in this one would say much more about our team than a loss. A loss is the more probable outcome.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

The Hogfather

Quote from: niels_boar on March 02, 2018, 01:38:20 pm
Porter is going to play apparently.  That's going to have the crowd in a frenzy and give a big emotional lift to their team regardless of how much he adds on the court, which could be substantial.  We have zero tape with him in the lineup. All the emotional factors favor Mizzou.  They need the game more.  They are at home. It's Senior Day.  Our guys are decompressing from an emotional Senior Day against a ranked team.  A win in this one would say much more about our team than a loss. A loss is the more probable outcome.

He's an idiot for playing.

rljjr

We need this win to secure a double bye. Johnny Holmes will play.

niels_boar

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 02, 2018, 01:47:15 pm
He's an idiot for playing.

Oh, I agree.  See the post I made in the Porter thread.  He's projected in the top 5 now.  The advice from NBA execs for him to play has a bigger payoff for them than him.  In fact, most of the payoff for him is on the downside.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

mizzouman

Quote from: niels_boar on March 02, 2018, 01:54:25 pm
Oh, I agree.  See the post I made in the Porter thread.  He's projected in the top 5 now.  The advice from NBA execs for him to play has a bigger payoff for them than him.  In fact, most of the payoff for him is on the downside.
There's no indication that he will play.  Decision will be made after practice today or more than likely on gameday.  Also, will probably come back rusty anyway, but who knows.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 02, 2018, 10:07:46 am

I have family that just cannot enjoy the team because of their Disdain for mike Anderson as a coach.  Really sad ppl just cannot enjoy the wins.

HognotinMemphis

I will be mildly surprised if the Hogs win at Mizzou.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hollywood_HOGan45

One of our better teams beat a bad mizzou team there in 14-15.  They really hate Arkansas and mike. They take it up a notch. I'll be surprised to get a w. Would be icing if we did.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 02, 2018, 02:14:15 pm

Oh I am sure you will.

Stooge.

PRJ

TuCanSam

Hogs seem to be clicking at the right time! I'm thinking a 20+ pt win
"SMILE!!!!"
-John L. SMith

TuCanSam

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 02, 2018, 02:14:15 pm

Biggest hater on hogville ladies and gentlemen... hate saying this because I'm from Memphis
"SMILE!!!!"
-John L. SMith

MB Hog

Quote from: niels_boar on March 02, 2018, 01:38:20 pm
No telling whether that would help them or hurt them.  If he comes out rusty, he could end up wasting some opportunities for them that someone else who has been in the flow of the offense would be giving up.  If he comes out hot, the rest of the team might be tempted to turn into spectators to see what he can do... which would also affect the flow of the offense they've been honing.  Also, no way he has great stamina built up yet, so his impact, positive or negative, should come in spurts.  And someone or several players would be losing playing time to him, which can affect the role they've been playing and the mindset they bring to the game. 

That said, I think the key to whether we win or lose is if we can play 40 minutes of team ball and stay away from the 1-on-1 mentality that rears its ugly head in our bad games.

The Hogfather

Quote from: TuCanSam on March 02, 2018, 02:28:15 pm
Hogs seem to be clicking at the right time! I'm thinking a 20+ pt win

No

GuvHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 02, 2018, 11:37:36 am
I have no feel for this one.  I believe we can pull out a close win but if we lose it won’t be close.  If I have any gut feeling at all, it is that we will put up a fight this time and not fold like we were mid-season at times.

Arkansas beat Missouri in a close one in BWA but the Hogs are playing MUCH better than they played back then. Missouri however, isn't playing any better. I don't expect a blowout but I do expect the Hogs to win
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!