Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LYON COLLEGE WOMEN'S BASKETBALL JUMPS TO NO. 17 IN NAIA TOP 25 POLL

Started by Seminole Indian, February 28, 2018, 09:31:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Lyon College women's basketball team jumped one spot in the latest NAIA Division I Women's Basketball Top 25 Poll, to No. 14, which was released by the NAIA national office on Tuesday.

The Scots are four points ahead of Rocky Mountain (Mont.) for the 17th spot, receiving 104 total points.

Lyon enters the AMC Tournament on Thursday as the No. 3 overall seed after finishing AMC play at 19-5. Lyon is currently 23-6 on the year.

Shawnee State University sits at No. 1 in the poll and is receiving all nine first-place votes. AMC foe Freed-Hardeman is in second, while Campbellsville University sits in third.

Westmont College sits ranked fourth, while Oklahoma City rounds out the top five sitting in fifth.

Other conference teams ranked in the poll are No. 6 Columbia and No. 19 Lindenwood-Belleville. The Cougars jumped two spots from No. 8, while the Lynx moved up one spot from No. 20.

Lyon will host sixth-seeded Missouri Baptist in the AMC Tournament Quarterfinals on Thursday. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. inside Becknell Gymnasium.

http://www.lyonscots.com/article/3322.php
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne