Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

game two of the madiera tourneyman tonight

Started by flippinhogmana, February 23, 2018, 05:49:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

not sure when this game will start as it was supposed to start fifteen minutes ago but the first one just ended.
the first game was about thirty minutes late so I suspect that start time for this game wont be before 6 pm our time, probably later.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Razorback SB tweeted out that it would start at approx 6:10 CT.

Just FYI.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 23, 2018, 05:56:54 pm
Razorback SB tweeted out that it would start at approx 6:10 CT.

Just FYI.

excellent, thanks Brother Psych!
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Okay, Mr. Krzsko is broadcasting again, God love him. https://www.pscp.tv/w/1RDGldBrQYmGL

Buzcek leads off, easy comebacker to the Jaspers' pitcher, 1 down.
McEwen blasts a 2-2 pitch into the RC gap for a stand up double. Nice swing! Runner on 2, 1 out.
Krzysko walks, runners on 1/2, 1 out.
Cooper goes up 3-0 and walks on 4 pitches, bases loaded, 1 out.
After another ball to Green, the coach comes out to talk to the Manhattan P.
Green pops out to 3b, 2 down.
Malkin hits a deep, but high fly ball to CF for out 3.

Storms in the circle for the Hogs.

flippinhogmana

psycHOGlogist

psycHOGlogist

B1 -
Sorry - I think I missed a play when I was in the kitchen. I think there's one out. Maybe a K? Stat link is still not working for backup.
Next batter grounds to Diaz, who flips to ... Manzo? covering first, 2 outs.
Next batter hits a VERY high chopper over Storms, but Buczek rushes in to gun her down at first. Really good play.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 23, 2018, 06:19:20 pm
B1 -
Sorry - I think I missed a play when I was in the kitchen. I think there's one out. Maybe a K? Stat link is still not working for backup.

it was a K

psycHOGlogist

flippinhogmana

psycHOGlogist

Random thoughts:

Belans is a FL native, so I'm really curious about the decision not to play her -- even in a PH capacity last game -- in her home state. However, the W over Marist was the first game in which a non-pitcher infielder didn't make an error.

Manzo up, takes a strike, tries to bunt, but foul. Down 0-2. Takes on upstairs and then hits a flair single out to LF. I like her at the plate.
Diaz grounds into the 5-4-3 DP. :-( Very clear why Ashley is the first one to be PR'ed for ;-)
Bugarin hits a chopper to 3rd, which the 3b doesn't play cleanly, and Bugarin legs it out. Runner on 1, 2 out. They scored that as E5.
Bugarin steals 2nd.
Stat feed is up, fyi. http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=212637
Buczek works a full count and then singles out to LF, Bugarin to 3b. Hammerin Hannah to the plate.
Buczek steals 2b. Runners 2/3, 2 out.
McEwen grounds out to 1b, ending the threat.

Due up for Manhattan - 7-8-9.

With apologies - this is the T3 coming up, not B2. Missed the entire first half-inning of Manhattan at the plate. 

psycHOGlogist

T3 -
Batter singles right past Storms' head. She gets a glove on it, but can't slow it down. Runner on 1, 0 out.
2nd hitter goes down 1-2 on bunt attempts, then walks. Runners on 1/2, 0 outs.
Horrible defense - batter bunts, Buczek fields cleanly, but there is no one at 1b to throw to. Everyone's safe, bases loaded no outs.
Hogs turn the 1-2-3 DP - sharp grounder to Storms, goes home for the force, then Green guns down the runner at 1b. Runners at 2/3, 2 outs.
No harm no foul - easy grounder to SS to end the inning. Phew!!!

Due up: Krzysko, Cooper, Green.

flippinhogmana

Autumn doesnt look especially sharp.

WE are lucky we arent down in this one. 

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 23, 2018, 06:35:21 pm
Autumn doesnt look especially sharp.

She got a couple up in the zone there, definitely.

psycHOGlogist

B3
Krzysko walks.
Cooper lines into a DP - Krzysko caught leaning off first on a hard liner to 3b. 2 outs.
Green knocks an infield single off the pitcher's glove. Runner on 1, 2 outs.
Malkin nearly destroys Mr. Krzysko's phone on a foul ball lol.
Then she walks - Runners on 1/2, 2 out.
Manhattan coach out to talk to his P. Deifel also having a word with ump.
Manzo up.
Pitcher working outside but can't find the zone, goes down 3-0.
But Manzo has the green light (why?) and grounds softly to SS who get the force on Malkin at 2b. Another 2 LOB.

Due up for Manhattan: 3-4-5

flippinhogmana

Belans is a FL native, so I'm really curious about the decision not to play her -- even in a PH capacity last game -- in her home state.

I wondered about that (maybe sick?).  Not in this one either.

flippinhogmana

those twin killings are hurting us.  But Green is still busting it.  Just cant keep starting these rallies with two out.

Sow’sEar

That foul straight back into the fence hit the camera for the twitter feed but I would argue it's now a better view.  You can see the action at first base...

psycHOGlogist

T4 -
First batter singles past Diaz, runner on 1, 0 out.
Next batter K's, 1 down.
Weird play - Manhattan batter seemed to foul it off her foot, but Buczek fields throws her out at 1b. Out is recorded, runner now at 2b. 2 outs.
And we have (I assume?) our first error. Grounder to deep short, Buczek's throw dies before reaching Diaz, who doesn't field it. Runners at 1/3, 2 outs.
Autumn ends it with another K.
And it was E3 - Diaz.

Due up for the Hogs - Diaz, Bugarin, Buczek

psycHOGlogist

B4 -
Diaz - shows patience and walks. Like clockwork, Haizlip in to PR.
Trying to play small ball, Bugarin bunt/waves at a ball in the dirt, 2-2 count.
Forget small ball, though --  Bugarin RIPS one over the LF wall. HR Hogs, 2-0!
No outs, top of the order up.
Buczek hits an excuse me bouncer to P, easy play. 1 out.
McEwen singles (apparently) past the 1b (off camera). Runner on 1, 1 out.
Krzysko grounds sharply to SS, who misplays the bounce, everyone's safe. Runners at 1/2, 1 out. E6, undoubtedly. (It is)
Cooper comes THIS close to getting a bloop single over the SS, but she makes a nice running grab, 2 out.
Green hits a check swing bloop to 2b to end the inning.

Hogs lead 2-0 after 4.

Due up to face Storms: 8-9-1

flippinhogmana

psycHOGlogist

T5
Storms starts out a little rough with some balls high to first hitter, goes down 3-0. Gets her on a 3-1 comebacker, 1 down.
Manhattan puts up a pinch hitter. She hits a high chopper that looks like trouble, but Storms fields and throws her out. 2 down.
3rd out comes on one-hopper to Manzo. Relatively easy inning for Storms.

Due up for the Hogs - Malkin, Manzo, Diaz

psycHOGlogist

February 23, 2018, 07:14:03 pm #22 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:25:19 pm by psycHOGlogist
B5 -
Malkin hits a REAAAAAALLLY long single off the wall in RF. She wisely stops at first. Runner on 1, 0 out.
Looks like a PR for Malkin, and Manzo takes the first pitch smoothly back up the middle for a single. Runners on 1/2, 0 out.
Pitching change for the Jaspers. And yes, Parr is the PR for Malkin.
Here you go, flippin - Dotson in to run. And they immediately do the double steal successfully! WPS!
Runners at 2/3, 0 out.
Diaz is showing some good zone awareness this year - she walks again. Bases loaded, 0 out.
New pitcher has a nice change of speeds.
Bugarin down 1-2, rips a liner past the 3b into LF, scoring 2 runs. 4-0 Hogs. She's on 2b, Diaz on 3b, 0 outs.
Buczek puts down a gorgeous bunt - runners stay put and Autumn is safe at  1b. Bases loaded, 0 outs.
McEwen swings at 1st pitch and singles to shallow RF, scoring one. Bases loaded, 0 outs still.
Krzysko hits the SF to deep left field, scoring Bugarin. Runners at corners, 1 out.
Cooper pops out to deep SS. 2 out. It's 6-0 Hogs, btw.
Green goes down 1-2, and pops out to C. But the Hogs plate 4 to take a comfortable lead into the 6th.

Due up to face Autumn: 2-3-4

flippinhogmana

good start.  looks like Malkin is leveling out her swing. 

and manzo is looking good at the plate and generally in the field.

and another Dodson sighting!

flippinhogmana

bugarin was going for another jack there!
not too bad of a consolation prize.
Cooper is really scuffling.

psycHOGlogist

T6 -
Storms plunks the first batter. Runner on 1, 0 outs.
Next batter grounds to SS, Buczek gets her at 1b, runner advances to 2b. 1 out.
Another good play in the hole - Buczek fields, holds runner, throws out batter at 1b. 2 out.
Batter singles to LC, runner scores from 2b. Hitter advances to 2b on the throw. 6-1 Hogs. Pitch was up in the zone.
Kick save and a beaut!!! Batter grounds hard up the middle, Storms KICKS at it with her right foot and it bounces up nicely into her glove; she calmly turns and throws out runner at 1b. "I planned that."

Due up for Hogs - Parr (Malkin?), Manzo, Diaz

flippinhogmana

that last out had about a fortunate bounce as I have ever seen.
sorry, thought I had waited long enough to post, twitter is more delayed than I thought.

psycHOGlogist

February 23, 2018, 07:31:55 pm #27 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:42:54 pm by psycHOGlogist
B6 -
Parr gets the AB.
She smashes it past the 3b and stretches it into a VERY close play at 2nd, but it's a double. The Manhattan fans DON'T like the call, but the stream didn't have a great view.
Manzo not only has a good swing, she has a good eye. She walks. Runners 1/2, no outs.
Diaz cracks one out to CF, scoring Parr from 2b. Manzo holds at 2b, runners still 1/2, no outs. 7-1 Hogs.
Another Manhattan pitching change.
Her first live pitch gets by the C, runners advance to 2/3. If we get 2 more across, game over by run rule.
Manhattan's catcher apparently thinks she's Yadier Molina - she thinks she's going to throw behind everyone and get them. (She's not.)
Bugarin with the infield single scoring Manzo from 3b - 8-1 Hogs. One more ... Runners at 1/2 -- but the runner at 2b is Diaz, so ... no speed.
But Buczek works the walk, so now Ashley is just down at 3b.
Bases loaded, 0 outs for McEwen.
And that should be the game, I think - yes.
McEwen grounds hard to 1b, they throw home but the catcher bobbles the ball, Diaz scores. 9-1 Hogs, run rule win.

Two games, two run rules.

Me likey!!!

flippinhogmana

we have had a different hitting star every game so far.  But Hammerin Hannah and Buczek are doing pretty steady now, so has Manzo since she got the start.  I think Malkin is going to round in pretty good too.  Diaz is hitting better this year than last so far as well.

flippinhogmana

psycHOGlogist

Fun stat: Against Manhattan, Hogs hit .400 with RISP. Pretty good. Against Marist, we hit .583 with RISP. Even better.

Heck, I know it's Marist and Manhattan, but I like the performance and confidence building. WPS!

budweiser35

Parr is 4-4 now and defensively the best outfielder...tons of speed.....that kid needs some more at bats and playing time

Sow’sEar

Thank you for the updates and the play by play.  Can't wait to get up to Bogle and watch them...

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: budweiser35 on February 23, 2018, 07:51:52 pm
Parr is 4-4 now and defensively the best outfielder...tons of speed.....that kid needs some more at bats and playing time

I have been SO impressed by her! I was actually worried about OF depth coming into the year after losing Canfield and Schroeder. But with McEwen showing up ready to play and Parr's emergence, there is enough talent out there to bring Bugarin into the IF -- where she has done a pretty decent job so far, imo.

Look at the talent that wasn't playing much last year -- Parr, Manzo, McEwen, Green, Malkin ... I'm stoked about the youth on this team.