Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hudson Henry recaps recent visits, talks upcoming Arkansas trip

Started by Richard Davenport, February 22, 2018, 10:13:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

RD, when I click the link I get a story about Dylan Wright rather than Hudson Henry.  Did the article change at the same link?

Thanks
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

razorjacket43

I think this young man has a great head on his shoulders and will respect his pick on where he wants to go. That being said would love to see him as a HOG!
One day soon, I see a National Championship Trophy in our Trophy Case........................

AlmaHog2011

I don't have any inside info. But IMHO he is not coming here.

Way too excited about his summer visits and no so much when talking about Arkansas.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 04, 2018, 07:03:33 pm

Way too excited about his summer visits and no so much when talking about Arkansas.

Hunter did the same thing and I'm sure some were saying the same then.

fullfan

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 04, 2018, 07:03:33 pm

You could be right and that would probably be the read right now.   However, it may change if he likes the direction of the program with the new staff next season.    He doesn't seem to indicate he will just fall in lockstep as a legacy.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: fullfan on March 04, 2018, 07:39:53 pm
You could be right and that would probably be the read right now.   However, it may change if he likes the direction of the program with the new staff next season.    He doesn't seem to indicate he will just fall in lockstep as a legacy.

I hope I am wrong. Just from reading that is the feeling I get. Nothing inside and certainly I don't know anything but what I read. Looks bad at this time to me. Not that it matters I am a nobody.

1highhog

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 04, 2018, 07:55:10 pm
I hope I am wrong. Just from reading that is the feeling I get. Nothing inside and certainly I don't know anything but what I read. Looks bad at this time to me. Not that it matters I am a nobody.

Well, he knows full well that if he comes here that he'll be treated like royalty for the rest of his life, and he knows he can get drafted here just as well as from any other program.

DuckTalesLOL

Like he's mentioned multiple times, it all comes down to use. He wants to go somewhere where he will get to catch passes and not just block. He will get to see some of that during the Red/White game, but how we utilize our TE's during this next year will be important.

I'm not sure if any of you caught this, but during the post practice press conference Saturday, Coach Morris mentioned "of the passes we attempted during practice, our TE's were targeted 52% of the time". That seems like it was a nod to Henry to me.

blu

Caught that too - was thinking the same thing. You know coach wants to lock up our top state recruits.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

presidenthog

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on March 05, 2018, 01:46:07 pm
Like he's mentioned multiple times, it all comes down to use. He wants to go somewhere where he will get to catch passes and not just block. He will get to see some of that during the Red/White game, but how we utilize our TE's during this next year will be important.

I'm not sure if any of you caught this, but during the post practice press conference Saturday, Coach Morris mentioned "of the passes we attempted during practice, our TE's were targeted 52% of the time". That seems like it was a nod to Henry to me.

He has been recruiting Henry from day 1. Go back and check his initial statements from his first PC

31to6

Quote from: Richard Davenport on March 04, 2018, 07:38:55 pm
Hunter did the same thing and I'm sure some were saying the same then.
If I were a 17 year old 5* and knew I was going to commit to the Hogs, I would totally take my 4 other OV's and try to see places like Notre Dame, USC, Alabama, and so on. I mean, they get treated like young gods and they get to see games in some of the truly legendary stadiums in CFB--and I'd say nice things to their reporters about the visit.... because that is the right thing to do.

But, why on earth would you not go?

So why get all anxious when an Arkansas prospect gets attention. If he's gone, he's gone. If he stays, the attention helps the program.

Tick Hog

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on March 05, 2018, 01:46:07 pm

I also noticed that in one of his interviews with Quinn Grovey while breaking down film he said the first thing we're going to do is see how the defense is going to play our TE. I really believe that position will be utilized in the passing game.

sowmonella

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 04, 2018, 07:55:10 pm

I promise you are worrying for nothing.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

PlanoHog

As i mentioned a couple weeks ago, things have improved for the Hogs with Hudson. Let him work thru the process and visits. He's got some genuine desires to make his own path that he's shared with the coaches at the schools he's visited. He's a very smart kid that wants to be 100% sure.

On another note, Ohio State leads for Jalen Curry. This was a byproduct of GG interest. Think this will all be settled by end of July. One kid that visited UA this week is Virdel Edwards. He's a DB 6'2+ 215 . His stock will rise a lot this spring and summer. He plays WR as well with size, speed and can bring the wood.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003