Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 24, 2024, 11:59:40 pm

Oklahoma State

Started by HawgHeadCheese, February 10, 2018, 01:58:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgHeadCheese

I saw they just beat WVU at home. That home win might've been a little better than we originally thought.

greenEGnHAWGS

Can't be. We are average...

....right?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

HawgHeadCheese

Lol those guys are a little better than hogville gave credit.

hogsanity

If they had not been missing two of their top players they would have beaten the Hogs by 10+.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 02:15:08 pm
If they had not been missing two of their top players they would have beaten the Hogs by 10+.
Who were there top 2 players? The last 3 minutes I saw they were playing the same guys we played. I didn't see the whole game so I'm not sure

hogsanity

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on February 10, 2018, 02:18:22 pm
Who were there top 2 players? The last 3 minutes I saw they were playing the same guys we played. I didn't see the whole game so I'm not sure

Smith who had 20 today at WVU did not play against the Hogs. Cant remember the other one off hand.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 02:27:06 pm
Smith who had 20 today at WVU did not play against the Hogs. Cant remember the other one off hand.

Silly facts.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 02:27:06 pm

Want matter. If they keep winning it will only help the Razorbacks.

From Tusk Till Dawn

If Portis and Qualls dont leave early we go deep in the dance?  I respect your opinion but its still a W regardless of who took the floor.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on February 10, 2018, 03:31:53 pm
If Portis and Qualls dont leave early we go deep in the dance?  I respect your opinion but its still a W regardless of who took the floor.

I don't respect his opinion. His passion when basketball is struggling is at a much different level than when football was getting thrashed by 50 points a game.   It's almost like he's happy when basketball loses.

Such garbage.

Atlhogfan1

Dumb thread.  OP didn't even know OSU was short handed vs Hogs.  Ran here to stir the pot and looked ignorant doing it.   

But the rpi numbers don't care so it will make our win look better. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

King Kong

This is whatever. I'm glad OSU won to help our RPI some they are a good not great team.

We probably got alittle lucky with them not score on that back door cut on the last play and they were down 2 good players. But in the end a win is a win. Just like our 8 losses right now are hurting us

ShadowHawg

Using hater logic from this thread...

Duke and Villanova are bad because they lost a team with a losing record.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on February 10, 2018, 03:34:52 pm
I don't respect his opinion. His passion when basketball is struggling is at a much different level than when football was getting thrashed by 50 points a game.   It's almost like he's happy when basketball loses.

Such garbage.
My first year on this board so I dont have your history.  However, Early in the season he said we would need more help from our bench because the Barford and Macon wouldnt always put up the types of numbers they were putting up.  Everyone got all over his case, and I thought that was odd.  Now that the season is windong down every other post talks about this very same thing.  So ya I respect his opinion, dont have to agree all the time but he knows bball.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 10, 2018, 03:38:23 pm
Dumb thread.  OP didn't even know OSU was short handed vs Hogs.  Ran here to stir the pot and looked ignorant doing it.   

Sir the pot? What pot? I was at a bar and saw they won the dang game bruh. I knew they shorthanded just didn't know who it was or when they were coming back because I'm a Arkansas fan not OSU. And regardless of who played that win still helps our RPI if they keep winning. Check all my post I'm not a CMA hater or lover just a hog fan you clown.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on February 10, 2018, 04:15:21 pm
Sir the pot? What pot? I was at a bar and saw they won the dang game bruh. I knew they shorthanded just didn't know who it was or when they were coming back because I'm a Arkansas fan not OSU. And regardless of who played that win still helps our RPI if they keep winning. Check all my post I'm not a CMA hater or lover just a hog fan you clown.

It was good for our rpi especially with OU losing again. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 10, 2018, 03:30:26 pm
Want matter. If they keep winning it will only help the Razorbacks.

agree completely.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 10, 2018, 03:38:23 pm

Stupid to state them being shorthanded because no Tournament committee member will.

Volley!
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hogsanity

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 10, 2018, 04:28:16 pm
Stupid to state them being shorthanded because no Tournament committee member will.

Volley!

tournament committee SUPPOSEDLY does take those things into acct.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 10, 2018, 04:28:16 pm

Volley!

They know.  Whether or not it would become a factor would come down to comparing our best wins against another team.  That would be getting into the minutia and not likely it would get down to that. 

Pigasaurus

You play who is on the court. We won. Jesus.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

jabber71

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 10, 2018, 03:23:55 pm
Silly facts.

Still never heard of the second one was. We can only play the team against us. What does it matter who is not playing... do we have to put an asterisk by the win, if not what does it matter?
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

Mr.Gruntastic

Don't some of you b@&#*es have a #metoo movement to worry about instead of Arkansas basketball. 

We beat an OSU team with a mediocre coach.  We just beat Vandy with a mediocre coach. 

Go back to worrying about you ladies sexual harassment movement. 

jbcarol

Delphi Bracketology
‏ @DelphiBrackets
23s24 seconds ago

Oklahoma St has played 22 games vs top 50 kenpom.
No bad losses
Every loss was to tourney team except Baylor is in consideration
Beat 1 seed twice
Beat 4/5 seed
Beat 4 seed on road
Beat 9 seed
Beat 10 seed twice
Beat 11 seed

Delphi Bracketology
‏ @DelphiBrackets
2m2 minutes ago

Oklahoma St played
Wichita St
Texas A&M
Arkansas
Florida St
Tulsa
Pittsburgh

Other 7 non conf had some really bad records. Played 4 sun 300 RPI

OkSt also played four teams with an RPI over 300.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

TeufelHog

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

raz1965

I would chose okie st over okie for the tourney.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: TeufelHog on March 11, 2018, 12:13:24 pm
^^^^^THIS^^^^^
wasnt that the game they called everything against us down the stretch? Even the two out of bounds calls were the wrong calls. That's why it was close
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"