Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Satellite Internet Service?

Started by longtimeHogfan, January 26, 2018, 02:50:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

longtimeHogfan

Anybody use that?  Satellite internet service?  I've been a Cox customer for several years and I'm looking at HughesNet for our internet service provider.  Anyone have any experience with them?
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

HawgWild

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: HawgWild on January 26, 2018, 02:58:37 pm
Read HootietheHolg's experience with HughesNet. 

Whoa....glad I moseyed back over here to check for comments.  What an experience.  We started out several years ago with a bundled package with Cox.  Phone, internet, TV.  About three years ago we gave up the phone, switched to Dish for TV and still have Cox for Internet.  If Hughes or someone offered something that was as good for less I'd switch from Cox.  So far I've not found anything any better.   
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

woodrow hog call

We use HughesNet although it has another name too, it's about $60 a month for a plan with a 10gig limit. ( I think that's right)  There is a new one coming that I will check into, WOW Fast Internet, or something like that, it is a cellular signal that they send by attaching something to the rural water towers. World Of Wireless in Ft Smith is advertising it, and it is unlimited data with high speed internet.

It is not available to me yet but when it is, I will be highly interested in it because Cox is not an option for me. I have wanted to drop my Direct TV, but at only 10gig of sat internet a month, that's not happening.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"