Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will CM recruit in Missouri?

Started by bkjbearcat, December 12, 2017, 08:36:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bkjbearcat

Looking at 247, MO looks wide open. Now that Pinkel is gone the state seems to be anyone's games. All of the top 2018 recruits don't seem to be going to Missouri. Top recruit is going to Ohio St. Second is going to Oklahoma. In fact out of only one of the top five seems to lean MO. Could be a few steals there in 2019 class.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=MO
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Richard Davenport

Only makes sense to recruit the state that borders you. Even if it's just spot recruiting.

SPAL

If there is a left lane through Missouri, he'll recruit there.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 12, 2017, 10:20:12 pm
If there is a left lane through Missouri, he'll recruit there.

There is, but CCM had better be careful. You can get a ticket for holding up traffic driving in the left lane in Missouri.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

mizzourazorback

People annoy the crap out of me driving in Missouri. They don't get the concept of passing in the left lane and merge to the right when someone is behind you in the left lane. I've lived here for three years and not once have I seen a sign that says SLOW TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT sign.

jackflash

I think it  will depend  on if their is prospect  interest in the hogs

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: mizzourazorback on December 13, 2017, 09:31:44 am
People annoy the crap out of me driving in Missouri. They don't get the concept of passing in the left lane and merge to the right when someone is behind you in the left lane. I've lived here for three years and not once have I seen a sign that says SLOW TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT sign.

One of my friends got a ticket in southwest Missouri earlier this year for holding up traffic in the left lane, so there's that.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

hog of steele

I hope he does. But just thinking about this makes me grind my teeth and mumble about Dorial Green Beckham.

Tusks

Wasn't there a 4* DE/DT that was on a visit at the UA last spring that said it was too country and announced his top 5 while he was on his UA visit and the hogs weren't in it.

So just because it's open don't mean you get them.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hog of steele

Quote from: tusked on December 13, 2017, 10:16:10 am
Wasn't there a 4* DE/DT that was on a visit at the UA last spring that said it was too country and announced his top 5 while he was on his UA visit and the hogs weren't in it.

LOL. I hope that happened. That is classy.

ChicoHog

Quote from: bkjbearcat on December 12, 2017, 08:36:54 pm
Looking at 247, MO looks wide open. Now that Pinkel is gone the state seems to be anyone's games. All of the top 2018 recruits don't seem to be going to Missouri. Top recruit is going to Ohio St. Second is going to Oklahoma. In fact out of only one of the top five seems to lean MO. Could be a few steals there in 2019 class.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=MO
After looking at that list it seems the top 8 or 9 are from St. Louis area and none are committed to Mizzou.  The third guy on the list is a DL.  St. Louis is an area we should hit hard I think.  We got Wallace and Watts from there a few years ago and of course Ronnie Wingo.  The KC area seems more Mizzou than St. Louis. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: tusked on December 13, 2017, 10:16:10 am

Yes

hawginbigd1

Quote from: mizzourazorback on December 13, 2017, 09:31:44 am
I live in Texas the signs are up everywhere, but it don't matter. Additionally around the Metroplex Yield is a suggestion or invitation to do so not a requirement!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: bkjbearcat on December 12, 2017, 08:36:54 pm

Nope I heard he was Bant from Missouri!

Sorry I feel especially Jackwagonish today so couldn't resist.

Bash

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 13, 2017, 09:27:37 am
You can get a ticket for holding up traffic driving in the left lane in Missouri.

Too bad that isn't the case in Arkansas. 
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

For some reason the Hogs have recruited KC very lightly the past 50 years.  It's been a Nebraska spot but they're way down and we may have missed a great opportunity to get a foothold in there.  It's a football metro and there is talent up there.

The situation we're in we really can't disregard anywhere that's a super easy 4 hour drive from campus. Straight shot down 71/I-49
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Hawghiggs

We need to. It's a state in transition.  It once was a primary state of the Big 8. Now it is part of the SEC, and should be a focal point for Arkansas.

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

redeye

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 13, 2017, 09:27:37 am
There is, but CCM had better be careful. You can get a ticket for holding up traffic driving in the left lane in Missouri.

I'm sure he'll pop the clutch and hammer down.

The #4 guy on that Missouri list, Mario Goodrich, goes to Lee's Summit West.  Don't we have a former player who's the head coach there?

rtr

St. Louis produced Ben Cowins.  The best running back we had until McFadden.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

geddie

Quote from: rtr on December 13, 2017, 10:17:35 pm
St. Louis produced Ben Cowins.  The best running back we had until McFadden.

Steve Atwater (St. Louis) and Gary Anderson (Columbia) are 2 other Razorback greats that came from Missouri high schools. 

mizzouman

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 13, 2017, 04:50:43 pm
After looking at that list it seems the top 8 or 9 are from St. Louis area and none are committed to Mizzou.  The third guy on the list is a DL.  St. Louis is an area we should hit hard I think.  We got Wallace and Watts from there a few years ago and of course Ronnie Wingo.  The KC area seems more Mizzou than St. Louis. 
KC is more ku in hoops and NEB in football.  STL is more BIG10 then anything else.