Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daulton Hyatt redshirt QB

Started by J Man, December 12, 2017, 07:19:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

J Man

Anyone have any info on his development during his redshirt year?   I never hear his name mentioned in the QB debate for next year.

Wildhog

I'd like to know, too.  Coming out of HS, he looked like the perfect fit for this new offense.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkSoda

I'm sure we will find out in the spring.   the QB battle will be wide open.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Bacons Rebellion

I've posted several times that I think he's a viable dark horse. His highlight reels show some nice runs on read options.

JONAS

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 12, 2017, 07:40:38 pm
I'm sure we will find out in the spring.   the QB battle will be wide open.

He should have just as good of chanced as any.  I don't think Cole Kelley is mobile enough to run the offense.

PorkSoda

Quote from: JONAS on December 12, 2017, 07:54:11 pm
He should have just as good of chanced as any.  I don't think Cole Kelley is mobile enough to run the offense.
I like CK and while he has the experience edge, its a whole new day with a new staff that are looking for different things.  I don't care if we start a freshman in the fall if that is who CM sees as the future of the program.  should be an interesting offseason.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

JONAS

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 12, 2017, 08:16:08 pm
I like CK and while he has the experience edge, its a whole new day with a new staff that are looking for different things.  I don't care if we start a freshman in the fall if that is who CM sees as the future of the program.  should be an interesting offseason.

I like Kelley as well.  I just don't think he can run the offense.  I could be wrong.

Hugo Bezdek

What's the status of Ty Storey? Is he still planning to transfer or will he go through Spring Practice at least before making a decision?

JONAS

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 12, 2017, 08:19:43 pm
What's the status of Ty Storey? Is he still planning to transfer or will he go through Spring Practice at least before making a decision?

I didn't know he was planning on transferring. 

PorkSoda

Quote from: JONAS on December 12, 2017, 08:27:46 pm
wouldn't surprise me if he was, but hopefully he sticks around for the QB Battle Royale this spring.

Rafe Peavey did transfer to SMU though.

jgphillips3

If Cole keeps his starting role, I see Daulton as a solid #2.  Great skill set.  Good arm and good feet.

B Ray

Quote from: JONAS on December 12, 2017, 08:17:30 pm
I like Kelley as well.  I just don't think he can run the offense.  I could be wrong.
i think Cole is mobile enough, but I think there may be a better option

livevanguy

Quote from: B Ray on December 12, 2017, 08:53:46 pm
I'm a CK fan if he starts or not. He certainly brought in some new energy this season when we needed it and was fun to watch. I think he is a different kind of mobile. I don't think he has the shiftiness of a dual threat, but he's big/tough enough to make some defensive players question how/if they can stop him solo.
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

Wooderson

Quote from: JONAS on December 12, 2017, 08:27:46 pm

Unless something has changed in the past couple of weeks...He gone.  Look for Oklahoma State to be an option.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

hawgfan4life

A former high School coach that has won a couple of state championships that goes to Greenwood games was adamant that Connor Nolan would have started at AR over everyone after Allen.  If that was accurate, CN will be in the mix.

imtad16

Quote from: B Ray on December 12, 2017, 08:53:46 pm

I do too. Cole isn't quick, but he is athletic enough get yards when he has to keep the ball and will always fall forward that is for sure. SMU QB Ben Hicks had 79 yards on 47 carries this season. Kelly had 74 yards on 53 carries this season. Very similar to the QB Morris has started the past 2 seasons.

I'm interested to see Hyatt though.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: JONAS on December 12, 2017, 08:17:30 pm

Go look at Nicks rushing numbers. CCM adjusts to the QB and has had several who didn't run.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

moses_007

Bohannon's the man, if we get him.  Wait and see.

VirginiaHog

Kelley will be a star in this system. Morris has not used a dual threat the last couple years even though he had them on the roster. Not a necessity.

SPAL

Quote from: Wooderson on December 12, 2017, 09:07:36 pm
Unless something has changed in the past couple of weeks...He gone.  Look for Oklahoma State to be an option.

That first line is the pseudo insider's best line.....makes the situation fluid . Pork fat jimmy trained you well. Congrats.

If what you said happens....I'll give you props. Otherwise, you're another in a long list of frauds.

RazorPiggie

I just don’t see him going to Ok state.

I heard Ok State about 2 months ago. Ty needs to go to UCA or an FCS team.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 12, 2017, 10:42:18 pm
That first line is the pseudo insider's best line.....makes the situation fluid . Pork fat jimmy trained you well. Congrats.

If what you said happens....I'll give you props. Otherwise, you're another in a long list of frauds.

Another one busted by...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

cjack

Quote from: VirginiaHog on December 12, 2017, 10:31:55 pm
Kelley will be a star in this system. Morris has not used a dual threat the last couple years even though he had them on the roster. Not a necessity.

Thank you. So many people think this is Gus Malzahn's offense. It's not.  The quarterback rarely runs in the left lane hammer down Morris offense.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Gonna be a great competition... This Hyatt kid is a baller. the first 5 minutes or so is nothing but TD passes... He starts running after that. Whatever "IT" is he has it...
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1253550/583cb8e15b3cb11424b86b8c
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

kodiakisland

Quote from: J Man on December 12, 2017, 07:19:05 pm
Anyone have any info on his development during his redshirt year?   I never hear his name mentioned in the QB debate for next year.

Really doesn't matter what he did in BB's pro style offense or working on scout team prep.  Everyone gets a new chance at a new offense.  What anyone did last year no longer matters.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

hogfooey

Dalton has spent a year with Bielema.  So he should be "close".  Still not sure what we were supposed to be close to last year.  ;D
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

buldozer

Quote from: moses_007 on December 12, 2017, 10:26:52 pm
Bohannon's the man, if we get him. 
^^^This^^^ is what I am hoping for provided he is as good as advertised.

East Clintwood

Hopefully Bert's crew didn't cause him any permanent damage. 
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

JONAS

I hope we get him.

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 12, 2017, 11:29:43 pm
Gonna be a great competition... This Hyatt kid is a baller. the first 5 minutes or so is nothing but TD passes... He starts running after that. Whatever "IT" is he has it...
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1253550/583cb8e15b3cb11424b86b8c

that's a good post

I think he's a legit 4.6

that's fast

OnYourToes

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 12, 2017, 08:29:32 pm
wouldn't surprise me if he was, but hopefully he sticks around for the QB Battle Royale this spring.

Rafe Peavey did transfer to SMU though.

I believe Rafe is eligible for a grad transfer this year.  Not saying eh would be the best option, but he has  been in Coach Morris' system for a while and could be a great asset to younger QBs stepping into it.

Rafe could transfer back to UofA, then get on as a Grad Assistant if he wanted to star a coaching career.  I have no inside info or sources, just thinking out loud.

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Pig in the Pokey

Hyatt is the highest ranked QB currently on campus. #9 QB, #140 ESPN300.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

fishes2000

So why are we getting three qb's in this class? Noland, Jones, Bohannan. Will all three enroll early? then you have six qb's in spring practice.

hog_fan

Expecting a guy to from 2A to SEC is just stupid. His own coach says he needs development passing wise Hyatt will never play any real snaps. Kelly i would think has to be early favorite. Storey i suspect will graduate and transfer. Noland i could see starting by mid-season and none of the QB's will enroll early.

azhog10

Not a fan of CK. His decision making and accuracy for a guy that big was puzzling. He struggled to get his feet set and always looked in a hurry. He doesn't seem to calm down in the pocket. Also don't think he can be mobile enough for this offense. He's a load, and I would keep him around for some designed QB sneaks out of shotgun on the goal line. But that's about it.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: azhog10 on December 13, 2017, 05:01:33 pm
Not a fan of CK. His decision making and accuracy for a guy that big was puzzling. He struggled to get his feet set and always looked in a hurry. He doesn't seem to calm down in the pocket. Also don't think he can be mobile enough for this offense. He's a load, and I would keep him around for some designed QB sneaks out of shotgun on the goal line. But that's about it.

Not a QB out there that wouldn't looked hurried behind that OL we had last year.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: fishes2000 on December 13, 2017, 01:04:26 pm
So why are we getting three qb's in this class? Noland, Jones, Bohannan. Will all three enroll early? then you have six qb's in spring practice.

LET THE CREAM RISE BABY.!!!!!!

azhog10

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 13, 2017, 05:14:59 pm
Not a QB out there that wouldn't looked hurried behind that OL we had last year.
Even when he wasn't he didn't set his feet.

hawginbigd1

I don't know what is up but I never heard much, if anything about Hyatt, who was supposed to be a relatively highly rated recruit. 2 walk-ons were getting snaps and he wasn't so I don't know what that says.............

deserthoag

razorhead5

Pork Twain

Quote from: fishes2000 on December 13, 2017, 01:04:26 pm
Some guys recruited as QBs out of HS, turn out to be great WRs/TEs.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 14, 2017, 05:59:19 am
Some guys recruited as QBs out of HS, turn out to be great WRs/TEs.

Your exactly right. WSU DC Grinch says he looks for speed and athletes on defense and many times he signs speedy athletic HS QBs and teaches them to play defense.

blu

Check pressers from this past year, Dalton did an excellent job on the scout team - CBB spoke very positively about his performance. He appears to be more mobile than either of the Allens, could be a good fit.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Frank Broyles used to bring in High School QBs and make them into other position players.  Frank said that most QBs had good knowledge of the game, high energy, and good attitudes.  The transition from QB to wherever was not difficult.

We should not read anything into Brets use of any player.  He may have known that Hyatt would redshirt and he wasn't going to waste any snaps on him, thus giving those snaps to others.  Bret was a real doozy, a one of a kind.  I bet he run practice like he ran the game.  Milk the clock.  No need to hurry up and practice.  Anyway, we are practicing how to milk the clock.  We don't need the second teamers learning anything anyway.

Peter Porker

Lol please watch some game film from SMU.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Quote from: azhog10 on December 13, 2017, 05:01:33 pm

Where are folks getting this "not mobile enough".

Also, Cole Kelley was a redshirt freshman playing behind a bad line or did y'all forget about that?!?!?!

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

He will have to redshirt.

The Hawg Marshal

I have no idea who will be or who should be the starting QB next season. I just hope it's a wide open competition and that the best player wins the job.