Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sonny Dykes to replace CMM at SMU

Started by Polecat, December 11, 2017, 04:42:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Chad Morris Morris?  Coach Morris Morris? Coach Manly Morris?

Ā 

Polecat

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 11, 2017, 04:47:52 pm

Chad Magnificent Morris. Duh
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

kodiakisland

CMM, the way Samuel L Jackson would say it.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Dwight_K_Shrute

Dykes should do well there.  Cal seemed like a bad fit.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ncrebel

Well, y'all need me, I'll be putting pictures of my arse on the internet.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Albert Einswine

Can we for God's sake stop with the Bammer and Aubbie copycatting and go back to the days when we just called the Head Razorback by his freakin' name?

CBP, CBB, CCM,.... that crap makes me livid. Once upon a time we didn't follow the lead of Alabama inbreds.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 11, 2017, 05:10:07 pm
Can we for God's sake stop with the Bammer and Aubbie copycatting and go back to the days when we just called the Head Razorback by his freakin' name?

CBP, CBB, CCM,.... that crap makes me livid. Once upon a time we didn't follow the lead of Alabama inbreds.

I like to use their initials for shorthand is that OK?  I think the C is a bit odd myself.  Like who the hell else would we be talking about?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 11, 2017, 05:11:39 pm
I like to use their initials for shorthand is that OK?  I think the C is a bit odd myself.  Like who the hell else would we be talking about?

Yeah, initials are fine, but that C on the front really chaps my ass. We're better than this, at least we used to be.

It's like after HDN a bunch of our fans decided we had to join the Bama, Tenner, Aubbie, Georgia clique in the SEC to be cool.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

greenEGnHAWGS

Ha ha...I'm sorry my friend but there's nothing wrong with abbreviations...though I must say I may reconsider. I didn't know Bama and aubie invented abbreviations...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 11, 2017, 05:16:43 pm

Yeah, initials are fine, but that C on the front really chaps my ass. We're better than this, at least we used to be.

Why does the "C" for coach bother you so much? And why does that make us worse for using it?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Ā 

Albert Einswine

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 11, 2017, 05:18:35 pm
Why does the “C” for coach bother you so much? And why does that make us worse for using it?

Because our sheeple fans adopted it from the other SEC schools, primarily the Alabama ones. There was a time when we were unique in that we referred to the coach by his name or initials only, then a bunch of jackwagons started copying other fans. It's weak.

S&W

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 11, 2017, 05:17:25 pm
. I didn't know Bama and aubie invented abbreviations...

Have you ever attended a spelling bee in Alabama?

Albert Einswine

HogPharmer

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 11, 2017, 05:25:22 pm

Because our sheeple fans adopted it from the other SEC schools, primarily the Alabama ones. There was a time when we were unique in that we referred to the coach by his name or initials only, then a bunch of jackwagons started copying other fans. It's weak.

Surely we were not UNIQUE in that we referred to our coaches by their names
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

trphog

Great. Hitch up Coach Traylor and bring him here....and quick!

hotdog hog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 11, 2017, 05:25:22 pm

Albert I think most of us adopted it from HV. It's easier in my opinion. Go grab you an ice cold Bertweiser and enjoy the rest of your night.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 11, 2017, 05:33:11 pm
Surely we were not UNIQUE in that we referred to our coaches by their names

LOL, you get what I mean, we didn't follow other SEC programs with CHDN, CNR. Our fans for some reason decided to join the bammer club with Petrino.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: S&W on December 11, 2017, 05:26:41 pm
Have you ever attended a spelling bee in Alabama?
Lol. Do any of the spelling bees ever last over 10 minutes before everyone loses?

Razorback Pastor

ricepig

Quote from: trphog on December 11, 2017, 05:36:03 pm
Great. Hitch up Coach Traylor and bring him here....and quick!
In the running for OC at Mizzou......

Oklahawg

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 11, 2017, 05:56:48 pm
Lol. Do any of the spelling bees ever last over 10 minutes before everyone loses?

First one to spell a word correctly wins!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ā€• Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  ā€“ Yogi Berra

Ā 

farmhawg

So CSD is now the HC at SMU to replace CCM the HC now at the UofA?
Got it.

+1 AE.....

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

MissippHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 11, 2017, 04:47:52 pm
Coach Mike Norvell Morris

apcapri

I use the CCM and other initials like that and I've never been to another SEC board. Not sure how I knew they were doing that and how cool I thought it would be to copy them.

farmhawg

Quote from: apcapri on December 11, 2017, 06:27:04 pm
I use the CCM and other initials like that and I've never been to another SEC board. Not sure how I knew they were doing that and how cool I thought it would be to copy them.
You we're trying to be a cool kid, admit it.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

You likely saw it here and copied it from Hogville.  I know many did.  I think its dumb here on Hogville.  If folks are so lost they don't know who you are talking about with just CM, maybe we should say Head Coach Chad Morris (HCCM).

We'll bust our asses on something like this, then run on for hours with shorts like the kid from SW Texas or the DB from AZ or GB from AR when not all of us know every possible recruit.  It just ain't cool to just say his name, position, hometown and state so everyone will know who the hell you are talking about.

S&W

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 11, 2017, 05:56:48 pm

How would they know who won or lost?

East Clintwood

Quote from: S&W on December 11, 2017, 07:40:51 pm
How would they know who won or lost?

They bring in out of state officials.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

ChicoHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 11, 2017, 05:00:29 pm
Dykes should do well there.  Cal seemed like a bad fit.
Cal was so much better this year after he left.  Justin Wilcox did a nice job and they played some decent defense.  I loved it when they smoked Wazzu and Mike Leach 37-3.  Dykes cares nothing about defense but he probably is a good fit at a school like SMU where they need to be high powered offense to draw fans. 

jneal56

Wow! Had no idea the three letter acronyms originated from Alabama and Auburns football coaches! Learn something new every day!
"At least we are moral"

S&W

Piggfoot

I use initials because I want to shorten the words and not have to hunt and peck on this iPhone. Surely you can find something more to irritate you than typing initials. I've never been to another fan site but I did stay in a Holiday Inn in Alabama once.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

PorkRinds

I use initials to piss off Albert Einswine.

From Tusk Till Dawn

No initials to be used to abbreviate but you abbreviated Alabama and Auburn.  Should we also ban GOBN, BOT, etc (etcetera)?  😜

greenEGnHAWGS

Only on HV will a thread about CSD turn into debate on using "C" in front of a coaches initials...then blame those using it on copying Bama and Aubie boards...SMH...or...CSMH...

Albert Einswine

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 11, 2017, 08:21:48 pm
I use initials to piss off Albert Einswine.

I don't doubt that, lol. I don't have a problem with initials. It's the friggin' "C" on front. That weak ish came to our boards from elsewhere. We called Nolan Nolan, we called Nutt Dale, or HDN, or MOTHO. Everybody knew they were the coach.

I use initials at times, BP, BB, MA, but never with the "C". It's too gumpish.

DeltaBoy

This is a solid place for him to rebuild his resume !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.