Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hanspard

Started by Rock City Razorback, December 11, 2017, 11:53:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

colt-45

Pig in the Pokey

He committed to Baylor. Let it go, guys.
like we said early, we moved on.

https://twitter.com/bjhanspard94/status/940408805510320128
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Cure on December 11, 2017, 08:21:07 pm
Don't knock the kid's hard work because his dad was successful.
lol
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

colt-45

Here's where all that came from. I guess maybe he dissed their style of play. https://www.si.com/cauldron/2015/09/22/bret-bielema-kliff-kingsbury-arkansas-texas-am

hogoffate

Quote from: colt-45 on December 11, 2017, 08:34:48 pm
Pretty sure BB said he didn't believe in the spread it out, up tempo style, that he wanted to play physical, grind it out, smash mouth football. Some took that as a shot at the spread style that's very popular down there. He definitely didn't diss the TX HS coaches, to their face at a clinic full of said coaches.

This is what happened.  Mainly Kingsbury of Tech took affront to it.
Bielema didn't insult anyone there.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: colt-45 on December 11, 2017, 08:34:48 pm
Pretty sure BB said he didn't believe in the spread it out, up tempo style, that he wanted to play physical, grind it out, smash mouth football. Some took that as a shot at the spread style that's very popular down there. He definitely didn't diss the TX HS coaches, to their face at a clinic full of said coaches.

I thought he did say this at a HS coaches convention in TX.  Am I wrong?
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/9/21/9362143/bret-bielema-kliff-kingsbury-arkansas-texas-tech-controversies
Retired Radio Host

hogoffate

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 11, 2017, 08:41:20 pm
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/9/21/9362143/bret-bielema-kliff-kingsbury-arkansas-texas-tech-controversies

Kingsbury made that up about him saying not playing without a fullback and throwing 70 times a game.  That's crap.
He did say he preferred a more physical style of ball than the spread but didn't say anything negative about that style of offense.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: hogoffate on December 11, 2017, 08:44:21 pm
Kingsbury made that up about him saying not playing without a fullback and throwing 70 times a game.  That's crap.
He did say he preferred a more physical style of ball than the spread but didn't say anything negative about that style of offense.

Thanks for the update.  I wasn't aware.  No one called Kingsbury on that?
Retired Radio Host

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 11, 2017, 08:45:27 pm
dude is wrong. Bert absolutely burned the bridge to Texas.
@Slackaveli

Beached

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 11, 2017, 08:45:27 pm

As much as Bert loved to voice his opinion about everything he had an opinion on, you know we would have heard him spouting off on Kingsbury had his comments been taken that much out of context.

The reality is that they weren't. 
Bert mouthed off, and he did so in such a way that coaches in Texas found a way to take offense with. 

Another example of his mouth writing checks his coaching couldn't cover. 

Quote"At the Texas High School Coaches Convention this summer he stood up and said if you don't play with a fullback we'll kick your ass, and if you throw it 70 times a game we'll kick your ass," Kingsbury said. He continued: "He just got his ass kicked twice in a row and probably next week by A&M too. That did feel good."

The statement was shocking on its face, but even more so coming from Kingsbury, who's much more Bill Belichick than Mike Leach in his approach. In his third season at Texas Tech he's rarely said anything quotable or newsworthy, preferring instead to stick to standard cliché and coach speak. The fact that Kingsbury briefly broke character is telling, and should speak volumes about the level of disdain toward Bielema in Texas.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 11, 2017, 08:41:20 pm

Just more proof that Long messed up hiring a loud mouth oaf. Bert only talked big with a dinosaur offense no one wanted to play in.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

bkjbearcat

Quote from: hogoffate on December 11, 2017, 08:44:21 pm

Bert also is the oaf who doubled down on his "Death Certificate" rant.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bkjbearcat on December 11, 2017, 09:14:12 pm
Bert also is the oaf who doubled down on his "Death Certificate" rant.
there was a poster on Hogville that said something like, "Mark my words, this will be the end for Bielema, he wont be successful here now." said it that day when it happened.

worst part is Bert believed it when he said his fullback team can beat a team that has 70 pass attempts. As if, Bert. #wrongsideofhistory
@Slackaveli

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Beached on December 11, 2017, 08:56:58 pm
As much as Bert loved to voice his opinion about everything he had an opinion on, you know we would have heard him spouting off on Kingsbury had his comments been taken that much out of context.

The reality is that they weren't. 
Bert mouthed off, and he did so in such a way that coaches in Texas found a way to take offense with. 

Another example of his mouth writing checks his coaching couldn't cover.

The most ironic part of that feud is Bert making fun of Kingsbury for being a ".500 coach" and Bert going 29-34 here.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

HogNTX

December 11, 2017, 09:42:07 pm #64 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:51:02 pm by HogNTX
Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 11, 2017, 01:49:47 pm
I just watched his highlight video. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, but he didn't really jump out at you from an athletic standpoint like a lot of top corners do on video.

I scouted a team that played them this year...  he's certainly on a very athletic team so standing out is harder.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 11, 2017, 09:30:09 pm
The most ironic part of that feud is Bert making fun of Kingsbury for being a ".500 coach" and Bert going 29-34 here.
and him saying, "Ive learned in my 10 years doing this you dont worry about the guy on year 2" ... LOL. Now, KK is still coaching at Texas Tech and Bert couldnt get a job at La Tech.
@Slackaveli

ChicoHog

Hey, I'm glad Bielema is gone but I will take him over Kingsbury any day of the week.  Amazing he still has a job. 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 11, 2017, 10:06:41 pm
Hey, I'm glad Bielema is gone but I will take him over Kingsbury any day of the week.  Amazing he still has a job. 

yep.
Retired Radio Host

imtad16

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 11, 2017, 10:06:41 pm

Yeah, Kingsbury has not been very good at Tech. My favorite thing (by favorite I mean funny as he gave himself way too much credit) about his rant is that he said he kicked Arkansas' ass, but that he did not. It was back and forth all game and there was a really really bad offensive PI call against Hunter Henry that had a very large effect on the game. If anything, Patrick Mahomes kicked our ass. Kingsbury had nothing to do with it. Mahomes is a special talent. If Tech had a different coach and Mahomes then Tech might have kicked our ass. Kingsbury is a good OC, but man the good people of Lubbock and the Tech administration are very generous because he has been bleh as HC there. I think it's been hard for them to fire their former QB on account of his time as a player at Tech.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: imtad16 on December 11, 2017, 10:26:12 pm
Yeah, Kingsbury has not been very good at Tech. My favorite thing (by favorite I mean funny as he gave himself way too much credit) about his rant is that he said he kicked Arkansas' ass, but that he did not. It was back and forth all game and there was a really really bad offensive PI call against Hunter Henry that had a very large effect on the game. If anything, Patrick Mahomes kicked our ass. Kingsbury had nothing to do with it. Mahomes is a special talent. If Tech had a different coach and Mahomes then Tech might have kicked our ass. Kingsbury is a good OC, but man the good people of Lubbock and the Tech administration are very generous because he has been bleh as HC there. I think it's been hard for them to fire their former QB on account of his time as a player at Tech.
agree on all counts.
@Slackaveli

ImHogginIt

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 11, 2017, 05:48:34 pm
Did you change your screen name for a minute, or does some newby have your avatits..!?

I think everyone should use it for awhile  ;D

ChicoHog

Quote from: imtad16 on December 11, 2017, 10:26:12 pm
Yes, I was at that game and was shocked how poorly we played and how good Mahomes was.  Through the years all the Tech QBs were "system" guys that worked in their scheme but really weren't great QBs and all failed in the NFL.  But Mahomes was much more athletic and had a stronger arm which was easy to see that day. I hope he does well in the pros but the learning curve is steep from the basic Tech schemes to the NFL.