Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 29, 2024, 04:46:02 am

Bobby Allen

Started by litmachog, December 10, 2017, 07:25:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogPharmer

Quote from: TNarch on December 13, 2017, 12:47:07 am
Since we are on the subject.  Yes, the Allen boys took a lickin and kept on tickin  but, neither were able to make the big plays that win games when they needed to.  They may not have always had a good team surrounding them, but a record book full of stats is worth little if they are not matched by and equally impressive number of W's.

You're right....

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

TNarch

Quote from: RazorWhacker on December 13, 2017, 07:56:19 am
What tha???

I started to respond with clips of BA from the Ole Miss "4th & 25" game where he was clutch over and over as an example and AA from the TCU game last year.

Then I thought, nah. He can't be serious. He's just being sarcastic or trolling.

You are, right?

I can counter any play you want to list with plays like one of the games at Jerry World with BA not under pressure and a receiver less than 10 yards away and wide open at the goal line for the win and BA tosses an uncatchable ball at his ankles. 

BA put up monster stats, but how those stats were amassed matters.  Midway through his last season, he was completing 62% of his passes in the first half.  But, he was only 40% on third down and 43% in the third quarter. 

I don't intend to be knocking the two guys.  They took a beating and played hard for a team and a coach that didn't have what it took to see a game to victory.  All I'm saying is passing for 3000 yds is less important than winning more than 50% of you games.

IronHog

Quote from: TNarch on December 13, 2017, 09:20:28 am
I can counter any play you want to list with plays like one of the games at Jerry World with BA not under pressure and a receiver less than 10 yards away and wide open at the goal line for the win and BA tosses an uncatchable ball at his ankles. 

BA put up monster stats, but how those stats were amassed matters.  Midway through his last season, he was completing 62% of his passes in the first half.  But, he was only 40% on third down and 43% in the third quarter. 

I don't intend to be knocking the two guys.  They took a beating and played hard for a team and a coach that didn't have what it took to see a game to victory.  All I'm saying is passing for 3000 yds is less important than winning more than 50% of you games.

BA was a major reason B.B. couldn't win......but I put much of that on B.B.

Would have loved to see BA in BPs system.  They would have been GOOD

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Johnny Bobo

atekido

Quote from: TNarch on December 13, 2017, 12:47:07 am
Since we are on the subject.  Yes, the Allen boys took a lickin and kept on tickin  but, neither were able to make the big plays that win games when they needed to.  They may not have always had a good team surrounding them, but a record book full of stats is worth little if they are not matched by and equally impressive number of W's.

Boy you better go and look at film of Brandon.  There has never been a clutch QB ever... ever.... that didn't have receivers that made them look clutch.  The last true dominating receiver we had that could catch balls even when the other team knew he was the only target was Monk.

nightrider388

I have nothing negative to say about Bobby Allen. I just think Coach Morris should chose his own staff as he feels the need. People can say whatever about blood, sweat and hard work. Bobby has been part of many unsuccessful coaching staffs here and always survives and has a position. I don't like politics playing into coaching or recruiting spots. Say whatever you want, but Bobby Allen has a position because he is connected and liked by someone with authority. This shouldn't be an Allen brothers bashing thread.

RazorWhacker

Quote from: TNarch on December 13, 2017, 09:20:28 am

Ok. But that's a completely different statement than the insanely idiotic one you made about neither one ever being able to make a big play to win a game.

GolfHog

Both mediocre just like BB. Make any case you want. They did not get a single good season out of 5 tries.

RazorWhacker

Quote from: GolfHog on December 13, 2017, 08:34:09 pm
Both mediocre just like BB. Make any case you want. They did not get a single good season out of 5 tries.

The only case I made was that both Allens did make big plays to win games.

Saying they were mediocre is within reason. What the poster I quoted said was beyond unreasonable.

RedRock

In Chad Morris I trust.  If he wants to keep Allen around, great.

TNarch

Quote from: RazorWhacker on December 13, 2017, 08:18:38 pm
Ok. But that's a completely different statement than the insanely idiotic one you made about neither one ever being able to make a big play to win a game.
The insanely idiotic thing is to be unable to look at the 5 Allen years as anything other than what they are....one of the worst 5 year periods in Razorback Football. 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: b-ball coach on December 12, 2017, 04:46:36 am
We can all find fault in anyone's performance if we look hard enough. Both QB's were class acts, just like their dad and represented U of A well. Both QB's struggled at times on the field, but anyone who understands coaching knows the slow developing play action pass game was at fault. With a mediocre run game, predictable play cycles and a bad offensive line who could not sustain blocks for a slow play action drop passing game, any QB would struggle.

They never struggled off the field, in the classroom, out on a Saturday night, or during an interview. For all the struggles on the field, both were a picture of character and never blamed anyone or got into trouble off the field. Having said all that, I do believe the new coach should have the full discretion on selecting his staff. If CCM wanted to replace Bobby, he should be able to do it and we all know the RF could find something for him in their side. Thanks BA and AA for your time as hogs and your family should be very proud.

Totally agree.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 12, 2017, 11:06:26 pm
Proud of all the posters putting the h8er in his place but this is by far my favorite.

Made me laugh out loud.
Retired Radio Host

LZH

Quote from: thebigshot on December 14, 2017, 06:55:16 am
Bobby Allen is the reason why we got stuck with Brandon and Austin Allen. The daddy Bobby needs to go packing and go somewhere else. He has ruined the program long enough with his cupcakes his brought in. All he has done was milk the system. please send him packing, his worthless and needs to do something else.

If we weren't "stuck" with Brandon and Austin, fat boy's record would have been four or five games short of what it actually was. You can bitch about Bobby Allen if you think you're sharp enough to do so, but it's obvious you don't know shitsandwiches about QB's. Go back to playing video games.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RedRock on December 13, 2017, 08:59:08 pm
In Chad Morris I trust.  If he wants to keep Allen around, great.
I agree. We've hired the man to make up the staff he wants and needs. IF he decides to retain BA then that's fine by me. Besides, I got out of the coach hiring business a long time ago.

Hardcore Hoggy

why has our Director of HS recruiting only tweeted what a dozen times in 6 years? What's he been doing? Twitter is how these kids communicate.

I have nothing bad to say about his boys, they played their asses off for Arkansas, better than can be said for a lot of their teammates in the same time.

ricepig

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on December 18, 2017, 08:26:52 am
why has our Director of HS recruiting only tweeted what a dozen times in 6 years? What's he been doing? Twitter is how these kids communicate.

I have nothing bad to say about his boys, they played their asses off for Arkansas, better than can be said for a lot of their teammates in the same time.

His job is relations with coaches and NFL scouts, his normal job isn't your to tweet high school players, that's in the recruiting department.