Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm glad the coaching search is over...it's time for me to retire now

Started by The OTR, December 10, 2017, 12:11:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

For some of us here we left it all on the field. I know I did. Twice weekly diatribes and doing my best to tell you guys what was going to happen without letting the cat entirely out of the bag was exhausting.

I hope we have a good coach. I know about searches for coaches. I don't know much about anything once we actually get a coach. 

I'm going to let the rest of you debate everything here in the off season. I'm going to retire from Hogville and while I may look in on you once in a while to keep some of you honest, I will no longer be involved in the daily grind of this place.  There are too many other things to do with my life than discuss special teams for a football team that won't be back on the field for nine more months. 

It's been a pleasure to help guide you through this process.  Guys like Pig in the Pokey, Hoginmemphis, porkrindjimmy, and Delta himself make things difficult for an honest member during a coaching search.  But most of you guys didn't listen to them much and for that you are to be commended.  Guys like Porketarian, Darrel's flaming head, the Traveler, and that new Baylor kid did good work during the coaching search and they deserve a pat on the back, too.

Good luck guys...I may see some of you around. 

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on December 10, 2017, 12:11:56 pm
For some of us here we left it all on the field. I know I did. Twice weekly diatribes and doing my best to tell you guys what was going to happen without letting the cat entirely out of the bag was exhausting.

I hope we have a good coach. I know about searches for coaches. I don't know much about anything once we actually get a coach. 

I'm going to let the rest of you debate everything here in the off season. I'm going to retire from Hogville and while I may look in on you once in a while to keep some of you honest, I will no longer be involved in the daily grind of this place.  There are too many other things to do with my life than discuss special teams for a football team that won't be back on the field for nine more months. 

It's been a pleasure to help guide you through this process.  Guys like Pig in the Pokey, Hoginmemphis, porkrindjimmy, and Delta himself make things difficult for an honest member during a coaching search.  But most of you guys didn't listen to them much and for that you are to be commended.  Guys like Porketarian, Darrel's flaming head, the Traveler, and that new Baylor kid did good work during the coaching search and they deserve a pat on the back, too.

Isn't the Baylor kid the one who emphatically said it wouldn't be Norvell simply because he wouldnt bring a list of strong assistant coaching candidates? Yet...we bring in Morris who brought in his SMU staff? Yes...we MIGHT get Venables. I just find it interesting that he was mentioned as deserving a pat on the back.

Have a fun 9 months off though! See ya again come game time.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

PonderinHog

HogNTX

But wait.... we don't have the DC yet... don't you have some input into that situation??

Uncle Remus

Adios Skandar.  Enjoyed reading your posts and hope to hear from you at least every once in a while!  Happy trails!

The Kig

Keeping a cat in the bag is entertaining, especially if it's airtight.
Poker Porker

Johnny Bobo

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on December 10, 2017, 12:11:56 pm

I look forward to either your next personality's arrival, or the return of one of my many old friends... Sleep well figment!! I mean, Sybil.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

JIHawg

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: JIHawg on December 10, 2017, 02:36:32 pm
Dramatic exit from a message board?  How self important.
it's just one of his many, many , many alters.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

wachhog

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Dark Helmet Hog

snoblind

The OTR

Very fitting that my last thread ever ends up in the trash where it belongs.  Just feels right to be back home again.

It also feels good to have so much free time on my hands. I've got on a nice sweater today, still have my sunday slacks on...argyle socks, slippers. I've done a few crossword puzzles and I may work on getting the leaves out of the gutter tomorrow. Some of you should try this. I'm just so relaxed now that I've retired. 

PonderinHog

The OTR

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 10, 2017, 08:32:32 pm
Troof!

I know pig in the pokey is dumb.  I thought you were slightly smarter than him but I may have misjudgee you. 

The old OTR conspiracy theories seem to raising their ugly heads again. Glad I'm not going to be here to see much of this.

snoblind

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on December 10, 2017, 08:52:28 pm
I know pig in the pokey is dumb.  I thought you were slightly smarter than him but I may have misjudgee you. 

The old OTR conspiracy theories seem to raising their ugly heads again. Glad I'm not going to be here to see much of this.

You're retiring again?  Twice in one day might be record.

Rudy Baylor

The OTR

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 10, 2017, 12:19:55 pm
Isn't the Baylor kid the one who emphatically said it wouldn't be Norvell simply because he wouldnt bring a list of strong assistant coaching candidates? Yet...we bring in Morris who brought in his SMU staff? Yes...we MIGHT get Venables. I just find it interesting that he was mentioned as deserving a pat on the back.

Have a fun 9 months off though! See ya again come game time.

This new kid Baylor has brung more inside info to the board during this coaching search than anyone this side of hoginmemphis.

spe450

The OTR

Quote from: spe450 on December 11, 2017, 07:42:43 am
With Skandar out, I predict the return of HRV.

If you're implying I'm HRV you are way off on that one. 

I've already said I'm OTR.  OTR historians can find many retirements in the OTR archives.  This one is for real this time, though.  This is the end.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on December 11, 2017, 08:53:03 am
If you're implying I'm HRV you are way off on that one. 

I've already said I'm OTR.  OTR historians can find many retirements in the OTR archives.  This one is for real this time, though.  This is the end.

It's like a neverending ending...
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.