Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 04:58:39 am

Let me preface by saying......

Started by Grizzlyfan, December 08, 2017, 02:01:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzlyfan

Pat Jones is an idiot.  But someone asked him on the radio why we (Ark) chose Morris over Norvell.  He said he would have to answer that "off the radio".  Is there something out there that's going to haunt Norvell?  or is Jones just trying to act like he has some insider information?

jgphillips3

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 08, 2017, 02:01:20 pm
Pat Jones is an idiot.  But someone asked him on the radio why we (Ark) chose Morris over Norvell.  He said he would have to answer that "off the radio".  Is there something out there that's going to haunt Norvell?  or is Jones just trying to act like he has some insider information?

Those who know won't say it out loud for some reason. 

Sho Nuff

Posters on here were saying the same thing.  I think it's just their way of making you think they know something you don't.  This is a message board, if someone really knew they would spill it.

DeltaBoy

The Scuttlebutt I heard is this

Novell went to VEGAS and had too much fun and someone got pictures.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Sho Nuff

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 08, 2017, 02:06:03 pm

So is a Memphis booster holding these pics in an effort to keep him there?

PorkRinds

JONAS

I heard he can't keep it in his pants.

UAGolfer1981

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 08, 2017, 02:01:20 pm

As a long time listener (and neighbor) to Coach Jones, he makes it a point not to say anything bad about another coach in public.  He is well connected.   Let's just say there was concern over NM background check and leave it at that.  No person is perfect, so not to judge.

Pat also feels that getting back into Texas and recruiting 10-15 kids a year is key to the Razorbacks.  He also has  strong insight on the overall lack of speed, strength/conditioning and the DLs inability to shed blocks.

hogsanity

The rumors started the weekend after BB was fired that some school, not necessarily Arkansas, found something related to gambling in the Norvell vetting process. Could be too much extracurricular fun in Vegas, could be he has a gambling problem, no one would say. No one would say WHEN in his life all this happened either but it was enough to pretty much keep everyone away. After that 1st weekend of the off season for most teams he was never seriously mentioned for any job, and even the talk here went away pretty fast.

None if it may be true but something happened because he was one of the hot names all season, and then boom, nothing. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

kinghog

I am posting from Owasso, OK and personally enjoy listening to Pat Jones every day.  It's nice to have an Arkansas advocate on the radio in Big 12 country.  He understands the SEC and depth of our conference verses the "video game league" or "flag football league" which is how he refers to the Big 12.  He also has Clay Henry on once a week to talk about the Hogs.  Coach Jones has been around plenty in the college and NFL ranks and he is indeed very well connected.  His insight is usually pretty correct and I respect him for holding back when he doesn't share news about someone that could be less than flattering.  With that said could we not agree that Chad Morris has a much better pedigree than Norvell?  His time at Clemson alone as a coordinator is in my opinion better experience than being a head coach for two years at Memphis.  Morris actually helped turn a program around as a coordinator and then again as a head coach.  I am not knocking Norvell but he hasn't done that yet.  Maybe he will in the future but as of right now Morris is better on paper and on the field.

GolfNut57

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 08, 2017, 02:06:03 pm

What can he do in Vegas that he can't do in nearby Tunica?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Don't you know, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, at least according to the commercial.  Guess in his case, the commercial was wrong.