Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If appearances are correct...

Started by OneTuskOverTheLine™, December 07, 2017, 01:32:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

We just got a Head Ball Coach with 95% of Houston Nutt's enthusiasm and pride melded with 95% Gus Malzahn's Offensive ingenuity... I just don't see how that can be bad... I mean He's a little Giggety, but he's no dumbass either.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

TriHog

He was definitely up for the presser.

irahogfan

Hope 95% of the fans are happy too!! I believe this is an outstanding hire. Now we need top notch DC
We don't rent pigs!!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

He and HDN both come close to pegging out the ADHD schkitzometer, But it's like he's funneled his energy into a super laser focused matrix of recruiting, coaching and scheming where HDN could chase squirrels upon occasion...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

Oklahawg

Won the presser, executed a fine hog call, and should galvanize the fanbase behind him.

I suspect there are a lot of Hog fans with their piss hot right now :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Kneph13

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 07, 2017, 02:27:19 pm
Won the presser, executed a fine hog call, and should galvanize the fanbase behind him.

I agree +1
There is no Political Correctness in war

Beaverfever

And as far as I know he doesn't bite his nails like Nutt and Malzahn. 

NotRavingNEmore

I'm a little concerned that he is a little too proud of his Deshan Watson history.   That's already annoying me

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: NotRavingNEmore on December 07, 2017, 03:44:14 pm
I'm a little concerned that he is a little too proud of his Deshan Watson history.   That's already annoying me

Sounded a little JJ Watt-ish to me.

zxbeer

Absolutely won in the presser. "Be in the Now" I think he said "fast" like 50 times. I'm sold so far. Easily gets time to make it work. Wouldn't surprise me if we get a bowl soon.
UA Class of 90

26.2Hog

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 07, 2017, 03:42:42 pm

Also doesn't crab pinch or pistol shoot.

HogPharmer

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 07, 2017, 01:32:31 pm
  We just got a Head Ball Coach with 95% of Houston Nutt's enthusiasm and pride melded with 95% Gus Malzahn's Offensive ingenuity... I just don't see how that can be bad... I mean He's a little Giggety, but he's no dumbass either.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Billy Bats

Why wouldn't you be proud of that?  D. Watson is a beast.

Beaverfever

It's a sales pitch he tells kids every day.  It's probably involuntary to some degree.

LRHawg

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 07, 2017, 03:42:42 pm

Yes and so far, I've counted 0 boogers eaten.

Beaverfever

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 07, 2017, 03:49:27 pm
Why wouldn't you be proud of that?  D. Watson is a beast.
Yeah Deshaun Watson is a big deal right now.  He's going to get as much mileage out of this as possible. 

jgphillips3

Looks and mannerisms vaguely similar to Broyles, offensive mind of Petrino/Gus and enthusiasm of HDN...surely either the good times or the end times are near.

ronmahony

Why? You don't think a lot of high school as well as college kids didn't perk up when he said that? I know if I was a high school kid, especially QB, thinking about going to a school I would want that kind of a mentor coaching me. I think he was sending a message, not just on there bragging.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Beaverfever

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 07, 2017, 03:52:01 pm
Looks and mannerisms vaguely similar to Broyles, offensive mind of Petrino/Gus and enthusiasm of HDN...surely either the good times or the end times are near.
He seems much more flexible to adapting his offense than Petrino.  I think more than anything Petrino is an amazing evaluator of talent. 

JONAS

I sure am.  Ready for football season.

sowmonella

The first thought I had was how much he looked like a 50 year old Broyles.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

runninghog

Doesn't matter to me.  I just saw an Aggie call the Hogs today....and like it.  Won me over.  WPS!

hawgball40

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 07, 2017, 01:38:39 pm
He and HDN both come close to pegging out the ADHD schkitzometer, But it's like he's funneled his energy into a super laser focused matrix of recruiting, coaching and scheming where HDN could chase squirrels upon occasion...
What an ignorant, offensive, and irresponsible statement. many people with ADHD live normal, successful lives, of which myself, my brother, and our sweet mother are counted among. Yet to hear you tell it, any person with ADHD is nothing more than a rambling, delusional air head.

longtimeHogfan

In his team meeting he said he planned on getting the best DC in the country on board.  Hmmmm..........
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

ballz2thewall

your best post for the week:)
The rest of the frog.

hogsanity

He is a horrible hire, Hogville told me so.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogindasticks

Will be able to see after DC is announced.

Freebrd

I wanted kiffin or venables.  But I am behind Coach Morris.  ESPECIALLY when he opened his first meeting with the players.  To paraphrase him,  You need to sit up, put your feet on the floor and your drinks down.  There is a change a'comin'.  Go Hogs!

texasdvm

You know guys, as a sixty year old that been a Razorback fan for say 54 years, I get real teary eyed when I see a Razorback football coach talk about the things that CM said today.  I am surprised by how the Razorback football program has touched me over the years.  The love that I have for it just comes out at times.  I just love our program when it honors Coach Broyles and all the men who have been part of it.  I have raised  three sons who also share that fond affection.   I do not know how it will work out but I am always hopeful and grateful for the good memories the program has given me and my family.  Love and Merry Christmas to all my Razorback family. I am ready to lock arms!

HogPharmer

Quote from: runninghog on December 07, 2017, 03:59:33 pm
Doesn't matter to me.  I just saw an Aggie call the Hogs today....and like it.  Won me over.  WPS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe09zx2PZTI

They've already done that. Remember this video they released right after they joined the SEC?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HawgWild

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 07, 2017, 03:51:49 pm
Yeah Deshaun Watson is a big deal right now.  He's going to get as much mileage out of this as possible.

I believe that CBB mentioned Russell Wilson a time or two in his introductory press conference.

Pig in the Pokey

yeah, even my adhd cant touch CCM's. But I love the recruiting plan.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HawgWild

Quote from: texasdvm on December 07, 2017, 04:11:39 pm
You know guys, as a sixty year old that been a Razorback fan for say 54 years, I get real teary eyed when I see a Razorback football coach talk about the things that CM said today.  I am surprised by how the Razorback football program has touched me over the years.  The love that I have for it just comes out at times.  I just love our program when it honors Coach Broyles and all the men who have been part of it.  I have raised  three sons who also share that fond affection.   I do not know how it will work out but I am always hopeful and grateful for the good memories the program has given me and my family.  Love and Merry Christmas to all my Razorback family. I am ready to lock arms!

He mentioned being the 1964 National Champions at least twice that I recall.

Boarcephus

And he brings one more thing to the table we've never had and that is a direct pipeline to the high school coaches and talent in Texas.  For perhaps the first time ever, we'll have a players high school coach pushing him to Morris and Arkansas and this is huge.   This will pay off more than anyone realizes. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hopeful Hog

I mean He's a little Giggety, but he's no dumbass either.
this made me laugh way too hard.

runninghog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 07, 2017, 04:12:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe09zx2PZTI

They've already done that. Remember this video they released right after they joined the SEC?

Haha....I forgot about that.  Although that video was a poor excuse for a hog call.

Mjs84

Sir, that is brilliant!

Mjs84

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on December 07, 2017, 04:01:25 pm
In his team meeting he said he planned on getting the best DC in the country on board.  Hmmmm..........
He will be searching Hogville far and wide for the best and sharpest defensive minds college football has ever known.  We have plenty of deserving candidates who are more than qualified to take his call.

ronmahony

Me too buddy. I am right there with you, same age too.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

He's gonna ride that until he can say Deshan Watson, and_______... He keeps saying it and then people will associate themselves with Deshan if they chose Arkansas. It's marketing 101. You just took the best ball player at Clemson and associated him with YOU, thereby associating him with Arkansas. We have a guy who is selling greatness, not "Oh, Uh. well yeah it's Arkansas, but overlook that and maybe we can squeeze enough out of what we got"...
You poor Arkysaw folks just hold his Redbull and watch...

MasterChiefHog

Quote from: ronmahony on December 07, 2017, 03:53:25 pm
Why? You don't think a lot of high school as well as college kids didn't perk up when he said that? I know if I was a high school kid, especially QB, thinking about going to a school I would want that kind of a mentor coaching me. I think he was sending a message, not just on there bragging.
Excellent point. Hope the video goes viral to those in high school athletics. I still think we need to get DMAC on our recruiting staff. Darren MF McFadden walks in to your living room to recruit you...and you're a running back? Wholly sheet!
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

Ex-Trumpet

I remember hearing him on The Ticket in Dallas right after he got the SMU gig...was very impressed with him then.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

MissippHog

Quote from: Mjs84 on December 07, 2017, 04:25:11 pm
He will be searching Hogville far and wide for the best and sharpest defensive minds college football has ever known.  We have plenty of deserving candidates who are more than qualified to take his call.
+1
Haha

jmark

appearances don't win conference games. 

95% of Houston Nutt's enthusiasm.  ??  CCM looks to be pretty smart. 

i like the hire so far.  i think he'll do the very best he can.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

hogfansince79

LOL
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

wooo

Quote from: hawgball40 on December 07, 2017, 04:01:20 pm
What an ignorant, offensive, and irresponsible statement. many people with ADHD live normal, successful lives, of which myself, my brother, and our sweet mother are counted among. Yet to hear you tell it, any person with ADHD is nothing more than a rambling, delusional air head.

Lighten up. 

I'm eaten alive with ADHD and I found the post knee slapping funny

hoggusamoungus

Watson is the QB of the Houston Texans.  The Houston area produces more HS recruits annually than some states do in a decade.  So yeah, I understand him dropping that name.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: MasterChiefHog on December 07, 2017, 04:37:14 pm
Excellent point. Hope the video goes viral to those in high school athletics. I still think we need to get DMAC on our recruiting staff. Darren MF McFadden walks in to your living room to recruit you...and you're a running back? Wholly sheet!

My only think is, do recruits these days even know who McFadden is anymore?

bphi11ips

Understanding that connection is what was missing with Long and Bielema.  Didn't make them bad people.  They just didn't empathize with Razorbacks fans because they had no frame of reference, and they seemed more interested in imposing their framework on us that working their's into ours.  Morris didn't evoke that emotion in you because of his Texas twang, he did it with his reference to the days when he grew up watching Arkansas mentioned with the same respect given to Alabama and Oklahoma and Ohio State.  And you know that's part of his DNA.  And you know he's pinching himself a little bit knowing he's coaching Arkansas.  That's pretty cool.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HoggyCat

Quote from: irahogfan on December 07, 2017, 01:37:18 pm
Hope 95% of the fans are happy too!! I believe this is an outstanding hire. Now we need top notch DC

I'm happy....  so what does that tell you??  😂😂
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.