Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 01:37:11 pm

Remember HSV?

Started by Steef, December 05, 2017, 09:29:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Steef

If you guys remember, HSV was a regular member here (and in Politics) for several years.

We had some interesting conversations.

He was killed while on Mission work in the Middle East. Agree or disagree with him, he certainly lived his faith and died for it.

His son has just joined Hogville and would be glad to hear from anyone who considered his dad a friend.

Feel free to pm me and I'll put you in touch.

hoghearted

Why is this in the trash?

My condolences to his family.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Steef

Quote from: hoghearted on December 05, 2017, 10:59:57 am
Why is this in the trash?

My condolences to his family.

Because this forum & Politics... is where HSV did his best work.

In here, is where scriptural debates occur.

southeasthog

Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

PorkRinds

He was a solid dude. Gave me some great information when we had a Syrian family come into our home.

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Steef

FrJoseph

Okay, so i think this will make this go back up to the top. Thanks for Steef for posting this about my dad, Ted Ramsey (HSVhogfan). I believe my mother sent an email to Mr Lanny Beavers that was posted here. Thank you for all of the emails of condolences to my mother. (And prayers and love for the few that were, well, a little less than nice 🤔)

I am Andrew Ramsey, aka Fr Joseph Mary OM. I teach in Rome and am a Catholic Priest. I was not born in Arkansas but was raised a Hog fan and made many trips home and away with my dad. He had many friends that i think you guys call the PTB, which is quite funny. I just know them as regular guys. I was not good enough to play for Arkansas, but played two years for Frodham before joining the Seminary. Although I am a poor priest, dad made sure I got to keep the Arkansas tickets so when and if I am relocated back to the US, I can make a few trips to Fayetteville. I enjoy the banner and feel free to hammer my opinions. LOL Oh well, time to continue my day.

God Bless each and every one of you.

Fr Joe
You made us for yourself oh God, and are hearts are restless until they rest in you.

PonderinHog

What a great guy!  He truly lived out his faith.  John 15:13

I'll never forget the time he posted his address and "invited" another poster to settle their differences in person.  It was classic!

Welcome to Hogville, FrJoseph!

FrJoseph

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 07, 2017, 06:46:20 am
What a great guy!  He truly lived out his faith.  John 15:13

I'll never forget the time he posted his address and "invited" another poster to settle their differences in person.  It was classic!

Welcome to Hogville, FrJoseph!

My father grew up in a very tough neighborhood of NYC. His father died when he was young and he moved from AR to NYC and was raised by his uncle. He was always a tough old dude, he could go to a high end party at the Plaza Hotel and the same
Night hang out at Smoots with his old buddies and clean the bar out. LOL. I starting taking karate as soon as i could walk it seems

Fr Joe
You made us for yourself oh God, and are hearts are restless until they rest in you.

pigture perfect

So sorry for your loss. I truly hate to hear it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ricepig

Your Dad and I exchanged several PM's, I always enjoyed our "off the record" conversations. He was a man who walked the walk he talked. I was sceptical on some of his "deeds" in life, but came to appreciate and respect him as I got to know him. Welcome to HV, and don't be afraid to state what's on your mind, it would keep with the family tradition!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: FrJoseph on December 06, 2017, 11:31:11 pm
Okay, so i think this will make this go back up to the top. Thanks for Steef for posting this about my dad, Ted Ramsey (HSVhogfan). I believe my mother sent an email to Mr Lanny Beavers that was posted here. Thank you for all of the emails of condolences to my mother. (And prayers and love for the few that were, well, a little less than nice 🤔)

I am Andrew Ramsey, aka Fr Joseph Mary OM. I teach in Rome and am a Catholic Priest. I was not born in Arkansas but was raised a Hog fan and made many trips home and away with my dad. He had many friends that i think you guys call the PTB, which is quite funny. I just know them as regular guys. I was not good enough to play for Arkansas, but played two years for Frodham before joining the Seminary. Although I am a poor priest, dad made sure I got to keep the Arkansas tickets so when and if I am relocated back to the US, I can make a few trips to Fayetteville. I enjoy the banner and feel free to hammer my opinions. LOL Oh well, time to continue my day.

Fr Joe

Welcome to Hogville and your Dad was a fine man here.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Thunderhog Jr

Lanny was HSV back in 2005 because I asked him what it meant, Hot Springs Village...............
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

FrJoseph

Quote from: Thunderhog Jr on December 07, 2017, 04:19:15 pm
Lanny was HSV back in 2005 because I asked him what it meant, Hot Springs Village...............

I think my dad had a 2 or the Roman numeral II after his.

Fr Joe

Steef

Quote from: FrJoseph on December 07, 2017, 04:26:39 pm
I think my dad had a 2 or the Roman numeral II after his.

Fr Joe

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;u=60991

This was him.

You can read every post he ever made.

Ugly Uncle

So sorry for your loss.  Thank God for Godly fathers.
Retired Radio Host

FrJoseph

Quote from: Steef on December 07, 2017, 04:37:10 pm
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;u=60991

This was him.

You can read every post he ever made.

Wow! That's awesome. Thank you for that........ I think.....😉😉

Fr Joe

goodguytex

Quote from: FrJoseph on December 07, 2017, 05:07:09 pm
Wow! That's awesome. Thank you for that........ I think.....😉😉

Fr Joe
Friar Joseph... I never got to meet your Dad, but my limited interactions with him here on Hogville, he seemed like a very kind, and warm-hearted person, always caring for others.

And he knew very well scripture and the doctrine he believed in.
If all Christians were as thoroughly grounded in their faith, and as dedicated as your father was, this world would be a much different, much better place. And I'm truly very sorry for your loss I know what it means to lose your father. Mine has been gone nearly 10 years.

The pain, the missing him, it never goes away. Neither do the memories of all the experiences you both had together. He helped shape the man you are, helped make you into the person you are today. That and much more from him, you will carry with you, forever.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: FrJoseph on December 06, 2017, 11:31:11 pm

Fr Joe

Sir, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family....

I am terribly sad to hear this.

PRJ

southeasthog

Quote from: Thunderhog Jr on December 07, 2017, 04:19:15 pm

I understood it to mean Horns smell victory because he was a Longhorn fan.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.