Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Garland

Started by outlawhogeywells, November 13, 2017, 08:26:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

Quote from: mhuff on December 14, 2017, 10:18:36 pm

Our hogville doctor has not examined this young man; he merely gave some senarios and info we were not getting elsewhere. He simply gave some " If's " about different  conditions and his opinion. Stop putting words in his mouth when you know he does not know Garland's condition. The man could lose his license for that. Get real.

Lol chill out man, I was not talking about the actual doctor from this board and I really appreciated the post of the many different scenarios. I guess I could had phrased it better, but I was being funny and was talking about all the guys that act like they are doctors and talk like they know that he will not ever play.
SCREW Vandy!

TheRazorback500

Sully just reported that he'll redshirt this season.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

FineAsSwine

Hope Khalil keeps his head up and stays positive. Must be hard hearing that you can't do something you love to do and have been doing for years. To have it all end so suddenly after a routine physical would be harder to take than an injury on the court, it would seem to me. Get better Khalil. We're waiting for you.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Danny J

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 15, 2017, 06:40:39 am
Hope Khalil keeps his head up and stays positive. Must be hard hearing that you can't do something you love to do and have been doing for years. To have it all end so suddenly after a routine physical would be harder to take than an injury on the court, it would seem to me. Get better Khalil. We're waiting for you.

mhuff

December 15, 2017, 07:06:30 am #154 Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:25:08 am by mhuff
Quote from: Hogs49ers on December 15, 2017, 03:58:19 am
Lol chill out man, I was not talking about the actual doctor from this board and I really appreciated the post of the many different scenarios. I guess I could had phrased it better, but I was being funny and was talking about all the guys that act like they are doctors and talk like they know that he will not ever play.

Quote from: Hogs49ers on December 15, 2017, 03:58:19 am

My apologies. When I read hogville doctors, I just thought you were referring to real doctors. When a person is being facetious, it is usually done by putting quotation marks around it to draw attention to it and show you really mean the opposite. I myself was guilty of speculating some time ago on what I thought was his medical problem. It dawned on me that no one would know his condition unless he chose to tell us. So, I apologized and decided to keep my mouth shut and pray for him and his family. I know we are all concerned.

Regardless, I do thank the real doctor for taking the time to educate us on different possibilities. I appreciate anyone who shares his or her expertise on this board.

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

mhuff

Well said

jchill

It's a shame, but it's for the best.

Birminghog

+1

hawginbigd1

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 14, 2017, 09:54:53 pm
No, we aren't. We have 4 guards, and Hall that can only play the 3 spot.
Yep, although the last couple Hall has shown a little more versatility IMO, so maybe there is a way for him to fulfill that role.

Paul

Quote from: mhuff on December 14, 2017, 10:18:36 pm

Our hogville doctor has not examined this young man; he merely gave some senarios and info we were not getting elsewhere. He simply gave some " If's " about different  conditions and his opinion. Stop putting words in his mouth when you know he does not know Garland's condition. The man could lose his license for that. Get real.
no he couldn't lose his license

jchill

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on December 14, 2017, 05:50:23 pm
Well, I thought he was the best of the freshmen.
On the other hand, with all the senior guards this year, it's hard for me to say he will be missed that much.
And we've never seen him play a minute of college basketball.

If he can just play hoops again next year, all should be ecstatic. They will need him more next year than this year.

Would he have made an impact like Trae Young of OK?

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: jchill on December 16, 2017, 10:36:51 pm

Would he have made an impact like Trae Young of OK?
No.
Trae Young is the real deal. He was a Parade or McDonald's all-American(someone can look it up) and he's played like one.
Garland isn't at that level, but to me he was the most overall skilled frosh we had. Hall is the better athlete and is a good player, but Garland is a little more advanced basketball player.

WorfHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 14, 2017, 09:54:53 pm
No, we aren't. We have 4 guards, and Hall that can only play the 3 spot.

Meanwhile when Gafford gets in early foul trouble the entire team struggles when playing real competition.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: WorfHog on December 16, 2017, 10:56:39 pm
Meanwhile when Gafford gets in early foul trouble the entire team struggles when playing real competition.
Oklahoma and Minnesota say hi.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Pinto

Quote from: Poppa Tart on December 17, 2017, 12:06:06 am
Oklahoma and Minnesota say hi.

He didn't get in early foul trouble vs Minnesota

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 14, 2017, 05:18:40 pm
Hope he makes it next year. My personal feeling is he will be missed this season dearly.
I hope he does too.  We will be losing a bunch of players after this season.  It might be fortunate that Garland gets another year to help the program down the line.

I was wondering if anyone could give me an assessment of how Garland's game compares to players we have now or some other college player.  I have seen on here that Garland might not be the impact player that Trae Young is at OU, but is he close?   I dont know much about him.  I Googled him and saw he was ranked the #55 player in the nation when he was a junior.  It appears this might be a special player for CMA and what horrible luck for him and Ark that he cannot play.  Glad they caught it ahead of something bad happening. 

He is 6-6 and from Little Rock.  Im just trying to get a handle on how good a high school player he really was and what we might look forward to if he comes back and Gafford stays.   Is Garland a player that could have gone to KY and played for the Lexington Used Car Salesman up there? Is he that good or just under that level?

Provided his health situation improves, it really seems like he could be a program changer or is that a little to much?

navyhog24

Bill Walton compared him to Scotty Pippen during the PK80

labb

Quote from: navyhog24 on December 24, 2017, 05:52:52 pm
Bill Walton compared him to Scotty Pippen during the PK80
I wouldn't put too much in what Walton said. He only saw him in warm ups. I think that what he actually said was that he moved like Pippen.

navyhog24

It was something like that. Warm ups and watching the kid in practice is people have to go off of other than high school highlight videos in youtube.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on December 24, 2017, 05:36:49 pm
I hope he does too.  We will be losing a bunch of players after this season.  It might be fortunate that Garland gets another year to help the program down the line.

I was wondering if anyone could give me an assessment of how Garland's game compares to players we have now or some other college player.  I have seen on here that Garland might not be the impact player that Trae Young is at OU, but is he close?   I dont know much about him.  I Googled him and saw he was ranked the #55 player in the nation when he was a junior.  It appears this might be a special player for CMA and what horrible luck for him and Ark that he cannot play.  Glad they caught it ahead of something bad happening. 

He is 6-6 and from Little Rock.  Im just trying to get a handle on how good a high school player he really was and what we might look forward to if he comes back and Gafford stays.   Is Garland a player that could have gone to KY and played for the Lexington Used Car Salesman up there? Is he that good or just under that level?

Provided his health situation improves, it really seems like he could be a program changer or is that a little to much?

Too much eggnog. Either that or you don't follow basketball that much. Even casual fans know enough to not compare Garland with Trae Young. Young was a McDonalds All-American and a 5-star player.

Having said that, I really like Garland's attributes as a player and I think his skill set meshes well with the Razorbacks style of play.
Hogs up! Covid down!

widespreadsooie

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 24, 2017, 07:39:33 pm
Too much eggnog. Either that or you don't follow basketball that much. Even casual fans know enough to not compare Garland with Trae Young. Young was a McDonalds All-American and a 5-star player.

Having said that, I really like Garland's attributes as a player and I think his skill set meshes well with the Razorbacks style of play.

He didn't compare Garland to Young

AlmaHog2011

I went back and watched some of his videos and man that kid is very skilled and has talent. I want what is best for the kid but if isn't able to play that is a shame. He can handle it and he has multiple ways to finish uses his left hand very well. Only thing I didn't see was his jumper? But he can play. Big loss if he's not able to play.